Old or new news?

chumley

The Honda dealer in town has the exact same car that I bought from Savannah for almost 1500 less after all was said and done. Honda still promotes all dealers, but in the end, as long as they pay the supplier the agreed upon amount for the product, they can run any special they want. It's called Capitalism. Got to love it.

FSS has made the decision to have a 33% sale for some days.

Helmut,

it really doesn`t matter ,who decided to make such stupid sales.

Aerosoft did the same with the Bronco.

But i`m pretty sure,a few companys will loose some customers with these deals,me included.

Michael

Unlike a lot of you guys, I'm thrilled! Don't we all know that many FSX add on makers have a big Christmas sale every year, including Orbx? I was waiting for this, or expecting it I should say. Now I don't know what to get. LOL Pacific Fjords, Central Rockies, or NZ. I picked up the new Flight 1 Cessna Skycatcher (Which I fly in real life) to fly in Orbx scenery. Great combo I must say!

Regardless, enjoy what you have and love. Just remember, next year, wait for the sale!!!!! ::)

Its not the sale thats the problem......this was expected. What was NOT expected was for it to include the just released products that were on pre-pay only a few hours or days ago.

Yeah.. It doesn't leave a good aftertaste when one had prepaid the 8 packages, only to find out they are now available at more than double the discount 3 days after the last of them has been released! :mellow:

The only consolation is that I have bought high-quality sceneries that put a smile on my face everytime I fly.

To HELP Orbx...? Er... no, I didn't pre-pay to help Orbx. I pre-paid because I like their products and I want to use them. So there's my problem. ;)

If you want to buy something to help Orbx, don't pre-pay and don't wait for sales but only pay things for the full price. Or even better: donate money.

Anyway, I think it's best to wait for an official reply from Orbx before we make this the longest and hottest topic in Orbx's history. ;)

I can't see what you are complaining about then, you got what you wanted simple as that.

Your only complaint is you couldn't get it cheaper, ever hear the expression good thing comes to those who wait?

I won't be surprised at all to see JV reverse the decision to put the recent products on sale, assuming of course that this sale is down to ORBX and not just FSS.

Bryan.

Well, I expected this sale. That is why I only bought a few of the new items during the pre-paid time, because we all know that sales come around. I did NOT buy about half of the Pre-pay stuff because I just knew that a sale would come sooner or later, as it did last year. Further, this is clearly an FSS sale, and NOT an Orbx sale. JV has said MANY times in the past that Orbx does not control sales at other stores. I think that many of you all are being poor sports. Want want want, and then when something does not go your way, cry foul. We are all mostly adults here. Lets step a bit back from the table, cool our heads and relax. The end result is that we all have OUTSTANDING Orbx scenery to fly in. Clearly, Orbx is in buisness for a lot more than just to take our money and look the other way. They have showed time and time again that they have outstanding customer service and produce AWESOME scenery. If some of us (myself inlcuded) have paid more money at some times and less at others, it all goes towards helping new scenery development. Especially since we all whine and ask ALL the time for Orbx to do this scenery or that, no matter the cost, we just want our favorite area covered.

I will stop ranting now, because in the end it will probably fall on deaf ears. Happy New Year my fellow Orbx fans, and may you find a way to smile :)

..ever hear the expression good thing comes to those who wait?

Wait for what Bryan? These were prepaid. As of 3-5 days ago, Ketchikan and Jefferson weren't available yet and some, like me, prepaid them about 2 months back. I guess pre-paying is not a good deal after all.

Wait for what Bryan? These were prepaid. As of 3-5 days ago, Ketchikan and Jefferson weren't available yet and some, like me, prepaid them about 2 months back. I guess pre-paying is not a good deal after all.

Of course you are aware the the original purpose behind the pre pay offers was to help ORBX with cashflow?

Assuming that was your intention you achieved your objective, if of course you wanted some great sceneries at a great price...well you also achieved that as well.

Bryan.

I love the notion that this is somehow capitalism and our job as good capitalist consumers is to bend over, take it, and learn our life lessons. Capitalism cuts both ways, and there are lessons for business as well - as in, don't count on your customers sticking around after a move like this.

For the record, I'm not speaking out of any personal sense of injustice - I didn't have the cash flow for eight ORBX products on pre-pay and I'm not sure I can afford them at the current discount either (or it'll be a classic case of, "we just went broke saving money"). I'm only talking in general terms about what does and doesn't constitute good business practice.

If there will not come a very, very good explanation from JV about this way and kind to sale ORBX-products (3 days after ending of the pre-pay-period) I will never more prepay in the future for any ORBX-products.

I just believe people are getting a little more up in arms about this than is rational.

I am one of the people who bought NZSI and I bought it last night. Now it is way way cheaper. It sucks, but that is the way that it is.

Nobody told anyone to pre-pay, or that pre-pay is the best of the best deal you can get. This is a major holiday season, and it is common sense that there will be super deals on the net.I mean crap, REX2.0 is $20, with the offerings of a free upgrade soon....power deal. I am sure there are people who bought it at full price right before the discount happened.

It is just the way it is. For people to believe they are being intentionally being crapped on by a business, for promoting product, and trying to maximize profit, have no idea how business works. Money. Orbx is only here for money....they don't charge for fun. Every business is in it for the money, they advertise and give money off to new customers.....deals like these happen, and will always happen. No price is locked in forever. Someone will always miss out on a good deal.

That`s not the point and the money that could have been saved is also not the point.

You cannot let your customers prepay 8 products and one day after that you make a sale.

As i said above that`s exactly what Aerosoft did with the Bronco.

