Green Grand Canyon

rsvette12

Hi Guys:

Quick question why is the grand canton pretty much green, yet I have seen a few shots from other folks that looked ok and others not, looked thru scenery library played a bit but did not help - I am using FSGENESIS - no biggie but what else is this affecting so any thoughts on correcting this. 

Regards, Rich

It is a landclass issue, better GC textures exist our texture library but until openLC is released for the USA some areas will unfortunately look less than ideal.

That said, here is an example of the area posted by a customer who has different landclass installed:

v8KGD.jpg

PSGVK.jpg

BDyVc.jpg

We are doing the North America openLC immediately after Europe so you won't have long to wait.

You could try Scenerytech Landclass, it seemed to apply different better fitting textures for the area for me, though it might be wiser to just wait for OpenLC if you don't fly too much there. 

Judging by how much better Southeast Asia with FTX Global applied landclass corrections now looks like I'm sure with OpenLC packs all the areas will look just awesome. 

I noticed a couple of those other threads, and I am checking myself, as I have UTX installed.  Took one flight out of Santa Fe NM and it was not that green.  The greener areas that seem to be more problematic are the higher elevation areas -- and they also appear to be green in Google Earth in those same areas.  But as I said, still checking.

OpenLC is probably the best solution, in any case.

It is a landclass issue, better GC textures exist our texture library but until openLC is released for the USA some areas will unfortunately look less than ideal.

That said, here is an example of the area posted by a customer who has different landclass installed:

v8KGD.jpg

PSGVK.jpg

BDyVc.jpg

We are doing the North America openLC immediately after Europe so you won't have long to wait.

This is very welcome news indeed, and I am very much looking forward to how OpenLC configures the texture display in these areas,

Regards,

Chris B.

Hello all,

I see the same problem too.

I have all the scenery tech LC's, do I just put them to the the top of scenery library to resolve the greenish texture calls?

If so, this would be a good work around until the ORBX LC's come out.

Please advise

Stu

FSS 0223909

Howdy y'all!!

Does anyone know what land class is being used in those screenshots?  I have the Scenery Tech NA one now and I have the same green spooge as others. If it's not over the top expensive I may give it a go until the Orbx NA LC is released.

say I wonder, should I try to re-install the ST NA landclass? or would it be best to remove it? I have no idea how Land Class fully works.

thanks

PS: flew out of and over Atlanta last night...OUTSTANDING!!  I am really dig'n this!!

I tried moving the ST NA LC to the top of the list and the scenery rebuilt in flight. I didn't notice any change (west of Denver)

Do you have to close and reopen the sim for changes to take effect?

Stu

No you don't have to close the sim. I was playing in another area earlier, turning the ST LC off and back on. I DID notice a difference where I was, but I will point this out to make things clear: My SceneryTech Landclass is BELOW all my ORBX products. Simply turning it off and back on where it is, you can see the difference.

I don't think it matters where it is to be honest, as long as it's ABOVE the default stuff in the library. I think Edwards Airforce base is the top most default position (but not certain on that), and that is where mine is. It is my understanding that FTXG replaces the default textures, and as such, I would've thought they would be low down in the list. The exception being the demo of the OpenLC landclass.

Just my observation, and thoughts for what it's worth.

Guys if you have that ST LC then my guess is that you will need to move up it above your ORBX files in your scenery listing.

I don't know if that will work, when I bought the ST NA LC and UTX the guys at Flight1 made is clear that the ST NA LC MUST be placed between  "UT Landclass - Urban" and "UT Landclass - Vegetation" for them both to work together properly, I may try to remove the ST LC and see how it looks, not sure exactly what I would lose though by doing this..

EDIT:::

I found the old post over at the Flight1 Forums, not sure is this is still the case but here is what it says:

Q: You said “layering†a landclass with UTX. What does that mean and how do I do it correctly?

NOTE:

THIS IS FOR ALL VERSIONS OF UTX.

The urban/vegetation layer sandwich for landclass is universal to all UTX releases

A: After installing your secondary landclass files, enter the scenery library through the FSX control panel, locate the landclass files you use and place them in the library list between the following UTX items:

UT LANDCLASS - Urban

LANDCLASS  X <-------------- Place all landclass products between the UTX Urban and Vegetation layers and enable as needed (only ONE)

LANDCLASS  Y <------------------|

LANDCLASS  Z <------------------|

UT LANDCLASS - Vegetation

Click OK and let the database build.

Well I did get better results around some part of Grand Canyon with Scenerytech, however it's possible some other parts might not be working that well. Certainly it won't get rid of all the green textures in inappropriate places. 

OZx Grand Canyon doesn't seem to have any tint problems

Hmmm,

can't seem to get a photobucket screenshot to show up so .....  Nevermind.
:banghead:

Also I can't seem to find the FAQ page if there is one.  Searched for FAQ and got NO results

After reading a few posts I decided to uninstall SceneryTech.  My take is to wait for the ORBX LC pack that should be a big improvement in the US Southwest.  In a bigger context FTXG is a massive improvement for FSX IMO.

Regards

jja

Ok, after some testing (and very kind help/info from fellow member Chick) I now have this:

does this look about right? Anyways this will do, but I think I'm gonna check out that freeware from OZx just for grins.

q98g.jpg

h7xh.jpg

Grand Canyon National Park:

h4nz.jpg

PS: Admin if these pictures are not the correct size or whatever please let me know I can fix them.

Hi all

I just downloaded and installed the OZx freeware Grand Canyon.  Brilliant!  Photoreal, high resolution mesh, and enough area surrounding to make a canyon flight a realistic experience.  

While waiting for the landclass mods from ORBX (and after as well) it's a great alternative.

They also have a Death Valley download as well.

Note:  The installer puts the files into a separate folder in the FSX directory.  I simply merged the scenery and texture folders into the Addon Scenery folders and it works perfectly for me.

Same here too with Green Grand Canyon as others posted in a different thread. After a couple of us verified the greenish colors the entire thread was LOCKED by admin..

Threads don't get locked because people confirm or verify an issue... Threads get locked because someone reports an issue and the ensuing discussion gets hijacked by disgruntled folks and goes from constructive feedback to chaotic ranting. The developers here are more than happy to engage with customers having issues and solutions are almost always found, even if they are not instantaneous or require a patch or service pack... But to expect help and courtesy from the devs, you have to be willing to give the same and exercise a little patience...

Hi all

I just downloaded and installed the OZx freeware Grand Canyon.  Brilliant!  Photoreal, high resolution mesh, and enough area surrounding to make a canyon flight a realistic experience.  

While waiting for the landclass mods from ORBX (and after as well) it's a great alternative.

They also have a Death Valley download as well.

Note:  The installer puts the files into a separate folder in the FSX directory.  I simply merged the scenery and texture folders into the Addon Scenery folders and it works perfectly for me.

I did this same thing last night (got them both and made an account), that free OZx GC is, as you say, a great alternative! and blends very well with the Orbx Global!

Archived