Blurry GEX/UTX outside of England

christos

Evening All.

My first product and experience with an Orbx product so please dont bash me!

Everything is Gorgeous looking around England but on a hop over to the Netherlands i noticed i have the following issue with the display of textures with GEX and UTX Europe

Posted Image

Posted Image

I have Aerosoft EHAM X and moved it to the top of the scenery library in FSX and it displays clear likewise with UK2000 EGKK... Do i need to alter the scenery library further or have i just been to eager

and missed something else?

Thanks for your help

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Guys

I have exactly the same problem. If I exit FSX and reactivate default scenery in FTX Central my european scenery outside of the UK returns to normal.

I found this happening during a flight from EGCC to GCRR and noticed it as cloud cover thinned over central spain. Hope we can find a solution as this means disableing FTX UK if intending to fly from the UK to a european destination.

Kind regards

Barry

Hi Chris (738 ;) ),

there is no other solution then Barry posted and so you have only 2 choices:

- a very nice England (IMHO a must have for somebody like you) together with a ugly looking rest of the European continent

- a nice looking continent together with a (more or less) default England

I'm unsure at the moment what to do, As I also would like to have such a nice scenery for England. But at the moment Germany is more important for me.

The only workaround I'm aware of would be the following:

When leaving England, with FTX active, as soon as you fly over the Channel, save your flight, shut down FSX, set FTX back to default, start FSX and load your saved flight to continue.

But have no clue whether this works, when online flying.

Hey Otto!!

Thanks for your friendly and always helpfull words mate!

Shutting down FSX is gonna be a problem flying online with the VA though so it looks like one or the other :mellow:

@ Paul, Thanks and no probs Sir, ;) i can wait a couple of days. Will you have the whole of Europe covered in such short time?! :P

I think you fly with the same VA as myself. BAV?

Hi Barry

Your bang on mate, we are indeed BAV Flying and serving colleagues! And i agree with you in this

I'm totally prepared to wait for as long as it takes to solve the problem.

Hi Guy's,

Just to add to this one it's also an issue outside of England if you just have default not GEX/UTX etc. The odd thing is I've never had this issue with your PNW and until I installed ENG it was active all the time whether I was in the area or not.

Hi Guy's,

Just to add to this one it's also an issue outside of England if you just have default not GEX/UTX etc. The odd thing is I've never had this issue with your PNW and until I installed ENG it was active all the time whether I was in the area or not.

Can i get a screenshot with co-ordinates showing this issue as i can't locate an issue in default outside of England.

Paul

Can i get a screenshot with co-ordinates showing this issue as i can't locate an issue in default outside of England.

Paul

Certainly. It'll have to wait until tomorrow though as I've shut the Flightsim PC down. It happened about 15 minutes into an EDDF-LOWW flight. When I repeated the flight with FTX Central set to default it didn't happen. I checked Taskman as the blurries started and it showed all 4 cores nailed at 100% now cores 2& 3 tend only to get used by FSX during texture calls as far as I know. It's almost as if it's trying to load something that's not their if that makes any kind of sense.

Paul

Hi Paul, I too have this issue. I have done several flights, and encounter this issue with England activated, and when England is deactivated, it is not present. I tested without any addons activated, I do not have GEX, UTX, or any other landclass/texturing addon, and my system is Win 7 64-bit, i7-2600 3.4ghz, Nvidia 545 1gb, 8gb RAM.

Here are some screenshots with my latest test flight, including coordinates like you requested. This flight was from EDDF-LOWW, well away from England.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thank you very much for looking into this for us. I really love FTX England and really looked forward to it since it was announced. Any additional information or testing that you might need, please feel free to ask!

I decided to try this one myself and with FTX England active started a flight from Avy in France. I have UTX and Aime Leclercq's ground textures and noticed no loss of resolution. Does this only happen if you take-off from England and cross over to the continent?

Hi rogera, no, if you see above my flight was from EDDF-LOWW, I wasn't even in FTX England.

Agreed Howard, it is. It's a sure-fire deal though, I can reproduce the issue every time I fly in Europe with FTX England enabled.

Kyle,

As I stated in my post, I had FTX England activated but my flight was from Avy in France.

Holger and Paul are investigating this guys, please keep giving us examples of this issue and we can try to determine its cause. We may need to ask what is specifically installed in your PCs to isolate any possible influences. The fact that it is not happening to everyone seems to point to something in those PC environments. Stand by.

Cheers for the efforts gents. I'll be back on the sim later tonight so I'll try some other areas. The interesting thing for me is that I have no texture/landclass addons except orbx PNW/ENG. So the scenery where I'm getting issues is 100% default this is the odd thing. I understand that issues in the sim with so many variations in hardware and sim set ups can be hard to trace. In fact I only bothered posting when Kyle told me he had the same issue as I thought it must be system specific.

