Blurry GEX/UTX outside of England

christos

This topic hasn't gone cold its just hard to fix when it doesn't affect everybody, we are still looking into it.

What uninstall procedure did you follow?

As you only have England you should just do this

1. set FTXCentral to [Default]

2. Browse to your main FSX folder, and delete the ORBX folder

3. Browse to FSX\Scenery\World\Scenery and delete "ADE_FTX_ENG_EGDJ_elevation_adjustment.BGL" and "ADE_FTX_ENG_EGDP_elevation_adjustment.BGL".

4. delete any orbx icons on the desktop

Paul

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, anyone who can confirm this issue can you please post what addon's you use and your pc spec so we can narrow down what causes it as it doesn't seem to affect everybody.

Paul

hi guys,

have been following this topic and was hoping for a solution,

so I jump in

i have the same issues as Christos who started the topic;

FSX ACCELERATION on a W7-64 system (dual screen)

here are my PC-specs and Nvidea specs

Posted Image

Posted Image

i do have GEX

and too many add-ons from ORBX (almost all of them 8) )

so in FTX central, there is Oceania, US and Europe,

and all latest patches installed

REX essential with OPUS-FSX 2.6 as weather engine

Posted Image

Posted Image

when I fly with PMDG NGX from England (EGNX - uk2000 scenery) with FTX Europe enabled to LSGG, I have +++ blurries once I cross the channel at FL350 exactly as posted here a bit higher.

when I do the same flight and stay with my PMDG NGX in the England territory (eg; from Liverpool to Gatwick) no problem at all!!

Also when flying out of Bristol and do a SID over Wales, the blurries are there.(so out of the England territory)

doing VFR flights into England no problems at all with sharp asthonishing images at >35-40 FPS

succes with finding a solution here!

Hans.

Looking at that CPU performance monitor it sure looks like some affinity masking is going on, as every 2nd CPU is maxxed out. Are you certain you have not installed any tweaks or performance optimization tools prior to installing FTX England?

Hi JV,

I can only speak for my own install but it was installed over the top of a pretty fresh FSX+Accel with no clever tweeks. It's also been tested with fresh FSX.cfg to.

I've got the same problem everywhere else outside of England is messed up with blurry and square textures etc. I've tried everything and the only thing tht works if disabling thefts central to default but that defeats the object as I usually fly into or out of England on long haul flights

Pretty annoyed that I can on,y fly in England to get crisp textures or I have to disable England to get nice textures elsewhere

Hope Aaron is released soon

Same problem here. Just crossing the English onto France -> LFQN.

Did some tests: No overclocks, clean fsx.cfg only adding the HIGHMEMFIX, but still same results.

Only non ORBX scenery I have is UTX Alaska

If you want other info, just ask.

Thanks

I had posted over at Aerosoft after i spotted scenery errors over Egypt using FSDG Sharm in FSX with FTX England, Flight 1 GEX & FEX and REX Essential Plus.

I was able to "fix" this error by swicthing from Europe to default in the Orbx menu, but i am unsure what im gaining or even losing by doing this even if it does fix the errors below...a fix would be ideal as i believe this has happened a few times to others.

Also the bleeding through of UK2000 Manchester Intl and the default terminal building has also been an issue, i have fixed this by removing the ADE FTX ENG EGCC BGL FILE from the Orbx England folder but again im unsure if this is safe, its fixed the error but surely a fix in an update fixing all the bugs might be an idea??

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just to let you know I have the same problem. I am also using UTX Europe and GEX Europe, and REX. And a lot of sceneries and aircraft which are too many to list here. I tried to change the scenery order: When I set UTX above Orbx England I have sharp textures in Europe but very blurred textures in England. And with Orbx England above UTX sharp textures in England but blurries in Europe. And indeed high CPU load with the blurries. If you want more info let me know.

Just flew the NGX from East Midlands to Tenerife and it looks the same as that screenshot from the microlight a few posts above this.

I have a few UK2000 sceneries, Scotflight and ORBX, no UTX installed.

The only thing of note is on landing, the cockpit became unclickable for some reason, was still clickable from FO seat so switch of aircraft from there, messed around a bit with zooms and was clickable again. Another thing to note is this was my 3rd flight of the day without restarting FSX. East Midlands > Orly > East Midlands > Tenerife. I do know Orly looked ok when I was there. Rebooted PC, went to Tenerife in Cessna and it´s still messed up.

The actual messed up graphics are only part of the issue, when I fly outside the uk, I switch ftx to default. I often fly from my home airports of Glasgow or Edinburgh in the 737 to parts of Europe. Then I decide to do some GA flying in England, I enable FTX Europe and all my UK 2000 scenery gets bump from priority 1 in the scenery library list to around no. 80! So all my vfr airfields and extreme airports, around 200 in total, don't look correct.

Unfortunately I need to keep England disabled for now, fingers crossed for a fix, I'm sure Paul will figure this one out.

right an update for the blurry textures gex/utx outside of England, a fix is in testing the first fix had errors still so i will be releasing a new fix to beta testers tomorrow.

any other errors i.e uk2000 airports please start a separate topic in the compatibility forum and if you still have blurry textures with England disabled then you have other problems as well.

Paul

right an update for the blurry textures gex/utx outside of England, a fix is in testing the first fix had errors still so i will be releasing a new fix to beta testers tomorrow.

any other errors i.e uk2000 airports please start a separate topic in the compatibility forum and if you still have blurry textures with England disabled then you have other problems as well.

Paul

Hi Paul

Excuse my ignorance but do blurry textures refer to the water in the mountains issue as well.

Kind regards and Happy New Year.

JJ

I have also been suffering from this.

Today's flight from EGKK-EDNY using Orbx England + UK2000 Gatwick and all default scenery apart from this - very blurry textures over Germany. After landing, I forced reloaded the scenery and everything sharpened up.

Looking forward to the fix for this 8)

Just wanted to add a line to say that I have this problem as well. It was the water on the side of hills/mountains that finally got me to breaking point. ;D As almost all my flying involves flying in and out of England I'm planning on keeping FTX disabled.

Excellent product though. Hopefully the fix will sort it.

Hi all,

Today received my DVD copy of FTX EU England, very happy!!!

Also checked for the bug, please see below the difference in the Netherlands between "FTX England on" and "FTX England off" : it seems to make the forests that are generated by GEX I think (have both GEX Europe and UTX Europe installed, all up-to-date), more "squarish":

FTX England on: Posted Image

FTX England off: Posted Image

Also looking forward for a fix of course, but take your time!

Thanks,

Dutchman

Most of the issues with landclass disruption, water bodies, missing autogen etc outside England have been addressed in the SP1, which is currently in final testing. We fully intend to keep taking customer feedback and reports to improve the product with SP2 etc. Australian is up to SP4, PNW up to SP5 etc - we never stop enhancements and bug fixing work on all our regions and this is mainly due to the excellent feedback from our customers.

Thanks for your patience, I know you want to enjoy England fully and we're close to resolving most of the issues.

Archived