Its a...

amentiba

I love those birds. I was at RAF Wildenrath in Germany (father in the RAF) for a number of years where there was a squadron of Phantoms. I was apprenticing in a hanger right on the runway and we'd often get deafened when a whole squadron flew out. Absolutely incredible.

Additionally, I was told this awful (uncorroborated) tale once about the dangers of harmonic frequencies that involved Phantoms. Apparently, when the RAF first bought the Phantom, they slapped a different engine in it and started testing. At the same time at the dog compound on camp all of the dogs would go mental for periods of time. They looked like they were trying to get away from something. Tests were done on the dogs and found no problem. This continued for some time, and thinking that there was some undetectable brain disease in these dogs, they were destroyed. Later it was discovered that the new engine in the Phantoms was resonating with the airframe at just the frequency that would send dogs wild with pain. Changes were made to the Phantom to stop the harmonics, but sadly too late for the dogs.

Beautiful  f4e phantom shots amaentiba , how is it on frames and handling?

This is the Milviz's Phantom II early beta, actually very poor systems options, enought smooth on framerate, handling is not bad, as the aircraft reacts when i change the payload (nothing, fuel tank, missiles, bombs, gun pods, laser pod,...), we can already feel the new weight in flight, landing isn't so easy, a good management of the reactor is required (this is a personal opinion ;) )

Interresting story Paul, i didn't know this tale.

Many thanks all for your comments :)

Thanks all for your

This is the Milviz's Phantom II early beta, actually very poor systems options, enought smooth on framerate, handling is not bad, as the aircraft reacts when i change the payload (nothing, fuel tank, missiles, bombs, gun pods, laser pod,...), we can already feel the new weight in flight, landing isn't so easy, a good management of the reactor is required (this is a personal opinion ;) )

Interresting story Paul, i didn't know this tale.

Many thanks all for your comments :)

Thanks all for your

Thanks a lot amentiba!

Archived