FTX Global - On short finals

John Venema

excellent, I'm looking forward to pairing this up with Drzewiecki Design's New York City X 2013 scenery hopefully releasing this week as well!

Indeed, Stanislaw and I have talked about his NYC-X release and I have given him the info he needs to colour match to FTX Global so you may find an option for FTXG compatibility if he gets that done in time.

Congrats on getting to Beta 1001 guys! Thanks for the great news :D . Best of luck with the final stages of the process in getting it right and rock solid but don't stress and take your time. We have all become accustomed to Orbx's high standard of Quality Control in its products so will remain patient and let you get on with wrapping it up in peace...emmsie's give us a grand show while we wait anyway so no worries...it takes as long as it takes as in some ways the final last hurdle is the most critical but, most importantly, we all know we'll be getting one pretty damn amazing rock solid new World textures product very soon and we're overjoyed. Thank you very much to the whole FTX Global team...another baby is on its way and this one's most certainly the heir to the flight sim throne when it comes to global textures...a new dawn...a new globe...a new King of the World! :lol:

Cheers,

Sid

How long have Orbx been working on this project, seems like only 6 months or so since the announcement! Fast progress indeed!

Now I just need to get my 11 day old daughter a little more settled and I might even manage to switch my pc on!

I still don't get the difference between using FTX Global with hybrid mode compared to selecting any region? Aren't the regions working together in hybrid mode already?

Hybrid mode is an FTX Global only setting. You can't select it when you select a specific FTX region. So when you select a specific FTX region, you will not be able to turn on hybrid mode and fly to another FTX region. (Well, obviously you will be able to fly there but you won't see the FTX textures etc. ;) ). I think most people will enable FTXG and hybrid mode after which they will not have to start up the FTX Central at all anymore to switch regions because everything is enabled at once!

However, hybrid mode is a compromise so a few very small things will be missing in the FTX regions: John stated that you will have to look hard to really notice anything different and most people will probably not notice it at all, but there ARE small differences. So... if you plan on flying within a certain region and have no plans of leaving it, it might be an idea to enable that region anyway as the only active one, just to make sure you will 'see it all'. 

So in short, here is what you get when you enable the following in FTX Central:

FTX Global without hybrid mode = FTX Global

FTX Global with hybrid mode = FTX Global with every installed FTX region active but with a few very small things missing

FTX region = only the chosen region active but no missing things and FTX Global outside of that region

Hybrid mode is an FTX Global only setting. You can't select it when you select a specific FTX region. So when you select a specific FTX region, you will not be able to turn on hybrid mode and fly to another FTX region. (Well, obviously you will be able to fly there but you won't see the FTX textures etc. ;) ). I think most people will enable FTXG and hybrid mode after which they will not have to start up the FTX Central at all anymore to switch regions because everything is enabled at once!

However, hybrid mode is a compromise so a few very small things will be missing in the FTX regions: John stated that you will have to look hard to really notice anything different and most people will probably not notice it at all, but there ARE small differences. So... if you plan on flying within a certain region and have no plans of leaving it, it might be an idea to enable that region anyway as the only active one, just to make sure you will 'see it all'. 

So in short, here is what you get when you enable the following in FTX Central:

FTX Global without hybrid mode = FTX Global

FTX Global with hybrid mode = FTX Global with every installed FTX region active but with a few very small things missing

FTX region = only the chosen region active but no missing things and FTX Global outside of that region

Thanks a lot finally clarifying it.

Now I can remember how Prince William felt, I can hardly wait for the birth :) :)

PUSH! Orbx, PUSH!

Now this is why I love ORBX in general and these forums in particular - information.

Brilliant stuff, brilliant.

Thanks for keeping everyone in the loop.

excellent, I'm looking forward to pairing this up with Drzewiecki Design's New York City X 2013 scenery hopefully releasing this week as well!

You may already know this, but Aerosoft has an excellent Manhattan scenery for FSX product released...but maybe I am unaware of the differences between the two products. 

Archived