Super Cub - Ultra

I've found it...the absolutely IDEAL tool for the job of flying the back country in the way that I most enjoy.  I picked it up a few days ago and have been working on it's custom paint since then.....it's done and ready to go do some EXTREME back country flying.

It's perfect in every way for the task....

*  Lycoming IO-390 engine....fuel injected 4 cylinder rated at 210 HP at 2.700 RPM.  A LOT of power in a light air frame.

*  Squared wings for increased wing and control surface area

*  Leading edge slats and vortex generators for additional lift

*  Droop aileron system for authoritative low speed control

*  AOSS low rebound suspension

*  35" tundra tires

It was love at first flight....and represents the completion of my search for the "perfect" bush plane. I'm looking forward to many, MANY hours of fun with this one.

GkSLi.jpg

...and its made by Flying Replicas ? ..love that mans work .I have his Me 109 which is just an amazing model not to mention the irreplaceable Boomerang which I used to fly a lot . Always in my hanger , great stuff.

Glad to hear of your new found love Stig !...and may I say the painting is looking just fine .

You know I am almost thinking about getting this bird since you are a Bush flyer and you have been impressed by this bird and , as I say, I love this  developers work. 

Cheers

That plane looks like the perfect deal. I am sure you will tell us about your discoveries. If you are lacking inspiration (!!!), there is a site called mountainflying.com that suggests superb possibilities in Idaho. Some strips have an official code, others have gps coord only. From now one, you'll have fun in proposing challenges to others! >:D

Archived