I'll post more details with a timeline of the flight if I can. Just one question are any default files renamed/deleted with the installation? My gut feeling is that FSX is calling a file repeatedly that isn't there. If Holger or Paul have specific tests or tools that they would like me to try to assist them in narrowing it down just shout.

Holger and Paul are investigating this guys, please keep giving us examples of this issue and we can try to determine its cause. We may need to ask what is specifically installed in your PCs to isolate any possible influences. The fact that it is not happening to everyone seems to point to something in those PC environments. Stand by.

Cheers John, i'll post my specs and addons later on after work.

i can also confirm this issue when flying to other european destinations after leaving FTX england

this is with FTX Central set to Europe. IF i set it back to default FSX everything goes back to noramel. I tried disableing the FTX entries in the "world","scenery menu during a flight and no luck textures still blurry even as far away as mykonos

Right here we go.

Win7 64, fsxsp1+2, gex/utx europe only(gex europe recently updated to v2.30), ut2, radar contact v4.3, as2012 sp2, gsx, ezdok camera, uk2000, Aerosoft, flytampa,+ fsdt airports, ngx 736-739, leveld 767, makerwys 4.6.1.2, fsuipc 4.8.5.3 unregisterd,tweaked cfg by venetubo, and va flight trackers whilst in flight.

Specs are Gigabyte p67a ud7 ~ i72600k @4.5ghz ~ GTX580 1.5gb ~ 8gb Mushkin Redline ~ Kingston 128gb SSD ~ Caviar black 640gb ~ Noctua nhd14 ~ Asus Xona Essence ST ~ Corsair 850w psu ~ Corsair sp2500 gaming audio ~ 24"LG Flatron ~ Saitek X52

Hope it helps.

Hi John,

I tried that. It's usually my first point of call if the sim starts playing up. I still had the same issue as can be seen below. The weird thing is performance on my system whilst in the UK is superb despite it having far more detail than the default areas I'm having this issue with.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The shots richard posted are exactly what i see in my sim as well. With FTX ENG active i have a crisp beautiful england scenery and the default scenery is all blurry

My specs. Core i7 2600K@4.8Ghz 8GB mushking blackline DDR3 1600 Nvidia GTX590 OCZ Agility3 240GB(just for FSX) AX1200 psu

When flying in europe outside of england i have almost all aerosoft airports

Another thank you to you guys for looking into this.

As for the system specs, I included them in my OP but for sake of brevity I'll gladly put them here:

FSX Gold, SP2 + Accel installed, SDK as well

Win 7 64-bit

i7-2600 3.4ghz

Nvidia GT545 1gb

8gb RAM

FSX Display Settings:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Addons:

Weather: ActiveSky 2012

Scenery: almost all Aerosoft airports, FSDreamteam airports, FlyTampa airports, and Orbx PNW with KCMW.

Aircraft: PMDG NGX, Airbus X Extended (beta), Airbus X, QW 757, Aerosoft Katana 4X, Aerosoft DHC-6, 8 Carenado, 4 Nemeth, CS C-130, F1/Virtavia BN-2, A2A P-40, and more. (all tests done testing this issue have been in the NGX, default CRJ 700, and the Airbus X Extended on separate flights)

Miscellaneous: FSUIPC current, but non-registered version, FSDT GSX, AES

Further testing confirms what was said here. Test flights ran in this order:

1. Enable FTX Europe in FTX Central

2. Open FSX

3. Select aircraft

4. Select airport

5. Select time/day

6. Fly now

After seeing issue:

1. End flight

2. Close FSX

3. Open FTX Central, disable FTX Europe and select Default, close Central

4. Open FSX

5. Order now remains the same, and issue disappears.

I also tried deleting the FSX.cfg, and not added the two tweaks I had in there, which were the HIGHMEMFIX=1 and affinitymask tweak (for multi-core). The issue was present on both the old FSX.cfg and on the freshly made, untouched FSX.cfg. Lastly, I went into my scenery library and unchecked each addon down the line minus the files for anything FTX, which were FTX England and FTX PNW entries. The issue was still present.

Here are two screenshots of my task manager during this event when it happens. Maybe this might help shed some light on what is happening:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I will do another set of tests tomorrow, and get some more screenshots showing coordinates. If there are any other parameters that you would like me to test out, or any hotfixes to try, please feel free to let me know, I'd be glad to help with whatever I can to help get this resolved. Hope this all of this information helps.Thanks again.

Kyle

Out of interest, why is your Texture Resolution slider only set at 30cm - have you tried pushing that slider all the way to the right to see if it resolves the issue??

I'm not an expert by any means, and no doubt the devs will advise more specifically, but doesn't that slider affect the sharpness/clarity of textures??

