'76 Hawk XP Repaint

Hey, BB - I feel like a right clot! I'm the one that approved the file on OZx yet forgot to download the damn' thing! Now remedied :lol:

@Capt Pugwash - thanks for the Accusim heads-up - I hadn't realised a new one was out. Looks like a fair bit has changed on the C172 at least ...

Adam.

Hey, BB - I feel like a right clot! I'm the one that approved the file on OZx yet forgot to download the damn' thing! Now remedied :lol:

@Capt Pugwash - thanks for the Accusim heads-up - I hadn't realised a new one was out. Looks like a fair bit has changed on the C172 at least ...

Adam.

Ha! Thanks for the approval - hope you enjoy it. And yes, it is a real-world aircraft. All of the interior and exterior work is based on reference photos that were available while it was for sale on Controller.com. It's not 100% accurate because I had to work with A2A's modern cockpit model. But it's dang close  ;D

Apparently there is a speed mod on the A2A forums that can make this fly more like a real Hawk XP. Probably worth finding.

Thanks for the kind words. I hope some of you are able to get some use out of this repaint (even though us A2A fans are too busy with the Cherokee now  ;D )

Well - since they also upgraded Accusim to 2.0 at the same time, so I've been using your C172 as the default when I try to do cold starts (no luck so far!). The A2A Cherokee is a beauty (in FSX terms) but it's not what I'd call an attractive aircraft - when compared to the C172.

I like to use local liveries, so when I'm in the USA or Canada yours gets used (exclusively!). When I'm back home in NZ I'm in any one of the Ardmore ones I did.

Adam.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had to take a few weeks' break from simming, but now that I'm back, I've discovered this one. It's simply stunning...  :wub:  The 3D illusion of the panel is beyond words. Thanks for this beauty!

Tym

PS. If you ever make an all-black panel that'd go with other interiors, do give us a shout ;)

Archived