Which country would you like Orbx to do next?

John Venema

We'd like some feedback on which countries after AU Orbx should do:  

806 members have voted

1. 1. We'd like some feedback on which countries after AU Orbx should do:

• New Zealand
    • Asia
    • South America
    • Pacific Islands
    • Europe
    • Rest of USA/Canada, excluding PNW Region
    • Other, please specific in your post

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New Zealand for sure!  As others have commented, other parts of the world have been covered by competition.  I have England covered by 'Real Scenery' and USA (10m mesh) and world (76m mesh) coverage by FSGenesis.  But would love to fly NZ in NZDARKBLUE.

Next on my list would be the Papua New Guinea, South Pacific, Indonesia

Also thanks to Tom T for his great Airports GMAP.

Wow, Europe has taken a commanding lead in this exercise...

Well Orbx guys, any closer to a decision that you can share with us  :o

Cheers and all the best.

The poles and no I don't mean the polish, I mean the Artic and Antarctic regions

Quite like the idea of landing at some remote weather station in Canada's far north to re-supply my virtual buddies in extreme conditions.

I understand this is limited as satellite imagery is hard to come by for anything more than 60 degree's north or south, I may be wrong!

Not much in the way of textures to speak of, so imagine how smoothly it would run, even on old PCs.

With nothing but snow to look at, it may sound boring, but Antarctica is home to some of the driest places on earth with absolutely no snow. Huge amount to see, Iceland, Greenland, Siberia and northern Canada.

Just an Idea, otherwise NZ gets my vote.

Hi!

This may be a crazy idea, but here it is: make decision by random and develop countrywise. Collect all countries in a database and run a random generator. Treat US states and Canadian provinces as seperate countries. Extreme big countries like Russia, China could be splitted into say 4 regions. Extreme small countries (Andorra, Liechtenstein,..) could be included by the country they surround them. It would be very fun to find out what country comes next. And it would be very educational, cause we would learn about (and fly over) countries many of us never even heard about. 

Sorry if this sounds stupid

Best wishes

Walter

Although living in Europe, any other region especially Asia and South America would be fine for me.

Another suggestion would be to take that part of the world, from where you already have most of the needed data and easiest access to the data you still need. Otherwise it might take too lang to build a new product.

Otto

Indonesia!

It's a beautiful country that can be done one major island at a time beginning with Java and Bali. FSX Global 2008 has really helped the terrain to stand out properly in FSX but now we need better landclass for the country.

yeah Asia, with focus on Indonesia, all those tiny islands and the volcanos !! Someone did some good mesh and terrain and airport for Bali in FS 2004....sadly I lost it when I upgraded to FSX, Broome to Bali was always a good flight.

Also Hawaii...again towering cliffs, volcano's , beaches and water. Its great to just island hop in a Bombadier or the like. They had a bunch for 2004 again...shame I lost them in FSX

• 2 weeks later...

I guess the big areas that have been neglected by the major developers, at least from my point of view, have been Asia, Africa and South America.  All these areas have some beautiful scenery and very diverse land types.  While I originally voted for New Zealand, and would still love that to be done first, I think the next areas that I would like to see would be Africa and Asia.

Hello John,

My choice is Asia.

Here's why:

By default FSX uses very similar textures for Asia as for the western world, even though most places in Asia have their very own unique beauty.

I would be thrilled if you decide doing Asia, and I know others who would too.

I really love your company! Wish I could work for you.

PNG would be fantastic.

There are some really challenging airstrips,

rugged mountains and spectacular valleys,

a limited number of towns, and

a good destination for a flight from Oz.

There is likely to be little competition from other scenery producers, unlike the USA and Europe which seem to get new photoscenery every day.

How about doing the "dark continent" - Africa. Holger did at one stage did a wonderful job with Namibia. I'd like to see something in the quality of FTX of this beautiful country - it's got a lot of desert, but very beuatiful scenery, as anybody who has visited that country can vouch for.

Namibia it is!!!! ;)

Although I'd love to see you do a version of Britain to the same standard as you've done Au Blue, I rather like the idea of making New Zealand your second project. It wouldn't do their tourist industry any harm either!!

• 2 weeks later...

NZ - PNG - SE Asia - India - Africa - MiddleEast -then AUS again when FSXI comes out

Europe and USA and Japan are saturated with good scenery packs IMO

Edit* however i did grow up in Ireland and....I went there with default fsx and its crap infact i am trapped in AUS now untill FTX hurry and make rest of world "wink wink nudge nudge"

Archived