For me it`s a question of character and simply a good behaviour a company should have for their customers.

That is missing here completely and i feel the way you`ve mentioned---all is about money.

Customer---you don`t like the way i act----doesn`t interest me,i don`t like you but the money i get from you.

Thank you very much for this behaviour!

Michael

I must admit I can see why some people are getting a bit upset! :( .

But please remember that the difference between 15% and 33% is less than the price of a pint of beer in cash terms.

I also think a sale like this one, might enable simmers on low income or who are senior citizens a chance to enjoy this fantastic scenery.

I don't know about Australian laws or laws affecting commerce on an international level, however in Canada a product manufacturer or wholesaler cannot dictate the selling price that a retailer sells a product for. That would be a violation of our competition laws and goes against the principals of free enterprise. All a manufacturer or wholesaler can do is suggest a selling price, but anything beyond that is illegal. Neither can retailers get together and agree to sell a product at the same price without serious legal repercussions.

I know lots of gifts I bought for Christmas at local stores are on sale today for much less than what I had to pay in order to have them under the tree on Christmas morning. This type of sale is to be expected at the end of the year and, while I understand the disappointment, I think many here are over reacting some.

Having said that, I do think it would have been better if FSS had limited the sale to products that were released perhaps 3 or more months ago, but, ultimately it is their choice and they must accept the consequences of whether or not it was a good marketing decision on their part. I am not so sure that ORBX could prevent this sale from happening even if they wanted to in which case they may as well inform us about it, otherwise we would complain about that.

Hi

I also brought NZSI which is fantastic and i think the price for the product was very good on pre-pay.

I buy pre-pay (even though it would be better for to wait for the sales that i knew were coming) to support orbx because they do the best scenery for fsx period.

I have been a member of this forum for 2 years poping in and out and have always never needed to post a problem, because with the help of the developers and users(of this forum), problems are sorted and posted or patched very quickly.

I can understand some body being upset with the time from pre-pay to sale (even though we have not had any comment from John V.'s, so we should all wait and see.)

But what would upset me more if this puts people off paying pre-paying which would hit orbx and all the developers.

cheers

Bad timing on buying a product i dont feel is a reason not to buy from a shop or to pre-order.. waiting almost 3 months for a product key and you tend to give on them and not pass any money to that store again.

The one sale i was waiting for was the captain sim sale.

There is almost the same thing going on over at egosoft forums with X3:AP being released for £10 and then a week or so later being on sale on steam for £2.50

...For people to believe they are being intentionally being crapped on by a business, for promoting product, and trying to maximize profit, have no idea how business works. Money. Orbx is only here for money....they don't charge for fun. Every business is in it for the money...

No. Not money. Relationships. Maintain good relationships and the money flows. Go for money at the expense of relationships and it doesn't. The landscape is full of the skeletons of businesses that put money first.

I must admit I can see why some people are getting a bit upset! :( .

But please remember that the difference between 15% and 33% is less than the price of a pint of beer in cash terms.

I also think a sale like this one, might enable simmers on low income or who are senior citizens a chance to enjoy this fantastic scenery.

Fair points. But a question: since the price difference is so negligible, will you stand me to a pint, then?

I paid for PAKT many weeks ago and now. A few days after release, it is 33% off, 18% cheaper than I got for plunking my money down early? This is not a DVD or an item that will sell out (for those comparing it to retail after xmas store sales).

This makes me feel like a sucker for ordering early. Is this how FTX wants it's customers to feel?

While it is a great deal for others, it is a bad move towards the hard core ORBX supporters who pre order and give ORBX cash flow. From a business stand point this was a very bad move....can't see too many people pre ordering now.

Oh dear, some violent reactions I see here, although Jeroen and Stephen was it really necessary to post 3-4 times each?

Now let me make it clear, this is an Orbx sale, not an FSS sale. It is our annual Dec 27-31 33% off sale that we conduct every single year. Having said that, Adrian forgot to hit the "switch" on his website last night, so the 33% off prices are only just starting this morning AU time.

With regard to the 3+ pages of reactions, most of it negative - I am actually really surprised (and disappointed and very annoyed) at the comments here. Surely you guys cannot be serious? I mean, today I took my sons to the movies to watch Tintin at a large shopping centre. The place was so crowded we could hardly move. Why? Because every single shop had a post-Christmas sale on.

Now take this personal example: I pre-paid for "Need for Speed: The Run" for Xbox 360 for my youngest son. I paid full retail price, in advance, no discount. I just wanted to be sure I got it in time to make it a present for him. But yesterday the same shop was selling the same game $35 cheaper!!! Was I mad? Of course not. I knew that the shop would be selling that game much cheaper on Dec 27th. That was not the point. I wanted it before Dec 25th, so I prepaid for it, and I did not get a discount for pre-paying.

Tell me what is different with the Orbx sale? Nothing. As consumers you should know that both real physical stores and online stores always have post xmas sales. I am frankly greatly surprised at the reaction and I find it offensive to be honest.

I have already made the decision that from 2012 onwards there will no longer be any prepays from Orbx. Why? Because we broke our 6-week rule with the 8 festive season titles and I will no longer take money from customers and not deliver on tme. Never again.

But this sale, is our annual sale, and there should be no cries of "foul" but rather you should be glad that you got to enjoy your new Orbx products before Christmas and had the means to purchase them, why don't you show a bit more grace and be a little more understanding of how commerce works? The people who reacted negatively really do come across as being quite selfish and ungrateful and I am rather angered this morning to be honest.

Regardless, the sale will continue and this topic will be locked.

Archived