Auckland to Invercargill

Adam Banks

I was messing with setting up cameras in OPUS, so I thought I'd just let this B777 wind its way down south from Auckland, letting the weather do it's stuff. Leaving Auckland, it was quite realistic ... basically clear and sunny, but with a hint of haze (boring!). As soon as we got south of Wellington, things got a bit "interesting" and these were taken much later, past Queenstown - heading south. NZ scenery is amazing - and NZSI captures it well. Being the "Land of the Long White Cloud", I'm glad REXE is up to it! Sometimes I just sit back and watch ... it really is amazing what a show a humble flight sim can produce.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm not sure whether B777's are cleared for Invercargill, but the descent was through light rain (just as the METAR said), onto a slippery runway. Full auto-brake, reverse thrust and spoilers ... piece of cake!

This is the old Wilco/Feelthere 777. The Air New Zealand livery comes with the "777 Modern Airliner Collection":
/>http://www.wilcopub.com/simulator-add-on/modern-airliner/777-the-modern-airliner-collection-wilco-fleet-5339.html

It was state-of-the-art a while back, but can't really compete with the likes of the PMDG 737. I have the new CS777 ... but I think they're still working on it <?>.

What cloud set is that? looks nice

Hi Nick! I wish I could tell you! Since taking those pics, I've been trying to upgrade my REXE to REXE Plus OD (don't ask!). One of the things they forgot to tell you to do was to back up all your profiles to the REX server first.

I thought I had done that anyway, but the upgrade refused to accept my old login ... so I've had to recreate my themes from scratch. Probably not a bad thing anyway, but it's a shame.

Archived