Welcome to the Bella Coola Valley

Almost ready for release now is my next project since CZST Stewart.... CYBD Bella Coola.

Using the same 2cm synthetic ground texture technique as first used in CZST Stewart, only this time on a larger scale. Plus a new ground vegatation system delivering very dense grass shrub and flower cover to the airport grounds to provide that extra level of fidelity when looking out of the cockpit. Features also include super HD airport buildings with light/shade texture methods to simulate light bounce and shadow casting, all Orbx 'Flows' are also implemented with this release including a bespoke SnowFlow setup. CYBD has just entered beta testing so expect more news to follow soon :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Russ.

When there was an announcement that CYBD was on the list to be made by Orbx, I knew of the place but had never seen photos of it to really get what would make this place worthy of being an addon field. Now seeing what this places offers I get it. Great work and love all the new ground features and shadow features!

An update to S45, Felts and now the much anticipated Bella Coola? Sweet! :-)

As with Felts, I'm not sure which I'm most exited about; the location - each fills in an area not previously served with a super detailed airport - or the amazing detail. I know... both. It's been said before I know, but it's amazing the way you guys continue to raise the bar with each field.

Looking forward to this,

Scott

Russ, if there are any more screen shots to come, any chance of posting the same shot/angle at different times of the day to showcase these shadows and how they move or are the shadows shown in this set of shots all hard textures and dont move as the sun/light source moves during the day?

Kilstorm, the shadows are all texture based, so they are fixed and not relative to time of day. The FSX engine is a dinosaur and to make anything look half decent involves a big compromise somewhere along the line.

Although modern day first person shooter games are based on engines that handle dynamic lighting, radiosity and shadows with ease, sadly this is not the case for FSX and so, such effects have to be 'faked' in texture if they are to be seen at all.

Cheers,

Russ.

There goes the bar up yet another three notches. I am constantly amazed by the level of quality and depth of realism of your products. Another airport I will have to purchase ASAP.

Congratulations, Russ, for such excellent work indeed. Bella Coola, here I come!

Hokey smokes, what a great job! Bella Coola's been a favorite of mine back to FS98 and this just blows things wide open! Amazing work, Russ!

Wow...Creekdog and I have been making Bella Coola our FBO for YEARS...................This will be awesome........Thanks Russ...

Archived