OpenLC EU - four from Cyprus

Just four from the northern part of Cyprus. On the right-hand side of the first pic (in the background) you can see Nicosia and the plain to the north of it.

x1Vod.jpg

XGs8J.jpg

MXm4Q.jpg

Hiy.jpg

(Shots taken in FSX DX10 + FTX Global 1.2 + FTX Vector 1.15 + FSG2010 FTX)

Perfect set of shots Frank i appreciated it  ::)   Any chance to see some more from the South side?  (The North part is occupied byTurkey for the last 40 years >:( )

Just a little bit of nitpicking: D-ORBX is an invalid registration for that plane - a D-Oxxx denotes a hot air balloon or airship. That class of plane would be a D-Exxx (single engine piston below 2 tons MTOW).

Ok I'll shut up...

I am totally impressed :o

Orbx's Open LC is really the one link that has been missing until now.

And don't get me wrong, what we have with Global and Vector does look good already, but his is another game changer onto the next level.

@ Fritz: A first impression from a lower altitude might be some of Ian's shots from Turkey:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/78119-open-lc-eu-turkey/

Very impressive! From this distance the landclass is extremely good! How does it look like from a bushflyer distance?

If you fly from a bush flying distance, you must be interested in much more local product ( IMHO), Global, vector and Open LC  will cover the whole world in a very, very satisfying quality...but maybe at a higher altitude  ;)

I appreciate it that the team is taking all the time it needs to offer the highest quality (like John mentioned elsewhere), it truly shows. I don't care if I have to wait a long time as long as it continues to look like the stuff I've seen so far.

Keep up the excellent work guys!!!

I appreciate it that the team is taking all the time it needs to offer the highest quality (like John mentioned elsewhere), it truly shows. I don't care if I have to wait a long time as long as it continues to look like the stuff I've seen so far.

Keep up the excellent work guys!!!

+1

Just take the time and get it right.

That said, I certainly do appreciate these preview threads. Please keep that going.

+2 ::) (Partly green like this in winter months with lots of snow higher up the Troodos mountain range national park area but much drier with lots of sandstone terrain in abundance in summer, particularly in all low-lying and coastal areas. Google maps satellite images show it pretty well. Would be great to get a shot of Akrotiri RAF Air Station and other areas in the south like Paphos, Limassol, Larnaca and Agia Napa if you get a chance Frank. No worries if no time though. Looking good in general, though I only know the South from experience...never been further north than Nicossia. Bet you're really looking forward to having your home area looking more realistic Mikee! ::)

Thanks for your comments, they're very appreciated and helpful!

Small hint for landclass: Cyprus is green at winter and dry at summer.

+1 ::)

+2 ::) (Partly green like this in winter months with lots of snow higher up the Troodos mountain range national park area but much drier with lots of sandstone terrain in abundance in summer, particularly in all low-lying and coastal areas. Google maps satellite images show it pretty well. Would be great to get a shot of Akrotiri RAF Air Station and other areas in the south like Paphos, Limassol, Larnaca and Agia Napa if you get a chance Frank. No worries if no time though. Looking good in general, though I only know the South from experience...never been further north than Nicossia. Bet you're really looking forward to having your home area looking more realistic Mikee! ::)

RE mediterranean summer textures: Actually, all above pics should reflect the current situation (beginning of May). Please have a look at the shots #4, #6 and the middleground of #10 in this thread: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/78102-openlc-eu-turkey-between-troy-and-mount-ararat/?p=715135

The textures to be seen there are coloured similarly to those used for Cyprus and show the situation in July/August.

-----

RE bush-flying: These shots are taken at a higher altitude to show how much openLC enhances the general appearance and realism of the different landscapes and how much it minimises (if not eliminates) repitition. To get a feel of how it looks like at low altitudes, have also a look at the shots from Bordeaux and Antwerp by Iain. The textures for the whole area of openLC EU are of the same quality:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/77072-open-lc-merignac-bordeaux/?p=705060
http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/77155-open-lc-antwerp-shots/?p=705889

---

@Mike, Sid: It won't be long and we can show pics from the whole area covered by openLC EU.

---

Just a little bit of nitpicking: D-ORBX is an invalid registration for that plane - a D-Oxxx denotes a hot air balloon or airship. That class of plane would be a D-Exxx (single engine piston below 2 tons MTOW).

Ok I'll shut up...

Hehe.

You Bet i am 8)   Actually since 1974 (after the invasion) i haven't been to the North side >:(

Thanks for your comments, they're very appreciated and helpful!

RE mediterranean summer textures: Actually, all above pics should reflect the current situation (beginning of May). Please have a look at the shots #4, #6 and the middleground of #10 in this thread: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/78102-openlc-eu-turkey-between-troy-and-mount-ararat/?p=715135

The textures to be seen there are coloured similarly to those used for Cyprus and show the situation in July/August.

-----

RE bush-flying: These shots are taken at a higher altitude to show how much openLC enhances the general appearance and realism of the different landscapes and how much it minimises (if not eliminates) repitition. To get a feel of how it looks like at low altitudes, have also a look at the shots from Bordeaux and Antwerp by Iain. The textures for the whole area of openLC EU are of the same quality:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/77072-open-lc-merignac-bordeaux/?p=705060

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/77155-open-lc-antwerp-shots/?p=705889

---

@Mike, Sid: It won't be long and we can show pics from the whole area covered by openLC EU.

---

Hehe.

Thank you very much Frank , looking forward ::)

leMSF.jpg

Oh man, more beautiful shots....every region with those region focused textures....and just look at that small town...just awesome...so many variations of textures and objects in that cute little town, how on earth do you guys pull that off?

