One for Nick I think.

Aussieflyer38

Purchased EGSP Sibson Aerodrome 30/07/23 and Orbx charged me AU$26.35, then I noticed that BB and the Market place are selling it for AU$19.45. Could I please get a refund for the difference Nick, or credit me the full amount and I'll purchase it through the Market Place. Thanks.

Don

6 hours ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Purchased EGSP Sibson Aerodrome 30/07/23 and Orbx charged me AU$26.35, then I noticed that BB and the Market place are selling it for AU$19.45. Could I please get a refund for the difference Nick, or credit me the full amount and I'll purchase it through the Market Place. Thanks.

It doesn't work that way. It is quite normal that when developers sell in their own store, it will be a bit cheaper than in all the other places, since those will normally ask for a chunk of the sale price. Hence the higher total price in places like the Orbx store.

If you wanted best price, you should have bought directly from BB, but you won't have the convenience of the Orbx scenery manager.

4 hours ago, mburkhard said:

It doesn't work that way. It is quite normal that when developers sell in their own store, it will be a bit cheaper than in all the other places, since those will normally ask for a chunk of the sale price. Hence the higher total price in places like the Orbx store.

If you wanted best price, you should have bought directly from BB, but you won't have the convenience of the Orbx scenery manager.

Yes I understand what you are saying, and I also understand that Orbx and other stores require a markup, but AU$6.90 is a bit over the top. I have purchased BB scenery from Orbx in the past and never experienced a big markup like this, so hopefully I will get a response from Nick offering a reasonable explanation or alternative a credit, if not I guess I will just have to purchase direct in future and they will lose my business. I prefer to purchase scenery through Orbx where I can, but not if it's going to cost me that much extra. 

I think he's saying caveat emptor. I have found that on several occasions the price has been deeply discounted on the MS shop compared to Orbx/other resellers. Presumably this is because of the bigger comsumer base that MS has resulting in more sales for devs or some sort of promo deal. 

You cannot expect Orbx to refund because the price is cheaper elsewhere. Almost no retail store will do that (although some claim to as a special promo).

So the lesson is check the prices for a product before you buy.

Sorry Don, I think that you will have to cop this one.

• Like 2

The other day I bought some garden items from my local Mitre 10. Happened to be in Bunnings a couple of days later and sure enough, I could have saved about 30% if I had bought from Bunnings. But what I had bought was fair products at a fair price. I certainly didn't think I could ask Mitre 10 to refund the difference. 

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, John Dow said:

The other day I bought some garden items from my local Mitre 10. Happened to be in Bunnings a couple of days later and sure enough, I could have saved about 30% if I had bought from Bunnings. But what I had bought was fair products at a fair price. I certainly didn't think I could ask Mitre 10 to refund the difference. 

Just your opinion John.

On 8/2/2023 at 9:51 AM, pilot100 said:

I think he's saying caveat emptor. I have found that on several occasions the price has been deeply discounted on the MS shop compared to Orbx/other resellers. Presumably this is because of the bigger comsumer base that MS has resulting in more sales for devs or some sort of promo deal. 

You cannot expect Orbx to refund because the price is cheaper elsewhere. Almost no retail store will do that (although some claim to as a special promo).

So the lesson is check the prices for a product before you buy.

Sorry Don, I think that you will have to cop this one.

Actually there are a LOT of stores that price match Brian

Okay guys, here's the thing, I went on the MS market price and should have checked the BB website, but as it was a fresh release, I wasn't expecting it to be discounted, particularly by MS. Sure all stores are entitled to "markup" to cover costs and I have recognised and accepted this in the past, but this time I thought it really excessive by Orbx. So I apologise to Orbx, I incorrectly compared. So now I have that sorted out, those of you with your **@@/ remarks can go and crawl back under your rocks.

THANK YOU B12 for your support, maybe this is why Orbx are losing their supporters in droves.

Don

7 hours ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Okay guys, here's the thing, I went on the MS market price and should have checked the BB website, but as it was a fresh release, I wasn't expecting it to be discounted, particularly by MS. Sure all stores are entitled to "markup" to cover costs and I have recognised and accepted this in the past, but this time I thought it really excessive by Orbx. So I apologise to Orbx, I incorrectly compared. So now I have that sorted out, those of you with your **@@/ remarks can go and crawl back under your rocks.

THANK YOU B12 for your support, maybe this is why Orbx are losing their supporters in droves.

Don

What a shame that this could not ended as it started, a polite discussion.
Please note that no one from the Orbx official side has commented, one way or another.

• Upvote 1