Demo of cloud shadows in Prepar3d V2

teecee

Yes, its great!

But the best thing is how the plane turns dark if you fly i the cloud-shadow and brightens if you fly back into the light! There is no way back to FSX for me!

And my hopes are strong that P3D 2.3 will make the cloud shadows much less painfull (performance wise). 8)

Yes, its great!

But the best thing is how the plane turns dark if you fly i the cloud-shadow and brightens if you fly back into the light! There is no way back to FSX for me!

And my hopes are strong that P3D 2.3 will make the cloud shadows much less painfull (performance wise). 8)

Glad to see your enjoying things TeeCee , nice shot.

From what I've tested so far in 2.3 cloud shadow performance is much much better, with more improvements to come

Cheers

Ken

Good stuff TeeCee. :)

And meaningful for me as my system crashed last night with an abrupt power outage. If the shop can get it functional again with my applications intact then all is well. If not and I am looking at rebuilding my sim environments from scratch again I may well invest a few hundred and move on the P3D. If you don't see me for a while that will be what is happening.

Beautiful shot BTW...

Looking very awesome.  

"May I ask which addon that is?"

It's the payware PA38 Tomahawk from Albeo..Fast becoming one of mt favorite "low and slow" aircraft..Teecee.

+1, Alabeo aircraft are becoming some of my favorite casual quick flight birds to fly and their textures look amazing.  

What's kind of "odd" is how LM currently have the lighting/shadows system set up in P3D. For me, on my machine, setting the cloud shadows at maximum draw distance gives better performance than the lowest setting, lol. My guess is that the cloud shadows were implemented fairly quickly and aren't "fully optimized" yet.

Awesome screenshot. It's great knowing there's actually people working on a *proper* flight simulation for us enthusiasts these days. Who better than Lockheed Martin, a company who is at the very tip of flight technology and software/hardware development.

With OrbX cranking out a product(s) on average once a month, it's a great time to be a flight simmer, sure is cheaper than real life. ;)

Looking good Teecee

Good stuff TeeCee. :)

And meaningful for me as my system crashed last night with an abrupt power outage. If the shop can get it functional again with my applications intact then all is well. If not and I am looking at rebuilding my sim environments from scratch again I may well invest a few hundred and move on the P3D. If you don't see me for a while that will be what is happening.

Beautiful shot BTW...

sorry to hear about your problems, hope its not to painful

ooking good

Archived