I have no idea if this will help/hinder at all, and I am probably wayy off mark here (my wife will tell you that!!) but its the one setting that you have that "jumps" out and it might be worth a shot!?!

Regards

Steve

Hi All

Just an observation have people with the blurry Gex scenery follwed the instruction box on activating Gex to switch Ftx central to DEFAULT FSX before activating the Gex scenery?

Regards Trev

Hi Trev,

I have the issue with default scenery outside of the area. At the minute as a work around I'm just not flying to/from England. Any Orbx flights I do must stay within the coverage area for now, the rest of the time Orbx is switched off. I have every confidence though that the team will sort it out though. If for instance I've left PNW active I don't get the same issues so I'm sure it can be fixed.

Hi All

Just an observation have people with the blurry Gex scenery follwed the instruction box on activating Gex to switch Ftx central to DEFAULT FSX before activating the Gex scenery?

Regards Trev

Yes Trev, i've tried that but still get the same.

Kyle

Out of interest, why is your Texture Resolution slider only set at 30cm - have you tried pushing that slider all the way to the right to see if it resolves the issue??

I'm not an expert by any means, and no doubt the devs will advise more specifically, but doesn't that slider affect the sharpness/clarity of textures??

I have no idea if this will help/hinder at all, and I am probably wayy off mark here (my wife will tell you that!!) but its the one setting that you have that "jumps" out and it might be worth a shot!?!

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve! At the time of that shot it was set that way to comply with another scenery, although that scenery was deactivated. I have since the changed the settings to match the screenshots shown in the FTX England manual, and will be testing further today. More screenshots and feedback to come either way.

I'm having the same issue...

Have anyone tried for instance, when the blurries occur;

• Pause the simulator.
  • Go into Display settings.
  • Decrease 'Autogen Scenery' 1 notch to left.
  • Click 'OK'.
  • Go to Display settings again, and set the Autogen Scenery back to the previous setting.
The idea is just to force FSX to reload the scenery...

I recall that it worked on my computer, however when I continued the flight, the blurries came back so-to-speak... the scenery simply wouldn't load for some reason...

Hi,

I also have this problem not only in Europe but also in Africa as well. I have GEX Africa and ME and most other GEX/UTX products. I went into the Scenery library and disabled all FTX entries in the vain hope of fixing it. Online flight so can't quit out and back in again to disable FTX properly. Initially it made no difference then suddenly it cleared up which was very odd. I had large lakes in the middle of Africa and blurry textures when it was enabled. Also noticed cores 2+3 maxed out the whole time. With FTX disabled in the scenery library those cores are now varying between 50 and 80% utilisation. I've since re-enabled FTX in the scenery library just to see if the problem comes back, it didn't. All very odd indeed.

I will grab some screenies as soon as I can.

Hi gents. This issue is still present. I've tried some things since my last post:

1) I tried disabling Orbx trees in FTX Central, just in case that might have been the cause, since it's one of the few variables I know I can actively change. That did not work.

2) Maxed sliders, as well as put sliders exactly how the FTX EU ENG .pdf manual shows, both made no difference.

3) Tested with PNW active and not England active. I did this to see if any common new library may make a difference. I did a flight in the US and then a flight in Europe, and the issue was not present. I then activated England and flew from Leeds Bradford, EGNM, to Barcelona El Prat, LEBL, and with England enabled the issue appeared again.

To give you a screenshot and coordinates, here is a screenshot from the EGNM-LEBL flight, showing the issue again with FTX England activated:

Posted Image

The only active addons at the time of this shot were FTX England and AS2012. I am using the PMDG NGX during this shot. Other shots I've posted previously are with AS2012 deactivated, so that can be ruled out as a cause. If there is any way I can more actively test this for you so we can get it resolved I would be more than happy to. Thank you for the help.

Just for information I am experiencing the same issue following installation of FTX England, this is my first Orbx product.

As a temporary measure until a fix becomes available I decided to uninstall the software. Unfortunately the Blurries remain.

So......no pressure Gents! ;D

Regards.

Just to clarify, this issue also happens without GEX or UTX installed. Those are not even on my system right now. Another screenshot and coordinates, this time near Hong Kong. Issue not present when PNW is active and England is not active in FTX Central.

Posted Image

Thanks again for looking into it.

This Topic seems to have gone cold, unlike my CPU which is running hot on ALL cylinders!

I've uninstalled FTX England following the recommended procedure but still have the CPU oddity and scenery load problem that's causing the blurries. Basically everything was working perfectly until I installed this software.

Hoping that there will be a fix for this soon, in the mean time could someone expand on the uninstall procedure? are the instructions up to date? I have deleted the cfg file and established that Mcafee is not to blame. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

HD

Are there really only several people suffering with this issue?

Posted Image

Archived