OOPS made a boo boo

Aussieflyer38

Got a bit carried away and posted some pics not of Orbx origin (slap on the wrist) :) what I posted was the best detail I've ever seen in a flight sim scenery, Duxford, I'm not sure if I am allowed to post where I got it from, so you'll have to read between the lines Fxxxxxx.tx I wouldn't want those who don't know about it to miss it, and Orbx are not likely to do it. 

Don

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Got a bit carried away and posted some pics not of Orbx origin (slap on the wrist) :) what I posted was the best detail I've ever seen in a flight sim scenery, Duxford, I'm not sure if I am allowed to post where I got it from, so you'll have to read between the lines Fxxxxxx.tx I wouldn't want those who don't know about it to miss it, and Orbx are not likely to do it. 

Don

It is my favourite freeware in MSFS Don :).

• Like 3

I get a lot of free stuff at flightsim.to Don, mostly paints, mods and bush scenery. I'm not much of a large airport person, you see one you pretty much see them all. Small airports are a lot more interesting and unique I think. :)

• Like 4

There are many nice gems on "dot to", including Duxford indeed.
As Adam mentions, there are a lot of good bush strips but also seaplane bases.
The scenery is sometimes of quality which reminds me of the FSX/P3D days of Orbx.

I'm currently having a blast at LOIJ. Not only for the nice little airport but also for the great surroundings provided by MSFS.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, adambar said:

I get a lot of free stuff at flightsim.to Don, mostly paints, mods and bush scenery. I'm not much of a large airport person, you see one you pretty much see them all. Small airports are a lot more interesting and unique I think. :)

Thanks Adam. There is a lot to like at .to. I am a bit of a fancy guy, sometimes I like to fly some big tin into big cities, but much of the time I like the smaller "quaint" airports/strips, yep as you said, unique. :)  

11 hours ago, bvdboomen said:

There are many nice gems on "dot to", including Duxford indeed.
As Adam mentions, there are a lot of good bush strips but also seaplane bases.
The scenery is sometimes of quality which reminds me of the FSX/P3D days of Orbx.

I'm currently having a blast at LOIJ. Not only for the nice little airport but also for the great surroundings provided by MSFS.

Yes mate, I agree, and //42 are helping out here with some of their "campout" series. These are really good fun. Hoping to run into Trent Palmer one day :D

Don

20 hours ago, paulb said:

It is my favourite freeware in MSFS Don :).

Yep, one of mine too Paul. I love these small English airports/strips. Duxford blew me away when I saw it, the detail is incredible. It's a real challenge on some of the smaller airstrips, trying to find the "runway". These are the things that make MSFS really great. :)

• Like 1

One element that I really like of the Duxford one is all the old commercial aircraft in the exhibit area

At some time in the early 60s and 70s - I flew in all of them - sometimes once - the Brabazon - and often

the Viscount from Manchester to Glasgow.

The company that I worked for  - did the engine fire protection in all of them

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Yep, one of mine too Paul. I love these small English airports/strips. Duxford blew me away when I saw it, the detail is incredible. It's a real challenge on some of the smaller airstrips, trying to find the "runway". These are the things that make MSFS really great. :)

I seem to fly from all sizes of airports Don. But, for a bit of relaxation, nothing beats a well detailed small airport, ideally near some mountains or the coastline for me. :)

• Like 2

17 hours ago, John Heaton said:

One element that I really like of the Duxford one is all the old commercial aircraft in the exhibit area

At some time in the early 60s and 70s - I flew in all of them - sometimes once - the Brabazon - and often

the Viscount from Manchester to Glasgow.

The company that I worked for  - did the engine fire protection in all of them

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tigermothpilot said:

John, when you said Brabazon, you must have indeed been in exalted company, as it only made a few flights in the early 50s before the project was cancelled. You don't by any chance mean Britannia? ;)

3 minutes ago, tigermothpilot said:

Edited by tigermothpilot
  • Like 1

Very probably - they both were very similar in my memory - and I didn't actually fly on it - it was static at the time at Ringway

Is that a Brittania at Duxford - because it looks like the one the Queen used when she came home from Africa after the King died

• Like 1