Coming soon! can you guess where?

Hi everyone,

These shots are from an airport currently in alpha development, the runway is located in a very scenic place and the scenery has an extensive photoreal coverage area. Can you guess which airfield this is? Hint: It's in the Pacific Northwest :)

S0XR3.jpg

Srb2f.jpg

lB2Mh.jpg

Cheers

I think you are right. The last photo gives it away I think.

Yes, it's pretty distinctive.

The third shot also shows how close the trees are to the runway.  I've done some touch and goes there and the trees always felt close and really tall. 

Looks like Misha is doing a great job on it :)

Should be a fun field.

Hi All,

Thanks for the nice comments! Yes, all who guessed 11S Sekiu airport are correct, it is far into development now and I anticipate a release some time in February. In a couple of days time I will post up a proper intro topic, showing the coverage area and other info :)

Cheers

Hi All,

Thanks for the nice comments! Yes, all who guessed 11S Sekiu airport are correct, it is far into development now and I anticipate a release some time in February. In a couple of days time I will post up a proper intro topic, showing the coverage area and other info :)

Cheers

Cool, Im a big fan of your sceneries, may I ask very offtopic though, have you considered converting you sceneries you released under MCA Designs banner for P3Dv2? That would be awsome 8)

Will the airport be P3D2 ready whe you release it or will it be FSX/P3D 1.4 only?

Unfortunately that entirely depends on when ObjectFlow will be ready and compatible with P3D V2. Since ObjectFlow isn't an internal development and is done by a third party, it's taking a little longer than expected, but fingers crossed it will be ready soon enough and our airports will be able to operate in P3d V2.

From the A/FD:

Deer on and in vicinity of arpt Sep-Mar.  High ridge along N side or rwy.  Turbulence on E end apch over water.  Difficult apch when wind from N.  PPR for other than sngle engine acft, call arpt manager.  Woo-hoo!

And oh my, that's what I call a displaced threshold.  Looks like great fun!

Scott

I am not sure how much of the area outside of the airport you will include Misha , but just east and below the airstrip is Sekiu Harbor . It is famous for

it's sport salmon fishing : http://www.sekiu.com/ . Possibly you could render the harbor with docks and sport fishing boats ?? .

Brad

Yes, the docks are rendered, and it extends much further than that :) All will be revealed in the official announcement soon.

This looks great Misha!  Will make a nice base for exploring the Olympic peninsula 8)   This is one of the beautiful parts of the world that I have never been in real-life but that Orbx makes me put onto my to-do list!

In that last shot - better check the wingspans on my birds, those fir trees look a little close for comfort :o :o :o

BTW, it looks like they've recently cleared a large group of trees to the north of the runway (on the right behind the hangars in shot #2). You can still see them in older satellite images (e.g. on Bing Maps), but they're gone in the latest imagery and in the above video (which appears to be very recent).

Tym

From the A/FD:

Deer on and in vicinity of arpt Sep-Mar.  High ridge along N side or rwy.  Turbulence on E end apch over water.  Difficult apch when wind from N.  PPR for other than sngle engine acft, call arpt manager.  Woo-hoo!

And if you would be kind enough to send that weather effects data too Pilot's so we could get the turbulence implemented in FSGRW, that would make this airport really complete 8). fsgrw@fly2pilots.com

And if you would be kind enough to send that weather effects data too Pilot's so we could get the turbulence implemented in FSGRW, that would make this airport really complete 8). fsgrw@fly2pilots.com

As I'm not an FSGRW customer, it would probably be best if someone who was made the request.  The info is straight out of the FAA's A/FD (Airport/Facilities Directory), so anyone can access it and pass it along.  See, for example: http://aeronav.faa.gov/index.asp?xml=aeronav/applications/d_afd

Hope that helps,

Scott

Archived