Which country would you like Orbx to do next?

John Venema

We'd like some feedback on which countries after AU Orbx should do:  

806 members have voted

1. 1. We'd like some feedback on which countries after AU Orbx should do:

• New Zealand
    • Asia
    • South America
    • Pacific Islands
    • Europe
    • Rest of USA/Canada, excluding PNW Region
    • Other, please specific in your post

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My vote went too New Zealand I consider that part of Oz and with that country done it will give us a great addon allot quicker to get into the mountains in my opinion. Look at all the other developers they couldn't careless about Australia so why not place your resources into countries surrounding OZ and move out toward the others. I know from a business point of view America or Europe would make sense to do next but my opinion is service Australians and surrounding countries first. America and Europe are all ready covered in detail and continue to be upgraded but not our neck of the wood...........

I voted for Asia,  well SE Asia

The Philippines is a really interesting place to fly around, here's why:- 

• Perfect for VFR and tropical "bush" flying.
  • 7107 islands! (although only 500 are larger than 1sq km)
  • Many volcano's.  Check out the perfectly cone shaped Mayon Volcano near Legazpi airport http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/60/Runway.jpg/180px-Runway.jpg
  • Lots of historic (WWII) interest including Subic Bay, Corregidor, Clark Field, Leyte Gulf
  • Manila, mega city (10 million) and one of the worlds most densely populated, don't forget to do Shanty/Slum autogen
  • Boracay Island
  • Tropical weather (great with Active Sky etc)
  • Some great airports including Manila, Baguio, Caticlan, Subic Bay, Clark, Davao, Cebu City, Legazpi
  • Lots of ship/boat traffic (especially Manila bay)

And lets not forget Thailand, Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam!

Happy to be a beta tester! :)

After Australia i would like New Zealand :Asia:Pacific Islands:Arab States then the rest.

USA/Canada:South America:Europe and the UK have got lots of scenery to pick from,down here nothing to speak of.

Tuff call JohnV....Got to keep the people happy::::Got to make a profit.

I am with you,which ever way you go.

JohnV and his Team,a big thank you.

Cheers....

JohnG....

Being based in Northern Italy, I choose Europe. I am really looking forward to see how my homecountry looks with my new-buy FSGlobal2008 and your exellent work. But, being a fan of big irons and long haul flights, I just want to be sure that you will complete the whole world sooner or later!

John,

I really think Aisa would be the best option. Simply because not many sceneries are dedicated for these regions, and there are heaps of people just drooling over this. Plus it is suitable as there are heaps of international airfields but only short hops. And off course the diversity of the region as well.

Arwin

I would love to see the rest of the US built.  There are many beautiful areas that could be very well depicted by FTX, plus many sales would come from the development of FTX-US, which would allow for a profitable situation to continue development of the rest of the world.  My second choice, however, would be New Zealand, which includes many interesting and beautiful areas.

I'd say either asia or new zealand. Unfortunately though, the main client base for asia would be citizens there, and I know from experience (at least the time I lived in indo), that its impossible to buy legal software there. That being said, Asia would offer the best scenary for joyflights (I know in indonesia for instance, you can walk across the road almost from your average house and you are walking into a village, and then across the road from that are rice paddies).

That being said, I do get the distinct feeling that new zealand would be a really popular pack, because it too is quite interesting, and close to Australia. If you are a training pilot, and are using this in a proper flight simulator, for cross country training, its most likely that you would want a NZ and Australia pack, then a Australia and US pack (because, I may be wrong, but I believe that USA doesn't even use the same comms procedures?). So NZ+Aus would be better to train.

Both of these would allow cross country flying easily. Its rare for Australian's to make flights to USA. But that being said, I know that the USA pack would likely be the best choice as a company. I probably wouldn't purchase it as America doesn't have much to offer in terms of scenary (Canada would be better I feel). But considering my fingers are shaking as a VFR learner here in aus, I know that any other American would be shaking in ecstacy at the thought of having high res scenery.

