[Global - Airport List] Global freeware airport list

Taph

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Taph,

Thanks again for keeping this list up to date.  Also the next group won't have quite so many all at once, I think my 18 were a bit much, 10 to 12 would be better and currently I'm working NOR airports so it may be awhile, although Todd may have some.

Cheers, Neil

Thanks for all the free airports. It is getting harder with each new release to keep track of all the goodies.

I have created a list of all the free airports by Airport ID, Name, City, State and Country.

This is a text file because this forum will not except my Excel File which you would be able to sort by Airport Id, Name, City, State and Country. 

If you know how to attach an Excel File let me know?

Enjoy

Orbx Free Airport List.rtf

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Taph,

Thanks for this updated list.  You are right on top of things as I just got into my computer to see Ed has released it (it's morning here).  Several of you users are providing helps to find my airports, I'll try to get to all of you to say thanks.

Very appreciated, Neil

With 8 different downloads of the list in this thread it has to be difficult for users to get the correct, complete list.  At the moment it is the file in post #17 ( Global freeware airports v6.txt) that is the full list.  Any way to kill the former links so just latest version is available?

I think to do this needs admin rights, I am unable to edit previous posts Taph

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Taph thanks for all of your help----I think.   The "I THINK" just means am I able to take advantage of the GLOBAL free ware?.  I just have a rather loaded up flight sim program with just plain FSX along with a lot of standard free ware along with quite a few of those that cost money to have.  I have been told that the gloable stuff is so much better and takes the FSX program another step forward but again the question pops up----with my basic fsx set up can I and am I possiblycausing more problems which could over ride the benefit.

I sure would appredciate any and all comments that would be of great help in explaining what it is, what good it will do and the balance that may be there in loading some of it along with possible problems.

Thanks very much for all your comments.

Ray S.

??

Perhaps my question or questions were not to clear but I would like to hear some thoughts on my questions relative to global installing...The questions are mentioned in post #31.

Thanks for your thoughts on global.

eray9s    Ray S.

Excuse me for beating on this question so much but I would like to purchase or use some of the free global but even though I like my present set up I would like to make it even better as I keep hearing so much good comment about global.  I am hesitant to install the global as I do not want to mess up my present set up. If no one cares to make comment on my questions raised earlier than please will some one direct me to where I can perhaps find some educated comments on whether I should or should not go ahead and install.

I hesitate as I am not too sharp on unmessing my computer after I have messed it up.

Please help.

Eray9s  ray

HI Ray,

If you are talking about my FTXG freeware airports (16 groups of them so far), they can be used with stock FSX but DO look better if you have Global and Vector.  Understand that Global is giving FSX a texture makeover so that it looks much nicer and will not hurt your well running sim.  It replaces the ho hum FSX textures with much more vibrant ones.  When the North American land class (LC) upgrade is released (hopefully by late this year) it will provide a very accurate portrayal of what North America looks like from the air and it also shouldn't make a mess of your well running sim.

My freeware (and those from other authors)  replace the inaccurate ones provided by FSX with much more accurate versions and also won't mess up for well running sim.

.Cheers, Neil

Ray,

Sorry for slow response been away. Global freeware airports should give you no problems. the Global software which is payware, repalces the existing textures in FSX (as Neil said) they change all of the world in FSX and give you a very realistic feel, well worth installing

Ray,

if in doubt about any problems with addons to FSX just create a restore point prior to installing the addons and if you do "mess up" your FSX just restore the computer to the restore point and your back to what you started with.  A little bit of work true but at least nothing lost.

• 2 weeks later...

Fwiw, I've posted the Google Earth kmz file in other threads for the North American freeware airport, but figured I'd post it here.  This should now include the new in pack 17 (plus the previous ones as well). I update it usually within a few days or less of a new release.  Enjoy!  If you ever spot an problems, lemme know.  Cheers.

I would recommend keeping the .kmz file separate from the .txt listing as they are a completely different approach to the same information and trying to combine the two will only be confusing to users. 

Archived