An-2 Epic Flight: Lithuania - New Zealand

Adam Banks

I've finished my repaint of Neville Cameron's An-2 (LY-AKH). Here it is arriving at Thames/Coromandel in 1995 after its epic flight from Lithuania. The only An-2 in New Zealand (I think) - sadly now grounded and resides at the Wanaka Museum. NZNI NZTH is a perfectly passable rendition of the real thing, though I wouldn't know what it looked like in 1995!

an2_thames_01_667_1280.jpg

an2_thames_03_929_1280.jpg

an2_thames_05_105_1280.jpg

The file is on AussieX: http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/3835-sibwings-antonov-an2-ly-akh/

The Sibwings An-2 is a professional product through and through. The paint kit is often a good indication of the overall attention to detail - and this one is well laid out and easy to work with. No wonder that the FSX world is being flooded by Antonovs!

Adam.

Fantastic shots Adam , this baby is next on my to buy list.

You won't regret it! It reminds me of the CS Hercules ... it just "feels right" - behaves like a real aeroplane. There's no fancy hi-tech, but plenty to play with in the VC: aileron, elevator and rudder trim - and it's perfect for those tiny/rough airstrips and slow photo-shoots!

Adam.

I wondered if you had bought the AN 2.   Not bad is it.

Thanks for the excellent re paint.  I have it installed and flying it now

Bob - you know me better than that!

1) It's not a helicopter.

2) It's Rooshian/Polish.

3) It's almost as "beautiful" as the Wilga (arrrgh!).

4) It's not expensive!

I was wondering myself how long *you'd* hold out! :lol:

Just a shame we never got to see it when it was flying. Neville Cameron is an old friend of Gina's.

BTW - thanks for all the nice comments, folks! I enjoyed doing the repaint.

Adam.

Archived