Old or new news?

chumley

Lucky me! I waited till Christmas hoping someone from my family would think about FSS Vouchers... So I didn't prepay anything. And now, I'll even get -33% instead of -15%!

Awaiting the 27th eagerly! Thanks ORBX, you're the best!

EDIT: Oh, by the way...

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

Guest J van E

If this offer is true and valid and this sale includes the products that were JUST released, then that would suck terrribly. I can't imagine this is real. That would be totally MEAN to all loyal Orbx-customers who bought loads of products this very december. I even bought NZSI after the pre-paid period... Tell me this isn't real. Please. It can't be. If this is real, then I hope it's only about the products that have been released before the last 'festive season' promotion.

I understand sales like these always are bad news for some people: you always have a few people that just bouht something and miss out on a deal, that's just how it is, but you can't do this after doing that huge pre-pay festive season thing which just ended three days ago and which let a huge amount of loyal customers buy a lot of addons (quite some people bought all 8!)!

Please tell me this isn't true. That would really ruin my 2nd christmas day.

If this offer is true and valid and this sale includes the products that were JUST released, then that would suck terrribly. I can't imagine this is real. That would be totally MEAN to all loyal Orbx-customers who bought loads of products this very december. I even bought NZSI after the pre-paid period... Tell me this isn't real. Please. It can't be. If this is real, then I hope it's only about the products that have been released before the last 'festive season' promotion.

I understand sales like these always are bad news for some people: you always have a few people that just bouht something and miss out on a deal, that's just how it is, but you can't do this after doing that huge pre-pay festive season thing which just ended three days ago and which let a huge amount of loyal customers buy a lot of addons (quite some people bought all 8!)!

Please tell me this isn't true. That would really ruin my 2nd christmas day.

I agree Jeroen, I think this is a bit of a boo boo made by Orbx. There will be quite a few disgruntled simmers around. I'm not too happy either, as I prepaid for four titles :-[

Guest J van E

Well, hold it, let's wait to find out if this is true indeed. Maybe it IS an older banner that got here by accident... ;) Or the new products may be excluded. I honestly can't imagine Orbx would do this.

I think its from last years sale. The banner is here by accident i guess.

Email from last year:

Dear Customer,

To celebrate the holiday season Orbx Simulation Systems is now offering 33% off all of their download products only at The FlightSim Store. Bag a bargain now as this sale is only on for a few short days. There's no better time to complete your Orbx collection with huge savings on 30 different downloadable titles; terrain scenery, high detail airport scenery, aircraft and tweaking utilities.

Sale starts 12:00am Monday 27th of December and must end after 11:59pm on Friday the 31st of December 2010. Start the new year with Orbx and grab more of their world renowned products during this amazing holiday sale!

For a complete list of Orbx products available at 33% off regular prices click here:

http://www.flightsimstore.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=92

I don't believe Orbx have anything to do with this sale. It's entirely down to the reseller (the Flightsim Store in this case) how and when they sell products at reduced price.

Right round the world many stores (online and brick & mortar) are having after Christmas sales for many kinds of products.

Guest J van E

I don't believe Orbx have anything to do with this sale.

Did you read this?

Posted Image

FSS isn't just a reseller. It's Orbx main channel to sell stuff.

I have to say I am VERY surprised. And that's putting it nicely. I am inclined to use various four letter words here and 'love' isn't one of them. Boy, I am mad. Disgusted. The text on that banner is INFURIATING!!! How the hell DARE they to wish us happy holidays and THANK us for our support???

Boy, I am getting more and more angry as I write this. I am pissed off really badly. Happy holidays, well, THANK YOU, Orbx for letting us all down and spoiling my day BADLY. Damnit. Happy holiday my ass. Thanks for ruining my mood this christmas day and don't count on me buying anything again from you very soon.

On one hand, k feel kinda dumb, as I literally bought NZSI at like 10pm last night, and now feel stupid, but on the other, now I guess I can get an AU region pretty cheap....or some PNW stuff.

Let's look at the bright side, this will bring even more sinners to our community here.

If only now I can find the solution issue to my NZSI install I would be a happy camper.

Did you read this?

Posted Image

I have to say I am VERY surprised. And that's putting it nicely. I am inclined to use various four letter words here and 'love' isn't one of them. Boy, I am mad. Disgusted. The text on that banner is INFURIATING!!! How the hell DARE they o wish us happy holidays and THANK us for our support???

