Air New Zealand RJ100

Adam Banks

I just couldn't help myself! After struggling for a while with the JF version, I jumped ship and bought the QualityWings equivalent. It really is a beauty - and has much more functionality.

Here's a "milk run" from NZAA to NZWN on a late afternoon/evening. All procedures rigorously adhered to - from cold & dark startup to touchdown/shutdown.

Posted Image

I just love the classic (soon to be dispensed with) ANZ livery. Suits the NZ landscape so well:

Posted Image

Half way there ...

Posted Image

Approach to R16 at Wellington:

Posted Image

The PMDG 737 is going to be very hard to dislodge, but I think the QW146 is the leader of the "also-rans"! Highly recommended.

Grand shots Adam, ive looked at this one a good few times myself it does not look as hard to learn as the PMDG of which sits doing nothing anymore for me i found the PMDG to much of a strain on both man and machine for me but i dont wish to take anything away from it being one hell of a plane all the same.

cheers

Iain

Nice shot Adam

im thinking of getting the Avro, despite the fact that im a CRJ driver and always made fun of my Avro collegues like "..the Avro is the best 3 engine aircraft in the fleet" or "the plane with the 5 apus" etc.... But it looks good in FSX :)

BTW my company just phased out the last RJ85 Avro a few months ago. And now the CRJ 700 series is on the phase out list.

Anyway happy flying and many happy landings

MJ

Great shots here Adam - and nr.2 from top with the clouds and the scenery in between is superb!

... the classic NZ airlines livery looks great indeed.

I just wait for the next, third major update for this certainly already great plane and then i will purchase it.

Because at the moment i am - again - focusing on the PMDG 737 when it comes down to "tubeliners" ... just want to get myself ready for my "world-tour" as soon as FTX Global is here ;) .

But for now and back to topic again:

Great shots!

Thanks for the encouragement folks! You may live to regret it! http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/54251-rv100-obsession/#entry482230

@kilby - the repaint can be found on AussieX (along with the Qantas ones). This excellent one was done by Jeansy : http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/3109-quality-wings-avro-rj100-air-new-zealand-zk-nzk/

@Mickey - I think this particular aircraft has already been phased out (not sure). A friend of mine in Holland still flies one for TNT (last I heard) ... and loves it. For some reason I just don't like the CRJ's ... different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

For those still undecided - check out that new topic (above)!

Awesome set Adam, I'll have to look into this one for sure. Especially if she's easier to fly and has a better learning curve than some of the PMDG releases. Sometimes you just want to get up and enjoy the sim without getting overly technical every single flight..

Especially if she's easier to fly and has a better learning curve than some of the PMDG releases. Sometimes you just want to get up and enjoy the sim without getting overly technical every single flight..

Swings and roundabouts, Eric! The 146 is definitely simpler, but the PMDG 737 run from a warm start is pretty straightforward. The QW146 is far less frame-rate friendly (though on-going patches may help). The PMDG 737 is a coding masterpiece.

I suppose that, compared to a Tiger Moth, both these jetliners are fairly similar from a simming experience point of view. If you're an inveterate button-pusher, then it has to be PMDG - but if you fancy something that's more C-130 Hercules than Dreamliner, then the 146 is for you!

Swings and roundabouts, Eric! The 146 is definitely simpler, but the PMDG 737 run from a warm start is pretty straightforward. The QW146 is far less frame-rate friendly (though on-going patches may help). The PMDG 737 is a coding masterpiece.

I suppose that, compared to a Tiger Moth, both these jetliners are fairly similar from a simming experience point of view. If you're an inveterate button-pusher, then it has to be PMDG - but if you fancy something that's more C-130 Hercules than Dreamliner, then the 146 is for you!

Thanks for the reply Adam, this one is definitely on my "wish list" now but I have some new FTX/Orbx releases to purchase first, after real life bills and tuition for me of course, haha :D

Archived