You got a talented team, that's all I can say, I hope you all stick together for a long time!

Oh Frank! ::)

You beaut! :D

Thanks for your earlier clarification regarding the seasons texrures for Cyprus and pointing us to those other screens in Turkey for better indication of Summer textures. Indeed, when I went over and looked at them, I thought, yes, that seems more like it.

But then, you posted these latest shots in the Larnaca area, and all Ithought was...YES ::)! THAT'S IT :D! NAILED IT MATE! :D

Those were just the kind of captures I was hoping to see in this region. They speak 'Cyprus' to me and even to the best test of all, that is Mikee, and they're just perfect mate. Team's done good! Very good! Thank you for these latest shots...They make all the difference and truly convince and bring the environment of Cyprus alive and back to memory ::)

As you say Frank, looking forward to seeing those other shots in this region as they become available...in your own time of course! ::) I am pretty confident they will please now! The most evident and truly satisfying factor from all the shots of Open LC Europe that you guys have been kind enough to bring us, as zamb touched upon above, is the fact that every area has been given its own true love with no compromise for any one region/country and with the same attention to LOCAL detail and the same level of high quality texture work and placement to create a truly and realistically diverse European continent which simply entices exploration and discovery and broadens all our horizons ::)! Can't thank you all enough for achieving this factor so successfully and with such amazing blending and near-removal of texture repetition, even from higher altitudes!

This is shaping up to be one UNIQUE product, in every sense of the word!

Cheers very much Frank! ::)

Sid

Oh Frank! ::)

You beaut! :D

Thanks for your earlier clarification regarding the seasons texrures for Cyprus and pointing us to those other screens in Turkey for better indication of Summer textures. Indeed, when I went over and looked at them, I thought, yes, that seems more like it.

But then, you posted these latest shots in the Larnaca area, and all Ithought was...YES ::)! THAT'S IT :D! NAILED IT MATE! :D

Those were just the kind of captures I was hoping to see in this region. They speak 'Cyprus' to me and even to the best test of all, that is Mikee, and they're just perfect mate. Team's done good! Very good! Thank you for these latest shots...They make all the difference and truly convince and bring the environment of Cyprus alive and back to memory ::)

As you say Frank, looking forward to seeing those other shots in this region as they become available...in your own time of course! ::) I am pretty confident they will please now! The most evident and truly satisfying factor from all the shots of Open LC Europe that you guys have been kind enough to bring us, as zamb touched upon above, is the fact that every area has been given its own true love with no compromise for any one region/country and with the same attention to LOCAL detail and the same level of high quality texture work and placement to create a truly and realistically diverse European continent which simply entices exploration and discovery and broadens all our horizons ::)! Can't thank you all enough for achieving this factor so successfully and with such amazing blending and near-removal of texture repetition, even from higher altitudes!

This is shaping up to be one UNIQUE product, in every sense of the word!

Cheers very much Frank! ::)

Sid

Hello my friend , i can only confirm that this is " Cyprus "  with all its Glory , thanks to the Orbx team!  (Hope will see some more shots from the rest of the island).  I am looking forward for the release of such a wonderful product , not only for Cyprus but for the whole world !

Hello my friend , i can only confirm that this is " Cyprus "  with all its Glory , thanks to the Orbx team!  (Hope will see some more shots from the rest of the island).  I am looking forward for the release of such a wonderful product , not only for Cyprus but for the whole world !

No worries Mikee :D

The Team is working/testing to the max to get this ready 8)

@ Mikee: Hello my friend (Sorry I can't add your quotes as my 'Quote' button and paste buttons don't seem to be working for some reason, but yes...Its really great to know that Cyprus has indeed passed the 'Mikee' test with flying colours and, like you, I simply really look forward in anticipation to exploring each and every corner of the magnificently realistic and accurately textured, 'autogened', 'vectored' and 'landclassed' countries and landscapes of the entire world. Looks like its shaping up to be a real treat...Really looking forward to perhaps getting a glimpse of the rest of the Mediterranean and Alpine regions of Europe next...Exciting and yet again transformational days indeed, courtesy of Orbx  ::) ::)::) Take care for now and all the best my friend ,

Sid ::)

@ Ridinroun: I'm sure you're not wrong there...it'll be an entirely new Europe...what a start to Open LC indeed! ::)

@ Mikee: Hello my friend (Sorry I can't add your quotes as my 'Quote' button and paste buttons don't seem to be working for some reason, but yes...Its really great to know that Cyprus has indeed passed the 'Mikee' test with flying colours and, like you, I simply really look forward in anticipation to exploring each and every corner of the magnificently realistic and accurately textured, 'autogened', 'vectored' and 'landclassed' countries and landscapes of the entire world. Looks like its shaping up to be a real treat...Really looking forward to perhaps getting a glimpse of the rest of the Mediterranean and Alpine regions of Europe next...Exciting and yet again transformational days indeed, courtesy of Orbx  ::) ::)::) Take care for now and all the best my friend ,

Sid ::)

@ Ridinroun: I'm sure you're not wrong there...it'll be an entirely new Europe...what a start to Open LC indeed! ::)

Hello Sid my friend , what can i say , first Ftx global , then Ftx vector and now Open LC Europe....I am very happy and excited , finally Cyprus will be a Great  (vfr)  place to fly thanks to John Venema and orbx Team ::)

I am sure Europe and the rest of the world , will be , and look fantastic 8)

Take care and happy flying !!!

Archived