Boy, I am getting more and more angry as I write this. I am pissed off really badly. Happy holidays, well, thank you, Orbx for letting us all down and spoiling my day BADLY. Damnit.

+1000 !

I too bought NZSI on pre-pay and now find that I could have saved more by being patient.

HOWEVER, my reaction is not to whine about it being unfair!

My reaction is, "Ha! I should have thought of that - Live and learn."

Life is not fair. Get used to it!

Every time you suffer a set-back, it is an opportunity to learn and to grow personally.

Did you read this?

Posted Image

Yes, I did read that and I know that FSS is Orbx's main channel, however, I still believe that FSS has made the decision to have a 33% sale. Orbx are just advertising the sale.

PC Aviator is also a main reseller of Orbx's products and they aren't selling Orbx products at reduced price. Other flight simulator stores I use which sell Orbx products are having sales but Orbx products are still at full price (other products are reduced).

I can understand the anger, however, I still believe Orbx aren't the ones that decided to have the sale.

It seems to be true. Look at the link below on pages 1 and 2.

http://www.flightsim...ials.php?page=1

The slashed prices you're talking about are normal: it's the 15% discount for DVD pre-pay.

Now, about this sale: I understand the anger, even if I do not support the rudeness some of you showed! That's not the way you'll solve the problem, you have to admit it. It's extremely disappointing, useless, and, excuse me, totaly stupid. And then again: you're probably feeling angry because you think you're stupid, but, hey, that's life: last year, I bought something a couple of hours before the beginning of ORBX May's Madness Sale (and that was a HUGE discount: 44%!). So, sometimes you're lucky, sometimes you're not.

You can't blame ORBX, nor the outstanding quality of their products. This is most probably a decision from FSS, the reseller. Consider this simply as a "Thank you" sale - thanks to anyone who prepaid, thanks to anyone who bought anything this year or even thanks to anyone who has been supporting the team here, on the Internet.

I don't mean to offend anyone, but I really hope that the following posts will be written in a more polite and calm way. It's a real shame that this happens in a such great community as this one.

By the way, if someone thought my previous post was too happy and inappropriate, I apologize; it wasn't meant to tease or hurt anyone, but I can't edit it anymore... Sorry.

Guest J van E

the rudeness some of you showed

The only rudeness I see is Orbx saying 'happy holidays' and 'thank you' and then offering this deal.

I don't feel stupid for buying stuff because I DID expect a sale, but I did NOT expect that sale to include the newest products from the festive season promotion that ended just three days ago. That's just not done. I can't imagine ANYONE expected this and that's what makes this whole deal even more... even more... even more... not good...

This is not very good, not good at all. :mellow: Makes me feel...can't describe it...

...disappointed and sad. Those are the words I am looking for. But, regardless of this, these people are still my friends and friends overlook mistakes. We have all made a lot worse decisions than this, at least I have. I feel certain this is just an unfortunate mistake, not an intentional insult.

Kind regards,

Guest J van E

Don't understand some of the reactions to be honest, after all wasn't the reason you prepaid for those products to help ORBX?

Well you helped ORBX, so where's your problem?

To HELP Orbx...? Er... no, I didn't pre-pay to help Orbx. I pre-paid because I like their products and I want to use them. So there's my problem. ;)

If you want to buy something to help Orbx, don't pre-pay and don't wait for sales but only pay things for the full price. Or even better: donate money.

Anyway, I think it's best to wait for an official reply from Orbx before we make this the longest and hottest topic in Orbx's history. ;)

Unlike a lot of you guys, I'm thrilled! Don't we all know that many FSX add on makers have a big Christmas sale every year, including Orbx? I was waiting for this, or expecting it I should say. Now I don't know what to get. LOL Pacific Fjords, Central Rockies, or NZ. I picked up the new Flight 1 Cessna Skycatcher (Which I fly in real life) to fly in Orbx scenery. Great combo I must say!

Regardless, enjoy what you have and love. Just remember, next year, wait for the sale!!!!! ::)

come on guys this sale might be out of orbx hands and in the hands of the store. As its 33% off everything it looks like a store sale...

Im not buying anything in this sale anyway ( i have my reasons ) but it does not look like an orbx sale.

Archived