where are we all from?

miloguy

I am proud (snow and all) of being a native son of "The True North Strong and Free!"

Born on Prince Edward Island (home of Ann Shirley of Green Gables) then moved as a kid to the Province of Nova Scotia followed by four years on "The Rock",  the former independent Dominion of Newfoundland.

As a teen I worked summers in Ontario, then as an adult studied in Manitoba, worked and lived in the Province of Alberta for 30 years, and spent the last dozen or so years in the Province of New Brunswick...

...all of Her Majesty's Great Dominion of Canada.

Born and bred Christchurch NZ.

Left when I was 33 and settled Brisbane Australia.

Great place,but the older I get I miss home..would love to go back and retire in South Island of NZ

Got a while to work though..only 53 !!!

Down the road from Stu!

Living the dream in YBBN town, my girl and my FSX.

ohhhh yeah.......

Arkansas, USA.  Retired school teacher/administrator.  Raised on a crop dusting strip. Father flew converted Stearman biplanes. Never got license myself, went to college, got married taught school. Now most of my flying is in FSX. ORBX has made FSX much more entertaining for me. Various online forums, including this one, with all the cooperation and friendship shown from people all over the world makes me sometimes think there may be hope for the future yet!

Hello everyone. Greetings from "The Valley of the Sun" Phoenix, Arizona. Specifically Mesa a suburb of Phoenix. Grew up near Chicago close to KMDW. Spent 5 years in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I've bee in the Phoenix area for 31 yers. Worked for America West Airlines and the merger with US Airways for 25 years. Now I'm retired.

KFFZ Falcon Field is the closest airport.

Mineral Wells Texas.

Local airport KMWL

Check it out, and look at the east side of the airport at the huge heli-pad.

We (airport and Camp Wolters) used to be the largest primary helicopter training site, if you, you're Dad' or Grand Pa was a helicopter pilot in the military up until the early '70's they most likely trained here.

Audie Murphy trained here, wasn't always helicopters, and we used to house German POW here during the 2nd WW.

Born in Edinburgh, Scotland.  Did three years of secondary school there then became a junior at Wheat Ridge High School, Colorado - quite a switch.  The USAF ordered me to Alaska so I spent the next forty years (on and off) up there.  Retirement took me to Florida (wrong turn?) but am back now in Washington and never moving again.

Born and raised in Hull (correctly pronounced, 'Ull ;) ), East Yorkshire, England.

Moved to Richland WA in the USA about 5 years ago and since then have been bouncing around the states... Spent time in Ft. Lauderdale and Tampa Florida, Redding California, Portland Oregon, Dulles West Virginia and now finally back in Richland on a permanent basis... Though my job is based out of Spokane WA ;)

Local airport would be Pasco Tri-Cities (KPSC) but I work out of Spokane International (KGEG)

Brad, next time you see one of those shiny Horizon Q400s departing GEG, it might be me ;)

Born and raised in Hull (correctly pronounced, 'Ull ;) ), East Yorkshire, England.

Moved to Richland WA in the USA about 5 years ago and since then have been bouncing around the states... Spent time in Ft. Lauderdale and Tampa Florida, Redding California, Portland Oregon, Dulles West Virginia and now finally back in Richland on a permanent basis... Though my job is based out of Spokane WA ;)

Local airport would be Pasco Tri-Cities (KPSC) but I work out of Spokane International (KGEG)

Brad, next time you see one of those shiny Horizon Q400s departing GEG, it might be me ;)

You go right over our house on the northwest side of town when you set up for RWY 21 , next time I will wave . :smile: :smile:

Brad

Born and bred Christchurch, NZ. lived in Browns Plains, OLD for a few years, then moved back to CHC. Left after 2011 Earthquake, as our house sunk and fell over. Now living under the approach to NZDN, in a little village called Mosgiel. Just 15k's south of the Scottish city Dunedin (Gaelic for Little Edinburgh ). And the birds fly backwards, and cold as hell in the winter, but we like it.

Born in Inverness Scotland on 07 07 1959, my Dad who was in the RAF then took our family on a whirlwind of tours that mostly lasted 3 years each, mostly UK ... but 3 years in Cyprus and a couple of tours later 3 years in West Germany at Wildenrath with the GR1 Harriers in the cold war when I was 13 to 16 years old, that period really tought me a lot about Girls and Aircraft! I'd sometimes get on base to see even crashed Harrier GR1 wreckage close up ... cant imagine that happening these days post 9/11? The teenage disco's that were organised were great too.

Then back to UK and NE Scotland at former RAF Kinloss, his last settle down tour so it was decided to settle in nearby Elgin in 76/77 ish ... and apart from damning myself for not joining the RAF too ... am glad I did not join now, the real friends I've made here in a different job/industry of my own making and never before are my strongest longest lasting friends ever ... Mostly Bikers, but thats another story.

Obviously I've found my passion for aviation again since being a Biker rebel, did try some solo flying in a Piper Warrior III but for disability reasons could not continue, but simulation goes a long way these days ... and I'm glad to support any company that shares my vision for accurate Civilian based flight simulation.

Born and raised in Dunfermline, Scotland.

In the county of Fife on North shore of the Forth River - about 10 miles north of Edinburgh ( airport EGPH :D )

Wfm_db_forth_bridges.jpg

And near Knockhill racing circuit too! you lucky bugger :) I once asked Scotflight to do that track for their scenery and they obliged ... many a sesh we had in Dunfermline while down at Knockhill from up North!

