Not going to be just a touch and go.

Taking-Off-KSEX.jpg

Need some altitude.

Over-KSEZ.jpg

Going out over the valley.

Zooming-Out-KSEZ.jpg

Looping Up.

Looping-up-KSEZ.jpg

Over the Top.  Engine quits if I stay inverted but restarts after recovery.

Upside-Down-KSEZ.jpg

Did some decent rolls and a nice hammer head, but that was enough.  This is on base leg  then the final via the backdoor, runway 3, through the "V" in the hillside.

Base-Leg-KSEZ.jpg

• Like 6

Good looking shots, it's a nice scenery there.

Just realized that there is an update from 6.18 to 6.19 and they again want me to download the entire installation file 36 gb.

Do you have the same?

No I updated to 6.19 about 10 days ago.  I got a box that said they were updating 50 files. It took about 30 or 40 minutes to download and install. No problems, it went very smooth.  I have a personal account installation.  A couple of days ago our internet was down for about 24 hours.  A lot of people were down.  Somebody accidently cut a large fiber bundle.  Anyway, P3D would initialize, but was blocked from running.  I got a message that I needed an internet connection.  I knew this but just wanted to see what would happen.  Maybe that's some sort of anti piracy thing.  

I have so much Orbx and other scenery that it takes about seven minutes to load from an SSD.  I have an M2 drive that cuts the load time by over a minute, but the P3D5 installation nearly fills it up.  At some point I'm going to move P3D5 to another drive and move P3D6 to the M2 drive, but for now it works fine, so I am reluctant to mess with it.   If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

On 1/23/2024 at 1:12 AM, Bullfox said:

No I updated to 6.19 about 10 days ago.  I got a box that said they were updating 50 files

Don't know what's going on there. I will skip a few updates because the sim is just wonderful as it is now with the Oceania sceneries. 

Loading times of P3d and Xplane are not affected so much by the drives, my experience. It's the sim itself collecting data, so an area such as KLAX 

in TE is the worse case of course. I have a lot of TE on hdd, loads 6 or 7 minutes as well. Generally I think the sims do not benefit so much from ssd.

The only drive you cannot use at all is a slow usb drive.