Files in community not loading into MSFS

Aussieflyer38

As I have said many times before, I am not very clever when it comes to Computers. My knowledge is next to zilch! I like myself to the guy who put a post on Youtube and said "explain it to me in language as if I'm five." :( Thats me :)

Here's the thing. As many of you know, I am installing all my sceneries and aircraft into my new computer with win11. I am having a problem with some files, most are okay. Most are in folders, but six are not, (see attached). I don't know why they are not. All the files I have extracted and put into the community folder that are in folders work okay, the six offenders don't. Could somebody help/explain this to me, as I don't understand why - remember the earlier comment about five year olds when/if you do :D

Thanks for any help.

Don743054576_MSFSCommunityproblemfiles.jpg.173e7193355fc6d0d180cb10635735e3.jpg

When I put my downloaded files (not Orbx) into the Community folder I don't use extract, I just drag the file into the Community Folder via drag and drop.

Just about every download has the folder ready to drag when you double click on it and Winzip or WinRAR opens their window, once in a blue moon you have to go down one level to the correct folder, which should contain a couple of json files and the Content info etc.

• Like 1

Hello,

the six folders marked as "Applications" are things that are designed to be installed, not to be copied and pasted into your computer.

You should remove them from the Community folder and put them somewhere else.

You can then right click on each one and select "Run as an Administrator".

They will each tell you what they want to install and at that stage, you can either let them carry on or close them with no effect on your PC at all.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

the six folders marked as "Applications" are things that are designed to be installed, not to be copied and pasted into your computer.

They will each tell you what they want to install and at that stage, you can either let them carry on or close them with no effect on your PC at all.

Exactly what Nick says :).

One other thing - everything in your community folder (MSFS/W11) must look like a folder. 

Also, you can check whether it is installed by going into Marketplace. At the bottom of that page you can click on 'go to content manager'.

This will show you both 'installed' and 'not installed' files. Sometimes I find a livery (freeware) in 'not installed'.

That is because it is a folder that has the correct folder inside it.

The top folders in the Community folder should all have two json files as well as one or more folders.

I fix this by simply making sure that the (say livery) folder always shows the two jsons when I look at it in Windows explorer.

I hope that makes sense Don?   :unsure::)

• Like 1

put simply - for example - your Ballina Entry - should be - auscene-ybna-ballina which if you right click

on what you have - this will come up and place this in the community folder

do this with the others - or most of them anyway

• Like 1

On 10/23/2022 at 1:01 PM, John Heaton said:

put simply - for example - your Ballina Entry - should be - auscene-ybna-ballina which if you right click

on what you have - this will come up and place this in the community folder

do this with the others - or most of them anyway

Thanks John

On 10/22/2022 at 8:56 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

Thanks Nick, I think that has me on the right track.

Don