Knockhill is a good 4 hour drag from up here, despite the distance ... one of my friends Les Thomson went on to be 600cc Scottish champ a few years running

Born in Frankfurt, then dragged by my parents to the US (Charlotte, NC), Ghana (Accra), Indonesia (Bandung) and back to Germany (just outside of Frankfurt). I'm now living in Freiburg (since 1993), right down in the southwestern most part of Germany, 20 minutes drive from the French boder and about 45 minutes away from Switzerland.

We have an interesting GA field here - and a Warbird nest at Bremgarten (check them out at www.meiermotors.com) which provides for a great variety in planes that I can see here in the skies.

Cheers

Mallard

I was born in an ambulance on the Hay River bridge in N.W.T. Canada, coming from a small town that no longer exists.........now live in Edmonton AB. Canada.

Very cool thread by the way, really enjoying this one.

I am where ever the USCG tosses me lol. At current Texas Sector assigned Corpus Christi TX and MUGM NAS Cuba . Before that in service to the RCAF assigned Yellowknife 440sq under the direction of the Prime Minister's Authority.

I live on the North Shore of Auckland, New Zealand but also spend a lot of time down in Wellington (Lower Hutt specifically) where I was born and the head office for our family business is...this means I visit NZAA and NZWN often!

I'm not a big forum poster but an avid reader and a very dedicated follower of the screenshot section :)

Here goes, Born in Manchester,home of the worlds finest football team (United),As a young kid lived in and around the county of Cheshire.

Early twenties "emigrated" lol to Scotland via Kirriemuir and then up to the Highlands in Nairn.Great fun watching the jets and Nimrods flying in and around RAF Lossiemouth and Kinloss

Repatriated back to England, now back in Cheshire close to Woodford and Manchester Airports. Occasional trips to the viewing park at EGCC 

Gary

Here goes, Born in Manchester,home of the worlds finest football team (United),As a young kid lived in and around the county of Cheshire.

Early twenties "emigrated" lol to Scotland via Kirriemuir and then up to the Highlands in Nairn.Great fun watching the jets and Nimrods flying in and around RAF Lossiemouth and Kinloss

Repatriated back to England, now back in Cheshire close to Woodford and Manchester Airports. Occasional trips to the viewing park at EGCC 

Gary

Geez Gary when you said greatest football team from Manchester I quivered. I have two mates who emigrated from the UK who I introduced to each other- one a United supporter and one a City supporter, give them a few lagers and it's WW3! It's quite nice in the off season - they actually enjoy each other's company then ( I'm sure it's all for show) :)

Rob, I would imagine your Yorkshire accent has not left you, how do you go being understood by the US ATC ? :):)

Yeah I can see the fun there Graeme,its all good clean fun,as long as you say it's the off season.But come season time well no quarter asked none given ...lol.

Truth be told I've not been to the ground for a good few years,the way ticket prices have gone up I would need a second mortgage. Anyway I digress I spend too much time and money sim flying these days.

Cheers mate 

Gary

Rob, I would imagine your Yorkshire accent has not left you, how do you go being understood by the US ATC ? :):)

You're not wrong ;)

One of the first things I had to do when I moved over here was soften the accent up a little in public... Most people couldn't understand what I was saying (they would politely nod then look puzzled at my wife ;) )...

Even with my "eloqution adjustments" it's still there though (the faces I get when I'm on the phone with my mum (or should I say "me mam" ;) ) are often priceless!)

G'day, bout time I said hi...  Live in Sydney NSW. Been in and out of this forum for a few years and learning heaps. The knowledge I get from here has really made my flight sim so much more enjoyable. Thanks all.

love the footy banter guys!  my dad was from West Yorkshire, 

he went for  Manchester United , but I think as he was emigrated here (australia) at a young

age he didn't keep his accent, although I'm told his father had a strong accent..  ^-^ 

I'm sorry for your loss. I try not to think about it. I watched my dad die about ten years ago. I was closer to my mom.

After a major heart attack and two broken legs (same leg - the hardware failed), she seems to finally be getting stronger and gaining confidence in walking.

It would help if her favorite pastime wasn't making sure the couch didn't blow away...while watching baseball :) but I sit around playing flight simulator so who am I to talk?

Good job, I lived with my Mom for her last two years, and miss her so much.

A truly amazing thread. All you guys are coming out with very personal and private details.

This is truly a sign of trust in your fellow simmers. What a great community.

Me?  Born in Holland in '46 ,emigrated with my parents in 1954 to Perth West Australia.

Joined the Royal Australian Navy on the night the Voyager was sunk by the aircraft carrier

Melbourne. Started my career as an aircraft firefighter, but severe smoke inhalation, turned

to asthma and so finished that career path.

Started my own band in 1970 and have been a professional musician ever since, having

moved to Sydney and toured all over the country and South Pacific and worked for

Princes Cruises on their Alaskan trips in 1999 and 2000. Now I have semi-retired to

Devonport in Tasmania. Still recording at home and doing some gigs. Have curtailed

my Flight simming a bit because recording is still a passion as well.

A truly amazing thread. All you guys are coming out with very personal and private details.

This is truly a sign of trust in your fellow simmers. What a great community.

Me?  Born in Holland in '46 ,emigrated with my parents in 1954 to Perth West Australia.

Joined the Royal Australian Navy on the night the Voyager was sunk by the aircraft carrier

Melbourne. Started my career as an aircraft firefighter, but severe smoke inhalation, turned

to asthma and so finished that career path.

Started my own band in 1970 and have been a professional musician ever since, having

moved to Sydney and toured all over the country and South Pacific and worked for

Princes Cruises on their Alaskan trips in 1999 and 2000. Now I have semi-retired to

Devonport in Tasmania. Still recording at home and doing some gigs. Have curtailed

my Flight simming a bit because recording is still a passion as well.

A life lived very charmingly!  ^_^

Cheers,

Archived