Welcome to Snohomish - First S43 Harvey Field Impressions

It's my pleasure to introduce S43 Harvey Field, Andreas' and my latest project for PNW.

Wiki:

Harvey Airfield, a.k.a. Harvey Field, is a small airport located in Snohomish, Washington. The airfield has one 2,750-foot (840 m) asphalt runway, one 2,660-foot (810 m) turf runway and fourteen hangar bays. It covers an area of approximately 76 acres (310,000 m2) and is home to over 350 based aircraft including six helicopters and eight multi-engine planes, and nearly two dozen businesses including a hot-air balloon charter business.

Of course it is work in progress and many details like the runway and apron (Andreas is working on it right now), the sawmill, bridges, signs, lights and clutter are still missing, but we are now far enough to show the first preview pictures. I'll keep you posted about the progress until the December release.

Special thanks go to Jarrad and Russ for their excellent static aircraft models and Graham for the APX (afcad) and the local traffic, as well as all the developers who add those superb models to our library.

We hope you enjoy :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Exceptional. Attention to detail everywhere. Beautiful work

Just one thing Heiko , can you please mow the lawn before uploading. Either that or provide us with a lawnmower ( the ride on type )....erm.....Please !

S43...hello my old friend. I havent seen you since FS9. Been sometime I'd say. You look better than ever. We had plenty of good times in the past havent we. Looking forward to reuniting with you come Dec and creating all new great times. I should add, your new airport management team has done very well in keeping you looking awesome and has really brought out the best in you!

Heiko-

The liberal amount of detailed grass, vegetation work combined w/ excellent object placement of nicely weathered autogen structures certainly puts this one into a very special category...

such realistic ambience combined w/ "nature flow" should place this airport among Orbx all time best-

For the serious simmer craving more realism this one definitely is going to be a "must have"-

Congratulations to you and others at Orbx on hard work well done producing such a stunning result!

Joseph

S43...hello my old friend. I havent seen you since FS9. Been sometime I'd say. You look better than ever. We had plenty of good times in the past havent we. Looking forward to reuniting with you come Dec and creating all new great times. I should add, your new airport management team has done very well in keeping you looking awesome and has really brought out the best in you!

+1

And absolute must have for me.. Yeeh haaa.. good old hervey times are back..!!, from ORBX started PNW I always hoped that they would do this little strip..!

Looks like a potential classic for sure, amazing. Heiko, are you using your enb and shade settings in these preview shots? If so what shade preset for shade? Thanks and awesome looking work there.

Sorry Eric, i forgot - i don't use ENB anymore. The pics are made with the Shade BePrepared1 preset (and REX textures of course) :) .

Sorry Eric, i forgot - i don't use ENB anymore. The pics are made with the Shade BePrepared1 preset (and REX textures of course) :) .

Heiko, happy birthday for one, and two, I just tried out those shade settings and I didn't realize they were in a folder. That's my favorite shade setting so far as it's not too dark and subtle, thanks again.

I was awestruck by these shots at first. And I thought 'wow, I'll definately get this'. But then I looked on Google Earth and saw It's proximity to KSEA :blink:

So, sorry I'll have to give this one a miss unfortunately :(

The FPS are just fine in this area. Specially with the light poles in day mode. If i crank up all settings in the control panel i am still at 25 to 30 FPS (35+ with P3D) with VD autogen. We have so many options for the CP you'll sure find a setting which works great :) .

Thanks again for all your nice comments !

Archived