Vintage Scotland

domfliss

Thanks guys :) !!

Number 2 was the first one I did.  I was going to leave it there, but thought I'd better add some more to make it a little set.

I think number 2 is my favourite as well.  

I might have to do another Scottish circuit today as I'm getting withdrawal symptoms :P .  

I'm trying to fly with a higher level of AA as it makes screenshots miles better.  Also means I don't have to add grain to hide the jaggies, LOL. 

Many thanks!!

Dom

Nice shots Dom.

May I ask what process you used to get the aged look? Is it simply a white texture that has been stained and marked with a very low transparency applied? Looks great.

Hi Jocko,

It's simply some scratches and noise on a transparent layer.  All I did was to change the opacity of that layer and maybe the levels to bring out the darker regions and merge it with the main layer (Spitfire).

Gimp is amazing and well worth persevering with, even if it does seem daunting at first. 

There are also quite a number of plugins and scripts for Gimp too.  I have an older version of PS CS2, but never use it now as I prefer to work in Gimp. 

Plus Gimp is open source software; so there is the feel good factor, LOL.

Cheers

Dom

Hi Jocko,

It's simply some scratches and noise on a transparent layer.  All I did was to change the opacity of that layer and maybe the levels to bring out the darker regions and merge it with the main layer (Spitfire).

Gimp is amazing and well worth persevering with, even if it does seem daunting at first. 

There are also quite a number of plugins and scripts for Gimp too.  I have an older version of PS CS2, but never use it now as I prefer to work in Gimp. 

Plus Gimp is open source software; so there is the feel good factor, LOL.

Cheers

Dom

Thanks for the tip Dom, that's what I was thinking you might have done with the layering. I agree with you as well, I have Adobe Photoshop CS 6.0 available on my girlfriends Macbook, however, I find using 'The Gimp' just as good if not better in many aspects. Plus the fact that it's free and has huge amounts of free plugins.

Cheers

Jocko

Archived