Tasmania tour part 9: Interlaken to Launceston

Stillwater

Well mates, after arriving in Interlaken ( http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/57108-tasmania-tour-part-8-the-lakes-cradle-mountain-to-interlaken/ ) it was time for the last section of the island tour. Climbing south out of Interlaken ...

Posted Image

... I went down to Jericho and then northeasterly, over the Midland Highway:

Posted Image

A little surprise here, did I suddenly get over to Holland?

Posted Image

OK, everything is still fine with the Navigation: In a zone of really strong upwinds we find the Woodbury gliding club. Seems there is a reason for having the club at this location - one should give it a try!

Posted Image

But what is this on the ground shortly north of Valleyfield? Needs some careful inspection:

Posted Image

Well, the fire brigades are already there - no need to call for help. [Whoever has put this little detail into the scenery: A lovely idea this was!]

Posted Image

Posted Image

So I could go on and approach the (usual) 32 L of Launceston:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I think this sign in the open baggage claim area of YMLT (is it still there?) really makes a lot of sense, if you have seen some of the screenies of this tour already: There is a lot of wilderness around Tasmania. And one or the other pint of Cascade is well deserved now!

Posted Image

Thanks for watching the screenies and following my tour. And many more thanks for creating this scenery details!

Wow Gerold.. You really gave this last leg "the works". Fabulous mate. and finding the crash at the Poatina turnoff.. I had totally forgotten about that. Well done old lad, I think I got as much pleasure out of reading about these flights as you obviously did out of flying them. Teecee.

Wow Gerold.. You really gave this last leg "the works". Fabulous mate. and finding the crash at the Poatina turnoff.. I had totally forgotten about that. Well done old lad, I think I got as much pleasure out of reading about these flights as you obviously did out of flying them. Teecee.

Thanks, Terry - it was great fun to fly this tour and to combine your hints with Wikipedia and my own memories. That is a nice way to (re-)discover places!

Archived