I agree with the guys who want places like New Zealand, the Phillipines etc and their point that there's plenty of stuff for US/Europe. A lot of Freeware stuff will probably be made too. Eventually...

Before VOZ I had never even once flown in Australia - now I fly there every week. The level of interest is so high people will buy whatever you make.

New Zealand is the logical next choice, then perhaps Indonesia, the Philippines and the Pacific Islands. But make stuff that you feel inspired to do! The driving force behind VOZ and FTX Aus is your love for your homeland...that's why the detail is so awesome. As you expand, do the places that interest you most - keep it fun for you, and we'll all benifit!! :)

Good luck!!

Krigl

allways beeing the odd egg in the basket here ;D

Alltough I can relate that NZ or Asia would be the "logical" next choice, I voted for South America.............. ::)

Why will you say?

Well I think it's one of the most underrated areas when it comes to flightsimming and be aware that there are very large flightsim communities out there in Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Venezuela to name a few, I think FTX could make a big impact with that as apparantly others haven't ventured there ................... yet ;)

OK ok I'm a kiwi! So you already know which country im voting for!  Americans are filming hear on a daily basis now for one reason. Our landscape.

Plains, mountains, bays, islands, beaches, valleys, highlands, lowlands, big, small and medium sized cities. No long boring journeys for where ever you decide to fly to.

North island provides flatter land with hundreds of islands and interesting coastlines, a variation of weather from beautiful sunshine days through to fog, rain and snow.

Wellington city a challenge, Auckland nice and easy to fly into.

The South Island, a myriad of valleys to fly through for the adventurers, lakes for the float planes, mountains for the guys who love to look for somewhere to land with their Maule. If you are tired of moutains then you can hit the Plains all along the east coast.

Both islands are great for gliders, airports range from easy to oh my god, can i really land there, PULL UP PULL UP!!!

A full range for all flyers to enjoy.

New Zealand would also be a manageable sized project compared to our brothers over the ditch (Australia).

.....o.k kiwibarguy you can sit down now. ;D

Kiwibarguy: stop teasing me with that description of your gorgeous country! ;)

Kiwibarguy: stop teasing me with that description of your gorgeous country! ;)

Trouble is now with FTX showing so much detail that gorgeous description will wilt when a never ending presence when doing low level flying over the mountain and cliff tops of NZ. Kiwi Ollie's perched high on the cliffs with the back legs of sheep wedged firmly in there welly boots yodeling.....

I've been busted with FTX

Who-hoo, hoo hoo, hoo hoo

I diddled the old lady

I diddled the old lady

I diddled the old lady

I diddled her, Who-hoo

Bloody FTX Who-hoo

FTX Who-hoo

;) ;) ;) ;) ;)  ;D

there are many things already on New Zealand you don't need that at the moment but Asia has been extremely ignored i would like to see stuff done on sri lanka and india nothing ever is done on those country's they have so much landscape and it would be so amazing to fly in those area's with great detail.

there are many things already on New Zealand you don't need that at the moment but Asia has been extremely ignored i would like to see stuff done on sri lanka and india nothing ever is done on those country's they have so much landscape and it would be so amazing to fly in those area's with great detail.

That's a fair call that one and I wouldn't mind seeing that area done and the Himalayas.  ;D

Watching the poll results for the last couple of weeks especially the NZ results reminded me of the runup to the last federal election...  44% and holding, sometines a percent down, sometimes a percent up, but altogether a remarkably consistent performance  ;D  ;D  ;D 

I voted ages ago for New Zealand, but never made a comment.

Having read other peoples comments, I agree with:

krigl . who said....

New Zealand is the logical next choice, then perhaps Indonesia, the Philippines and the Pacific Islands. But make stuff that you feel inspired to do! The driving force behind VOZ and FTX Aus is your love for your homeland...that's why the detail is so awesome. As you expand, do the places that interest you most - keep it fun for you, and we'll all benifit!!

Best regards,

Paul.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived