ESSA Stockholm-Arlanda V2. A brief update on the progress.

2 hours ago, Torben Andersen said:

Marketing ESSA as the 'the capital of Scandinavia' is rediculus. Stockholm is the capital of Sweden, period. Scandinavia doesn't have any capital. Furthermore Stockholm Arlanda isn't even the biggest airport in Scandinavia, but ranks as number 3. Orbx ought to have better ways of promoting an otherwise excellent scenery than this.

Torben, it is the official slogan of Stockholm. We didn't make that up. We added it as it's rediculus and quite funny.

Obviously it is not the capital of Scandinavia. I'm from Sweden myself and I had that wording added, even if I do not (and most likely no one else) agree with the fundamentals of that statement (if just ignoring it is not even possible). We live in a beautiful part of the world with great capitals in all the Scandinavian countries, and I guess Stockholm just thought it would be fun to mock with our neighbours.

Next time, please google the term before going for attack. :)

UP_CS_Stockholm_2017.jpg

• Like 7

Sad, that Arlanda has a slogan like this. It only adds to the confusion of what Scandinavia is, the Nordic countries are etc. I understand that you 'just' took, what Arlanda uses and thought of that as funny. But I've met many from abroad, who really gets confused by this. But I accept your explanation.

22 hours ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

Torben, it is the official slogan of Stockholm. We didn't make that up. We added it as it's rediculus and quite funny.

Obviously it is not the capital of Scandinavia. I'm from Sweden myself and I had that wording added, even if I do not (and most likely no one else) agree with the fundamentals of that statement (if just ignoring it is not even possible). We live in a beautiful part of the world with great capitals in all the Scandinavian countries, and I guess Stockholm just thought it would be fun to mock with our neighbours.

Next time, please google the term before going for attack. :)

UP_CS_Stockholm_2017.jpg

That slogan is only a way of attracting more American tourists haha. I liked that you used it for the marketing of Arlanda in MSFS. I hope the sales are good. It's such a beautiful airport scenery.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hej Marcus!

First of all, tack så jättemycket! It is looking great in the sim!

Just a question, for Gate 37 and 41, they have the same jetway type as those on A/B at T5, would there be a chance of changing this?

It is remnants from the days when SAS had DC-10 and B767 on domestic flights from time to time.

You can check this picture for reference.

14054898905_78ec12dd1b_h.jpgPhoto by Egon Johansen, on Flickr

Edited by swedjet

17 hours ago, swedjet said:

Hej Marcus!

First of all, tack så jättemycket! It is looking great in the sim!

Just a question, for Gate 37 and 41, they have the same jetway type as those on A/B at T5, would there be a chance of changing this?

It is remnants from the days when SAS had DC-10 and B767 on domestic flights from time to time.

You can check this picture for reference.

Photo by Egon Johansen, on Flickr

Hejsan!

Good spotting! We had to make some shortcuts with the jetway variation on T4, there are more jetways that have sligthly different configurations with different huts etc and we needed to align it to some sort of standard for time and optimization. The jetway at 37 is, as you mentioned, of a similar type to T5A/B but got a glass wall instead so we would have to make a completely new jetway model just for that type in that case.

Sorry to say there are currently no plans for that, but who knows what the future holds! :)

My key things for a future service packs would focus more on some more ground equipment variation, GSE and approach objects like Arlanda XPO for instance, to spice up the approaches a bit.

Agree though it would have been nice to have the correct jetway variation at T4, but it's not in the current plans at least.

Any enhancement package will most likely be quite a bit into the future anyway, so things might change until then. :)

Hope that answered your question.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

... My key things for a future service packs would focus more on some more ground equipment variation, GSE and approach objects like Arlanda XPO for instance, to spice up the approaches a bit. ...

Additional approach objects like XPO would be great if they could be kept frame rate friendly!

1 hour ago, stiletto2 said:

Additional approach objects like XPO would be great if they could be kept frame rate friendly!

Yeah, it shouldn't be any issues. The extra polygons won't make any difference and we got some spare room on some texture sheets so the virtual memory would be the same anyway. Good way to get some better use of the "left over" space ;)

• Like 4