Orbx to MSFS purchase.

Aussieflyer38

I just tried to transfer a file (the PAC P750) to send to MSFS. The system won't let me open the file or do anything else with it. As I own it, how am I to send it to MSFS. This is just another problem I'm having with Win11. Maybe someone who runs win 11 can help please. Thanks.

Don

When I install MSFS products bought from Orbx, I look at the install page in direct. That page asks me where I want to install.

I could install in the default Community folder. But to save space on that drive, I created a folder called MSFS Library on another drive. 

You have to create that folder first and give it whatever name you want.

Then Orbx direct can see that folder.

So, I direct Orbx direct to it.

Once orbs identifies that folder it remembers it.

Every time that I install products from Orbx direct I am given the option to download to that folder (or the community folder).

This is all in W11.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

I just tried to transfer a file (the PAC P750) to send to MSFS. This is just another problem I'm having with Win11. Maybe someone who runs win 11 can help please.

To "send" a product to MSFS, open Orbx Central and make sure that Microsoft Flight Simulator is shown at the top.

Navigate to the product's Orbx Central product page and click on install.

Even with the user account setting at its highest, all that you will see is a Windows message asking you if you want "this app"(Orbx Central) to make changes to your device.

Of course, you click on Yes and Orbx Central installs the aircraft.

Close Orbx Central, open MSFS and select the mewly installed aircraft.

A search for 750 will take you straight to it.

No futher intervention is required and no Windows skills.

All of this happens regardless of the Windows version and despite your misgivings, Windows 11 is widely regarded as the best Windows version so far.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paulb said:

When I install MSFS products bought from Orbx, I look at the install page in direct. That page asks me where I want to install.

I could install in the default Community folder. But to save space on that drive, I created a folder called MSFS Library on another drive. 

You have to create that folder first and give it whatever name you want.

Then Orbx direct can see that folder.

So, I direct Orbx direct to it.

Once orbs identifies that folder it remembers it.

Every time that I install products from Orbx direct I am given the option to download to that folder (or the community folder).

This is all in W11.

Thanks Paul, W11 is just so different to W10, I'm having   trouble finding everything, I'll get there in the end

• Like 1

On 10/13/2022 at 5:55 PM, Nick Cooper said:

To "send" a product to MSFS, open Orbx Central and make sure that Microsoft Flight Simulator is shown at the top.

Navigate to the product's Orbx Central product page and click on install.

Even with the user account setting at its highest, all that you will see is a Windows message asking you if you want "this app"(Orbx Central) to make changes to your device.

Of course, you click on Yes and Orbx Central installs the aircraft.

Close Orbx Central, open MSFS and select the mewly installed aircraft.

A search for 750 will take you straight to it.

No futher intervention is required and no Windows skills.

All of this happens regardless of the Windows version and despite your misgivings, Windows 11 is widely regarded as the best Windows version so far.

I've yet to join that club yet Nick. :)

Don

Hello Don,

Windows 11 from Windows 10 is probably the least dramatic update to Windows in many years.

It was more of tuning of the Graphical User Interface, the bit that appears on the screen, than a radical change.

It started with Windows 8, by which, like most people, I was at first taken by surprise.

The use of tiles in the start menu, instead of a list, was the focus of most complaints.

There has been a gradual move towards icons, another word for tiles and now that I finally have an Android mobile

phone and an Android satnav in my car, I understand their value.

The real changes in Windows 11 have been to the way that it works, the bit that you cannot see on the screen.

When I was little, a telephone was a two-piece device, connected by wires to the ground and which only made calls

outside the village if you dialled the operator and asked them to connect you.

This they did by physically moving wires from one plug to another and by speaking to other operators around the country.

Difficult calculations were made on a slide rule and easy ones on a piece of paper, using a pencil.

A loaf of bread cost 9d and the village roads and population were safe enough for my mother to send a six-year-old me to the shop to buy one for her.

For £1, you could buy 26 loaves and have sixpence change.

Today, one loaf of bread typically costs £1.24

When I was 12, you could buy five gallons, nearly 23 litres, of petrol and have fivepence change out of £1.

Today's price for one litre is £1.90, so the same transaction would cost £43.70.

On the downside, if you had a bank account, the bank was only open for four hours a day, Monday to Friday, and closed at weekends.

Outside those hours, you had no access to your own money at all and inside those hours, there was always a long queue for the tellers.

We used to use something called "cash" instead.

Some people used to keep theirs under the bed.

"Cash" would buy things 24/7, although on Christmas Day and other Bank (Public) Holidays, shops actually closed and gave their staff a day off.

Things change and we have had to change with them.

I find that the easiest way, is to just go with the flow.

• Like 3

hi all,

i just deinstalled LOWW purchased at the marketplace (MSFS) and bought and installed LOWW direct from Orbx-central.

Where can i disable the static aircraft in LOWW ? I don`t see any "button" within Orbx central

thx in advance

Edited by OE1CGA

Hello,

because of the way that the airport was modelled, we are told that this is not possible.

Would you like to refund your second purchase?

If so please submit a support ticket, here.

EDIT:

apologies, this is the wrong answer.

The correct answer is this:

that the airport is by Gaya Simulations, over which Orbx have no control
and who have stated that their products comply with the SDK and that they will not be making any changes.

On 10/15/2022 at 4:49 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Don,

Windows 11 from Windows 10 is probably the least dramatic update to Windows in many years.

It was more of tuning of the Graphical User Interface, the bit that appears on the screen, than a radical change.

It started with Windows 8, by which, like most people, I was at first taken by surprise.

The use of tiles in the start menu, instead of a list, was the focus of most complaints.

There has been a gradual move towards icons, another word for tiles and now that I finally have an Android mobile

phone and an Android satnav in my car, I understand their value.

The real changes in Windows 11 have been to the way that it works, the bit that you cannot see on the screen.

When I was little, a telephone was a two-piece device, connected by wires to the ground and which only made calls

outside the village if you dialled the operator and asked them to connect you.

This they did by physically moving wires from one plug to another and by speaking to other operators around the country.

Difficult calculations were made on a slide rule and easy ones on a piece of paper, using a pencil.

A loaf of bread cost 9d and the village roads and population were safe enough for my mother to send a six-year-old me to the shop to buy one for her.

For £1, you could buy 26 loaves and have sixpence change.

Today, one loaf of bread typically costs £1.24

When I was 12, you could buy five gallons, nearly 23 litres, of petrol and have fivepence change out of £1.

Today's price for one litre is £1.90, so the same transaction would cost £43.70.

On the downside, if you had a bank account, the bank was only open for four hours a day, Monday to Friday, and closed at weekends.

Outside those hours, you had no access to your own money at all and inside those hours, there was always a long queue for the tellers.

We used to use something called "cash" instead.

Some people used to keep theirs under the bed.

"Cash" would buy things 24/7, although on Christmas Day and other Bank (Public) Holidays, shops actually closed and gave their staff a day off.

Things change and we have had to change with them.

I find that the easiest way, is to just go with the flow.

Phew! now that's what I call an explanation :)