NZ feedback

carlosqr

Queenstown

I don't know if this has to do with Orbx or not but.... here I go

I don't like this color difference

At8p4r8.jpg

Around the airport some textures seem to ovelap and are flat like this one showing cars with NO cars, and the papi lights in wrong position

nTfoFOL.jpg

And there are no buildings.....

BGA8MWG.jpg

BGA8MWG.jpg

dHY8Vok.jpg

VhUWLFG.jpg

Thanks

Carlos

Re mesh.

Without Orbx mesh French Pass is no longer, just wide open ocean with lots of Jettys with boats just floating around where Durville Island should be.

WITH  Orbx Mesh, Perfect, French pass is there normal size and boat jettys are attached to land.

I'll keep Orbx Mesh thanks active meantime until new one is released.  :lol:

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Carlos,

many thanks.
Orbx asked only for "feedback from existing users on their NZ Mesh experience".
I think that you will need to address your other concerns to Microsoft, at their Zendesk.

Hi Nick

Ok noed, then. I'll proceed accordingly

Many thanks

Carlos

Hello Carlos,

I'm guessing that you have another vendor's Queenstown airfield installed over the Asobo one and you have photogrammetry enabled.  I have the same and find that turning off photogrammetry here gives a much better result for both missing objects and terrain colour variation.

For me, the photogrammetry here does not add a lot, anyway.

Charles 

Edited by chasordod

10 hours ago, trevg said:

Re mesh.

Without Orbx mesh French Pass is no longer, just wide open ocean with lots of Jettys with boats just floating around where Durville Island should be.

WITH  Orbx Mesh, Perfect, French pass is there normal size and boat jettys are attached to land.

I'll keep Orbx Mesh thanks active meantime until new one is released.  :lol:

I think this is the type of feedback Orbx is looking for. 

Both finding places where Orbx NZ Mesh is improving WU12, like adding Durville Island, as well as where it causes errors, like water up on the hillside at Milford Sound.

On 2/24/2023 at 12:43 PM, carlosqr said:

So far this is how I found Milford Sound.

... " If you have installed World Update 12 New Zealand, which I assume most people will do, I think Milford Sound looks best right now if you uninstall Orbx NZ Mesh. 

(That should remove both Orbx-mesh-new-zealand and z_airport-nzmf folders from the Community folder.)

If you want to keep Orbx's NZ Mesh installed for another reason, I still recommend manually removing the z_airport-nzmf folder.  That will fix issues at the airport.

Removing the Orbx-mesh-new-zealand folder will remove the Orbx mesh from all of New Zealand.  It also fixes the current water on the hillside at Milford Sound." ...

On 2/24/2023 at 12:43 PM, carlosqr said:

Also do you know why on live weather it turns to winter season?

NZ has only 3 weather stations available to the public without buying subscriptions from NZ Met service. So interpolation is not accurate anywhere in NZ,

outside of NZCH NZWN NZAA.

15 hours ago, carlosqr said:

Queenstown

I don't know if this has to do with Orbx or not but.... here I go

I don't like this color difference

Mostly, Developer  3rd party - NZQN Airport issues,  not fully compatible with WU 12.

For me, this is a bit of a compromise.

First, I wanted a wanted an airfield with more detail within and around the airfield boundaries and found one on the marketplace. It has a compatibility issue with some photogrammetry objects in this update causing most such buildings in the area not to display.

Second, like Carlos, I find the terrain colour difference between default and photogrammetry areas a bit of an immersion killer.

There is more terrain texture detail and more accurate tree cover with photogrammetry on, however.

On balance, for me, in this location, I prefer photogrammetry off. I greatly enjoy the other photogrammetry areas in this update, particularly those covering the three major cities.

Edited by chasordod

21 hours ago, chasordod said:

Hello Carlos,

I'm guessing that you have another vendor's Queenstown airfield installed over the Asobo one and you have photogrammetry enabled.  I have the same and find that turning off photogrammetry here gives a much better result for both missing objects and terrain colour variation.

For me, the photogrammetry here does not add a lot, anyway.

Charles 

Hi Charles

That is correct, I have inibuilds's Queenstown airport installed and photogrammetry enabled.

Interesting comment about turning photogrammetry off, I'll do it just to see the change, thanks a lot

I believe Inibuilds will do an update for this one then as the terrain of the airport looks darker than the area

Thanks a lot for your feedback Charles (namesake)

Cheers

Carlos

18 hours ago, ftxpolo said:

Removing the Orbx-mesh-new-zealand folder will remove the Orbx mesh from all of New Zealand.  It also fixes the current water on the hillside at Milford Sound."

Thank you I have disabled it but haven't go back to test as I was flying other areas to test

NZ has only 3 weather stations available to the public without buying subscriptions from NZ Met service. So interpolation is not accurate anywhere in NZ,

outside of NZCH NZWN NZAA.

Very interesting to know, thanks

Mostly, Developer  3rd party - NZQN Airport issues,  not fully compatible with WU 12.

Agreed, yes I think so as also mention by Charles above

I hope they'll do some updates soon

Thank you so much for your concern

Cheers

Carlos

2 hours ago, chasordod said:

For me, this is a bit of a compromise.

First, I wanted a wanted an airfield with more detail within and around the airfield boundaries and found one on the marketplace. It has a compatibility issue with some photogrammetry objects in this update causing most such buildings in the area not to display.

Second, like Carlos, I find the terrain colour difference between default and photogrammetry areas a bit of an immersion killer.

There is more terrain texture detail and more accurate tree cover with photogrammetry on, however.

On balance, for me, in this location, I prefer photogrammetry off. I greatly enjoy the other photogrammetry areas in this update, particularly those covering the three major cities.

I like to fly with photogrammetry on due to cities, they're priority for me bit in this area there is no big buildings so many it worth trying with it disable, I'll test

I also think my expectations for Orbx's Milford Sound where too high.

We'll test with suggested settings

Thanks

Carlos

14 hours ago, ftxpolo said:

Did you see preview in the end of this video ?

Min 3:07

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9_qr0uaQc8

NZAA is probably one of my favourite developers - ever since their freebie Kalgoorlie A/P and - with one exception - I have all their 

offerings - including a whole raft of NZ freebies. I wish they had done Auckland and Wellington:rolleyes:

Milford Sound - will be an immediate purchase:smile:

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, John Heaton said:

NZAA is probably one of my favourite developers - ever since their freebie Kalgoorlie A/P and - with one exception - I have all their 

offerings - including a whole raft of NZ freebies. I wish they had done Auckland and Wellington:rolleyes:

Milford Sound - will be an immediate purchase:smile:

Agreed

39 minutes ago, Prisco said:

Hi Carlos,

Inibuilds released an update for NZQN. For me all issues gone with terrain and buildings. I've enabled photogrammetry.

Joachim

Thank you so much Joachim

I'll check in which platform I purchased it for the update, I think it was simmarket

Thank you so much!

Cheers

Carlos