Do I need to buy the 2W3?

alanngai

Hi there, see this quote here:

http://www.orbxsyste...-page-now-live/

Note: 2W3 was initially promised as a free airport for all customers who purchased all eight products in the 2010 xmas promotion. Due to the delays in completing 2W3 all 13 customers who qualified for the prize were emailed and offered a free copy of S43 Hervey Field instead. If you did not receive that email you did not qualify for the free offer.

Cheers

Tim

I am also pretty sure I did buy 8 products in the fall of 2010 to qualify for this free scenery, but cannot find any reference of what was required to make sure of if I indeed qualify, can you please Tim or Alex post the requirement list ?

Thank you

Hi guys, just to be clear:

http://www.orbxsyste...ing-up-to-xmas/

Text from that thread to clarify conditions:

"Any customer who purchases all the download editions of our November releases will get a free bonus airport next year - 2W3 Swanson. So specifically, purchase Lancair, YMML, PFJ, YSCB, YBCS, NRM, KORS and YBUD from FSS and you'll get 2W3 for free (expected to be available by March 2011)."

The promo has a 2010 time limit, just as long as you buy those 8 products before Jan 1st, 2011 you'll qualify for the freebie airport."

This means even though a customer may have purchased all 8 titles, the promotion was announced on November 20th 2010 and ran until January 1st 2011. Anyone who purchased any of those titles outside those dates did not qualify. The FSS database query Orbx is relying on for the email list only produced 13 customers who purchased all those 8 titles between those dates. We are sorry if you do not qualify for the promo if you did not meet those criterea.

If you still feel you missed out please quote the qualification rules above, and send an email with proof of purchases within those dates to tickets@flightsimstore.com

EDIT: Just to be 100% fair - we are going to ask Adrian to run the FSS database query again to also include all customers who may have purchased some of those 8 products *before* the qualifying date range. It is only fair that we also reward those customers who 'completed' the collection of 8 products by the time the qualifying period expired. I'll report back with the results and I'll ask JV to re-send the emails.

Cheers

Tim

UPDATE! We have re-checked the report from FSS with new parameters and it now shows that in fact 139 customers qualified. This now takes into account those who had already purchased some of the 8 qualifying products. JV should be sending you an email shortly. Apologies for any confusion.

Hiya

This is a great bonus from everyone at Orbx but unfortunately I missed the 48hr window that the URL was open to download 2W3. Is there perchance any way of still being able to download the airstrip.

Ken

Archived