Global Trees HD

FILOU

1 hour ago, shane2801 said:

Do you need to load this program everytime you load the sim? Or does it load automatically when you start the sim?

You need to run the program to make changes.  If you shut down the sim and restart it later, your last choice of seasons and grasses will still be what you see until you change or remove the textures.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, John Dow said:

You need to run the program to make changes.  If you shut down the sim and restart it later, your last choice of seasons and grasses will still be what you see until you change or remove the textures.

So If I make a change and want to leave it for a couple of months I only need to open to program when I want to change it?

• Like 1

On 8/27/2024 at 11:38 AM, shane2801 said:

Do you need to load this program everytime you load the sim? Or does it load automatically when you start the sim?

Hello,
all MSFS addons work in the same way, by adding folders to the Community folder.
You either manually add the folders, or, as in this case, you are given a program to do it for you.
The program is a configurator, so once you choose your options and add them to the Sim,
that folder will stay the same.
You do not need to run the program ever again, unless, or until, you want to change

the configuration of the trees, or remove the addon altogether.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

all MSFS addons work in the same way

Hi Nick,

so when I install the addon the configurator will be in the addon's folder which as always sits in the community folder

and it can be used from there, is that right?

The community folder is by far the worse they did in msfs, terrible. Just took me 2 hours or so again to figure out

why the HPG H135 had black screens again. Was another freeware heli which is not compatible.

Hello,

so when I install the addon the configurator will be in the addon's folder which as always sits in the community folder

and it can be used from there, is that right?

No, absolutely not.
The program is not to be installed into the Community folder, but into an Orbx Central Library.
From there, the program itself installs the required folder into the Community folder.

For adding addons, the Community folder is in fact the best part of MSFS.
Speaking as Orbx Customer Support person, the number of problems caused by faulty MSFS installations
is a tiny fraction of the number that used to result from the far more complex FSX and P3D methods.

The excellent Addons Linker can be used to minimise the number of addons in there at any point,
thus minimising the chances of conflicts.
Because it is so easy and quick to use, finding conflicting products is made easier too.

• Like 1

From there, the program itself installs the required folder into the Community folder.

Is that the folder for configuration? From where do I call the configuration?

For adding addons, the Community folder is in fact the best part of MSFS.

Don't agree at all. According to my example with the 2 helicopters above the situation is now that I cannot use both addons. 

I have to throw one out of the community folder to make the other work. And I don't want to use an addon linker all the time 

before startup to sort my addons. Addons will be installed and than I start the sim and it must work.

Works in Xplane all the time but in Xplane all the liveries and addon sceneries and aircraft are not scattered in one folder.  

In P3d an aircraft addon will never effect another because I can only load one aircraft at runtime and the addons may even sit somewhere

on the drives in different places, doesn't matter.  You cannot compare it, the P3d system is 100% better.

Hello,
you must do what you think is best.

Just to try once again to explain Global HD trees:

What you download and install with Orbx Central is a program that configures Global HD trees.

If you simply install the program, you will not see the product in MSFS.

You must "Launch" the program and make your choices.
This is called configuration.

Once you have made the choices, click on "Add to Sim" and the necessary folder will only then be added
to the MSFS Community folder.

You can then close the program, run MSFS and you will see the Global HD Trees.

You have no need to open the program again, unless you wish to make (reconfigure) different choices,
in which case, after making those choices, clicking on "Add to Sim" will amend the existing folder in the
Community folder. 
You can then close the program once again.
The next time that you start MSFS, you will see different trees.

To answer a question asked elsewhere, each time the configuration is changed, MSFS must be restarted.
It cannot be done on the fly. 

I'd like to add that conflicts such as described above for the helicopters is possibly because the same name is used for a file in both products. My guess is that the freeware one may have 'borrowed' a cockpit item from the payware one. 

I don't know what products you refer to so it might be a wildly inaccurate guess but I have seen it before. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

You must "Launch" the program and make your choices.

So I assume it's a standard configuration in Orbx Central similar to all the sceneries, you didn't say that.

I will install the product tomorrow.

4 hours ago, John Dow said:

I'd like to add that conflicts such as described above for the helicopters is possibly because the same name is used for a file in both products. My guess is that the freeware one may have 'borrowed' a cockpit item from the payware one. 

I don't know what products you refer to so it might be a wildly inaccurate guess but I have seen it before. 

Hi  John, can well be.

The 2 helis are HPG H135 freeware and Gazelle freeware. The HPG likes very much to switch off everything in case something is not compatible in community folder.

Have to keep the HPG because of the AP. The 2 folders for the Gazelle which are out now are "SA342_Gazelle_v.085" and "SA342_GAUGE".

Have to check for dublicates later, there are a lot of files.

With the community folder I also had the issue before that I want to copy something in, let's say a livery, and it complains

"filename too long" and won't do it.

2 hours ago, andiflyit said:

With the community folder I also had the issue before that I want to copy something in, let's say a livery, and it complains

"filename too long" and won't do it.

When I strike that issue I install it to the desktop and then cut and paste it into the Community folder, and for some unknown reason it works 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, John Dow said:

When I strike that issue I install it to the desktop and then cut and paste it into the Community folder, and for some unknown reason it works 

Thank's a lot, I'll try that next. For any strange reason it's sometimes encrypted there, sometimes I cannot understand what they do.

It's only a flightsim and the files are encrypted. Also the entire folderstructure with the xbox installation and appstore stuff...

4 hours ago, andiflyit said:

So I assume it's a standard configuration in Orbx Central similar to all the sceneries, you didn't say that.

I will install the product tomorrow.

I have explained twice how it works, your assumption is not correct.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

I have explained twice how it works, your assumption is not correct.

Have installed it and it works well.

The button to start the program is in Orbx Central just beside the place where usually is the configuration for the sceneries.

I've done my choice for the vegetation and now I will have a look how it all appears in the sim.

A little from above mainly the trees look much better, so it's really worth the money.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, andiflyit said:

The button to start the program is in Orbx Central just beside the place where usually is the configuration for the sceneries.

weirdly I have a shortcut on my desktop...did I do that?

• Like 1

Just open the desktop icon Global Trees HD and choose the the selections you want, then push the install into sim and it will stay that way every time you start the sim unless you open the icon and select a different type of grass and season. Nuttin to it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wain71 said:

weirdly I have a shortcut on my desktop...did I do that?

1 hour ago, adambar said:

Just open the desktop icon Global Trees HD

As I said above it all works well, no problem. And I also have a desktop icon. And I have a start button in Orbx Central.

Now I can always roll which one to use...🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, adambar said:

Just open the desktop icon Global Trees HD and choose the the selections you want, then push the install into sim and it will stay that way every time you start the sim unless you open the icon and select a different type of grass and season. Nuttin to it.

Yeah all working great for me, not sure why people having issues..