East Midlands to Hadrian´s Wall

Stillwater

As you can guess from the ground texture colours, this flight was already done in February - meaning FTX winter in England. 

Ratcliff-on-Sour power plant - a landmark from the ground, as well as from the air:

VrLsE.jpg

The industrial area below my belly is a tobacco facility - and the unused fields next to it are the former area of Boots Pharmaceutical Company - nowadays just a parking area. Ibuprofen was invented there, and produced from the 1960s until the 1990s. For the interested...: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibuprofen).

Eqai4.jpg

Nottingham city. I was not able to spot the Sheriff´s castle, and - even worse - ye olde trip to Jerusalem was also missing. "Ye Olde Trip To Jerusalem in Nottingham is one of the 20 public houses which claim to be the oldest drinking establishment in England. Its painted sign states that it was established in 1189 AD. The Trip (as it is known locally) is at the foot of Castle Rock in Nottingham's City Centre. According to local legend it takes its name from the 12th Century Crusades to the Holy Land: legend has it that knights who answered the calls of Richard I to join the crusades stopped off at this watering hole for a pint on their way to Jerusalem." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ye_Olde_Trip_To_Jerusalem

One more tip: If you are hungry, think of Mogal-E-Azam, 7-9 Goldsmith Street... http://www.mogal-e-azam.com/

L0Tzt.jpg

Manchester, shown very well with its arena...:

jpOax.jpg

Liverpool. The 2nd shot will become a support request, I do not know if the black houses are a DX10 issue (yes, I run Steve´s payware fixer).

3fH2.jpg

F3s2j.jpg

Fantastic waves just a bit further north. As mentioned, there is light & shadow in the ENG scenery...

TQsx1.jpg

Look at the rivers & coastline - good work.

Pdh3A.jpg

Ege9Y.jpg

Sellafield. I do not have a Geiger counter on board...

PsLf.jpg

drP8Z.jpg

Why do they need nuclear energy, when there is so much wind around? At least the started farming now, to be observed on final to Carlisle (which will be the starting shot of my next post....).

OvY3h.jpg

4f6xQ.jpg

Well Gerold, I am Nottingham born & bred, I always take my international customers for a pint in " The Trip" :) last guy from New York was stunned by the pub and Castle, and all the Robin Hood statues...

Within The Trip to Jerusalem There is a cursed Model Gallion ship in a case there and if you touch it you apparently die an untimely death!

Last guy that touched that model ship got ran over by a bus days after !!!

Great shots by the way, next time you fly into EGNX, we must take a beer at this pub :)

Beautiful shots Gerold! Not very typical weather for England. :)

At least I am happy it allows to see a bit of the landscape. I usually fly with either REX or FSX "real" weather.

Well Gerold, I am Nottingham born & bred, I always take my international customers for a pint in " The Trip" :) last guy from New York was stunned by the pub and Castle, and all the Robin Hood statues...

Within The Trip to Jerusalem There is a cursed Model Gallion ship in a case there and if you touch it you apparently die an untimely death!

Last guy that touched that model ship got ran over by a bus days after !!!

Great shots by the way, next time you fly into EGNX, we must take a beer at this pub :)

Captain, it is fantastic to meet a Nottsman over here. Actually my ways do not drive me to your city, but who knows... The trip would always be worth the trip. I did not touch the cursed ship, of course (otherwise I wouldn´t be able to be here...).

Nice to have informative texts with great shots. Thank you!

Great shots :)

And I agree about the light and shadow thing, at least if compared to masterpieces like SAK or PNW or...

Still many things are very well done and look very convincing.

+1!

Some fine shots.

cheers

Iain

What a great post , informative with great captures of the English countryside . :smile: :smile:

Cheers

Brad

Thank you all for watching & commenting!

Gerold - I don't think this is a support issue (!):

liverpool_1280.jpg

F3s2j.jpg

I don't have FTX Global - only FTX ENG, running the DX10 fixer with the slider set all the way for *aircraft* (there's a new version imminent, BTW).

I'd say you may have an old ORBX LIBS running <??>.

Another thought - my pic was taken 7th March - which is probably UK/MSFS spring. I ought to try set my time/date back to UK winter - or you could try again now and see what you get. There may be textures missing for winter (though I didn't think seasonal changes affect buildings).

Best of luck!

Adam.

Smashing shots Gerold!

And as always - a very informative and great narrative to it all. A real great read all the way!

GREAT!!!!!

I also remain confident, that the "black square" issue will be sorted to, although as by now i have no clue why they are here.

Please keep us updated if these black squares are also around under different situations, just as also mentioned by Adam above in #10.

Gerold - I don't think this is a support issue (!):

I don't have FTX Global - only FTX ENG, running the DX10 fixer with the slider set all the way for *aircraft* (there's a new version imminent, BTW).

I'd say you may have an old ORBX LIBS running <??>.

Another thought - my pic was taken 7th March - which is probably UK/MSFS spring. I ought to try set my time/date back to UK winter - or you could try again now and see what you get. There may be textures missing for winter (though I didn't think seasonal changes affect buildings).

Best of luck!

Adam.

Smashing shots Gerold!

And as always - a very informative and great narrative to it all. A real great read all the way!

GREAT!!!!!

I also remain confident, that the "black square" issue will be sorted to, although as by now i have no clue why they are here.

Please keep us updated if these black squares are also around under different situations, just as also mentioned by Adam above in #10.

Further to my previous post, I set my season to winter and got an identical shot (but with snow & black trees etc.). All the buildings were fine.

So ... I stick with theory #1 ... ORBX Libraries update ;)

Adam.

Issue solved: I had some old (before 2012) scenery add-ons active, which were interfering with FTX ENG. Deactivated the old stuff, and it works! Thanks for your thoughts & flight action, mates!

Nice shots, been to the Trip for a pint, it beats my local as it only started out in 1634  ^-^

Hope the personnel is not the original one from the opening...

Archived