Do I have to re-purchase my P3Dv4.5 scenery files to use them in MSFS?

paulrunge

I am considering adding MSFS to my rig for fun since upgrading my PC to "beast rig" .  However, I noticed that I had zero products available in Orbx Central for MSFS.  I own a ton of Orbx scenieries in P3D. Do you really want me to spend hundreds of dollars again to populate MSFS?

That's a big ask, or perhaps I am missing something (hopefully!).

Thanks.

Paul

Have a look in the forum, it's been answered several times. Short answer is yes you will have to buy new scenery. Trouble with software is it doesn't wear out it just becomes obsolescent. Look at it this way, if you bought new horse shoes back in the 1920's you couldn't use them with your new car in the 1950's, different operating system..... 

• Haha 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, paulrunge said:

Do you really want me to spend hundreds of dollars again to populate MSFS?

Hello,
Orbx offer a 20% discount on the already much lower price for any MSFS airport product that
you already own for P3D.
(Please note that this discount does not apply to Partner products).
Many of the Orbx products for P3D are not relevant to MSFS, the Global series and
the True Earth series, for example, so there is no need to buy them again. 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

as said earlier - the simple answer is no!

Just like many of us - if you want MSFS and its numerous benefits - you have to bite the bullet and start buying again - scenery far better than P3D

especially if you are a VFR pilot.

If you have a good machine - then maybe - you can run both systems - as do a number of our forum mates - especially if you have aircraft that has not yet

reached MSFS yet - Orbx will always have your OLD scenery if you do.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, pilot100 said:

Look at it this way, if you bought new horse shoes back in the 1920's you couldn't use them with your new car in the 1950's, different operating system..... 

I love this comparison. It really gave a good laugh.

• Haha 2

well if there is a discount to be applied then open up your Orbx Central app, chose the airport you want and if there is a discount it should show, however I have already bought the one's I had in p3d so I can't see if the discount was given but that's where you should see it...

17 hours ago, paulrunge said:

How to get the 20% discount on MSFS purchases please?

Paul

Hello,
just find an Orbx MSFS airport that you want and that you have in P3D.
The P3D version must be in your Orbx Direct account.
At the checkout, you will have the price discounted automatically by 20%.