Wildfire at KWYS (West Yellowstone)

Eric C

Thanks a lot guys for the nice comments!

Hey Eric - One minute your a fighter jock flying inverted and now your putting out forest fires . You have had quite a day . Anyway great shots all around .

Take care

John

Thanks John, gotta love FTX/Orbx for adding details like forest fires with the airport packages. Very creative, and fun to switch up the flying experience :)

Eric these shots Look amazing!!

I envy your FSX settings! Would it be possible for you to message me your REX and Enb Settings?

Cheers

Matt

Thanks a lot Matt, don't worry I'll share with everyone here what I used for this set. I like to mix it up and even like to hit the random REX textures button to try different settings but I did save this one. I'll check it on my main PC and post it here shortly buddy :)

Eric these shots Look amazing!!

Would it be possible for you to message me your REX and Enb Settings?

Cheers

Matt

Hey Matt, here's my REX settings I used for this set, but it does change almost every day for me :) REX Day was Reality, Cumulus 03, Cirrus 21. I used JV's new "Purple Haze" ENB that you can find in the Tips, Tricks, & Techniques Forum. Hope that helps, and enjoy :)

all these shot are stunners my friend,love the chopper and the name! we need you here at the moment,fires everywhere,but im glad im not close to them :)

Thanks Chris, and I'm definitely keeping your fellow citizens affected by the fires in my prayers, mother nature can be very cruel sometimes.

Wonderful! 8) 8)

Thanks Andy!

Nice screens mate. Well done

Lynchie

Thanks Lynchie, glad you enjoyed these and amazing scenery by Tim and Alex.

thankyou eric :)

Your Welcome Chris, keep us posted, hopefully good news.

Nice shots Eric!

Thanks Tim, I appreciate it. Amazing work by you and Alex as always, and I can't wait to see what you two have planned in the future. Take it easy :)

Wow!! Before i scrolled down...i thought they were real pics from Aussie! Grief! ???

Top shots as usual!!!

Thanks Doug, and I hope it gets better for our friends at Aussie.

Fantastic shots of an awesome helicopter Eric

Thanks Michael, I still need to learn how to fly her better in the sim though, and I really like the way the flight model was designed.

Awesome Eric!!!!!.....

Thanks my friend, I hope to keep em coming :)

Eric What Airport do u have that has the FIRES built in ?? thanks!!!

Hey Harleymhs, the Wildfires are included with KWYS West Yellowstone by Tim Harris and Alex Goff.

When you purchase KWYS you are able to select up to 6 Wildfires in the Summer months. Here's a pictures showing the Control Panel where you can select these.

Posted Image

Also, I took a picture from my Google Earth showing you where the location is of each of these Wild Fires are in relation to the airport.

Posted Image

The surrounding scenery is incredible, feel free to let me know if you have any questions, Enjoy :)

I also sent you a Personal Message with this info and pictures just in case.

• 2 years later...

Hello Eric,

I have been flying around this area and admiring the forest fires but I have a issue as soon as i spot the fires my FPS start to drop. If I get really close like in your shots I can get FPS of 8 or 3. Did you experience any drops in FPS flying around the fires.

Hello Eric,

I have been flying around this area and admiring the forest fires but I have a issue as soon as i spot the fires my FPS start to drop. If I get really close like in your shots I can get FPS of 8 or 3. Did you experience any drops in FPS flying around the fires.

Hey Seby H, I believe I may have experienced a small drop in FPS when flying close to the forest fires but have adjusted my settings in FSX to compensate for these FPS changes.  I would recommend reducing your autogen in FSX or LOD radius some in your FSX.cfg file or tweak other plug in settings to get your sim running smooth.  A little sacrifice in graphics or settings in some areas can go a long way.  Good luck!

Superb set of pics...  good angles... cool fire too!

Thanks Ryan :)

Archived