Abbotsford to Tipella CBB7 at Harrison Lake in BC

bernd1151

As the title to this thread already implies, we will leave the FMC, ADC, FDR etc at home. This will be bush-flying at its finest.

We’ll take off from Abbotsford and head north to Harrison Lake. At the very end of it we can find a small airstrip called Tipella. That’s where our supplies need to be delivered today, provided we have a decent weather forecast.

One of the best bush planes around is the Antonov 2, of which over 14.000 have been built in Russia, Poland and China. As far as I know just a few are registered in Canada, due to problems with certification.

e38p.jpg

Weather forecast mentioned clouds and light thunderstorms above 2,000 ft.

ug5r.jpg

Loaded to capacity, we leave Abbotsford behind us

vudl.jpg

The one feature I like about the An 2 is the side-window arrangement. You can almost lean out and see what happens underneath the plane.

nhcf.jpg

vr6v.jpg

Hang on tight boys, it’s shake, rattle and roll

effu.jpg

Below 1.500 ft the world looks slightly better

n0gu.jpg

q719.jpg

We’ll fly along Stave Lake and pass then between Robertson Peak and Mt. Clarke, before we’ll reach Lake Harrison

o34f.jpg

Somewhere at Stave Lake, there is a small ranger station with an airstrip. That will be our first stop for today

1iqe.jpg

What a great scenery

cj2c.jpg

While our flight continues and with all these mountains close to Mt. Clarke around us, I have the feeling not to be in BC, but in Middle Earth

jygw.jpg

Harrison Lake and stupid as I am, I make the wrong turn

u252.jpg

But that’s quickly corrected and in the far distance there should be Tipella at the left shore

v7cj.jpg

Here we go. The boys will sure be happy to hear us coming

rkmj.jpg

Almost done, over and out.

va5y.jpg

Thanks my friends for your kind comments. I am happy that you liked my little bush-flying adventure and if you don't mind, there's more to come. ORBX offers us an abundance of such opportunities

Archived