A morning flight from NZMO to ...

moonman

Hello Everyone!

All I wanted to do was to take a nice VFR or at least MVFR flight from NZMO (Te Anau Manapouri ) to NZMF (Milford Sound).

Fact is: I never made it to NZMF but had to abort the flight instead and return to NZMO due to low visibility which crossed my way somewhere in the midst of the flight.

Nevertheless: It was a good practice for me and certainly a unique sim-flight-experience. And the weather engine by OPUS together with all the REX textures and the “REX Natural ENB-Mod†did a great job in my opinion.

Anyways:

Look for Yourself and please enjoy,

Christoph

Taking off into the early morning …

Posted Image

… above Lake Manapouri, turning towards Shallow Bay and heading to Lake Te Anau

Posted Image

… at least some light along the horizon Posted Image

... can You see this little road in front of us. That should be the Te Anau Milford Hwy., which i intend to follow along until the northern end of Lake Fergus. After that i will be following the Hollyford River-Whakatipu Ka Tuka instead all the way up to Lake Mckerrow and Martins Bay

Posted Image

… enjoying the surroundings

Posted Image

… into the valley now

Posted Image

…

Posted Image

…

Posted Image

… this does not look good at all. I can barely see the road anymore, which i intended to follow. There is also some severe “red terrain†on my GPS. Okay, let’s quit the plan and get above the clouds right away. Not very realistic and i did not even tried contacting ATC. But i also just did not want to give up my evening flight in the sim at this point here

Posted Image

… save again!

Posted Image

… enjoying the view again

Posted Image

…

Posted Image

… stay clear of these beautiful mountains though

Posted Image

… and now, descending - well: At least some of the coast at Martins Bay can be seen, here so: Let’s give it a try and dive down a bit. Staying clear of the coast though and not below FL20

Posted Image

… that – again – does not look good. I don’t think, i’ll get to NZMF under this conditions Posted Image

… better climb above the clouds again and fly back to NZMO: I can barely see anything anymore.

Posted Image

So much for now about my first attempt to go flying under VFR conditions after quite a while.

From now on i will always (!) add weather forecasts to my VFR flight planning routine as well!

In case You want to fly the same route, then please have a look here. Put together via Sky Vector as a reference.

Posted Image

Altough you haven't made it to Milfourd Sound, it's a great set of pics. I'm using REX and Opus too and had the same weather conditions several times. It's a lot of fun when you are in the Canadian Rockies. :wacko:::)

Hello Everyone!

Thank You very much for Your comments and replies!

I am really happy to read, that You enjoy these pictures above, because i really wanted to share this "weather-experience" during this particular flight with You here.

All Your comments and replies are really welcome and most appreciated!

Thank You!

Cheers, Christoph

Great to see a bit of realism thrown into the mix! How as the weather generated?

Also - thanks for including the Sky Vector chart. I'd never heard of them. Looks good! For other ppl, I found the link: http://skyvector.com/

Hello Adam!

Great to read that You now got familiar with Sky Vector.

I can really recommend it to everyone.

It is for free and a real great planning tool.

Detailed VFR- and airport charts are available for the entire U.S. there, but You also get basic airport information for almost any airport from all around the globe.

A truly interesting feature though are all the airways (World-Hi and World-Lo) from all around the world, which are also available there.

Taking a look at them can really be very use- and helpful for proper flightplanning.

And again: It's all for free!

Cheers, Christoph

Thank You very much again for Your kind comments!

Thank You!

Happy flyings and landings,

Christoph

excellent flight report Christoph !

where did you get the REX ENB natural mod ?

Hello Amentiba!

You can get this specific ENB-Mod at the REX forums

http://www.realenvir...nload-included/

But You will need to sign in there in advance to download these files.

There is also an Enb-palette included then if i am not mistaken.

I am using an Enb-palette which is not that dark though.

I think i once found this specific "not so dark Enb-palette" here at the ORBX-forums, but sadly can not find it now anymore even after doing some quick search around the forums here :(

Anyways Amentiba, i hope i could help out a little bit at least!

If You have any further questions regarding this issue, then please feel free to send me a PM anytime and i will look forward to answer You as soon as possible!

Cheers, Christoph

Thank You very much again for Your kind comments!

Thank You!

Happy flyings and landings,

Christoph

Hello Amentiba!

You can get this specific ENB-Mod here:

http://www.realenvir...nload-included/

But You will need to log in the at REX-forums in advance to download these files.

There is also an Enb-palette included if i am not mistaken.

I am using an Enb-palette which is not that dark though.

I think i once found this specific Enb-palette here at the ORBX-forums, but sadly can not find it now anymore after i did some quick search around here :(

Anyways Amentiba, i hope i could help out a little bit!

If You have any further questions regarding this issue feel free to send me a PM anytime here and i will look forward to answer You as soon as possible then!

Cheers, Christoph

Many thanks, Christoph for your help, well appreciated !

Downloading, will test it as soon as possible ;)

Archived