Is this something new with Central?

carlosqr

Hi

I was just updating Belfast and this Windows installation "window" opned...

It looks odd to me as it has never happened before. Is this something new? Or is it not related to Central but MS?

I just don't like strange unusual windows to open

Also why does it take so long ar the "loading your scenery and (can't remember what is says) but lasts too long at that stage.....

XNX7gli.jpg

Thanks

Cheers

Carlos

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

What is "Nool" and "VDGS"?  Thanks Ed.

Jack 

Visual Docking Guidance System is a system that helps aircraft pull onto stand. Basically replacing the job of a marshaller, Nool Aerosystems is just who created the plugin

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, EasternT3 said:

Visual Docking Guidance System is a system that helps aircraft pull onto stand. Basically replacing the job of a marshaller, Nool Aerosystems is just who created the plugin

Thank you sir.  I wonder if we’ll see this on every download or update now :huh:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Ed Correia said:

That’s the installer running for the Nool Aerosystems plugin that drives the VDGS. If you already have it, that installer should skip straight past. 

Thank you Ed, ok I have several airports that have that feauture

I actually added it for Liubliana so it makes sense then

Thanks a lot

Cheers

Carlos

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

What exactly does this feature actually do?

The captain (as that's the side of the airliner that usually has the steering tiller) guides the aircraft onto stand, following the guidance of the VDGS box, rather than a marshaller.

Here's how a real world VDGS operates.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

The captain (as that's the side of the airliner that usually has the steering tiller) guides the aircraft onto stand, following the guidance of the VDGS box, rather than a marshaller.

Here's how a real world VDGS operates.

Thanks.  So this is modeled in the sim?  Which airport?  The real world aircraft I worked had tillers on both sides.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

The real world aircraft I worked had tillers on both sides.

Yep. I was thinking 737 or Q400 when I said that. Other airliners, e.g. A320 or 747, clearly have two.

10 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks.  So this is modeled in the sim?  Which airport?

Yes it is, great addition to airliner realism.
Aerosoft Brussels, Aerosoft Gran Canaria and obviously Pryeegue's Belfast that are identified (I'm sure I'm missing more). There are other airport sceneries available elsewhere, but it would be wrong to advertise for alternatives while on Orbx's site.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

Yep. I was thinking 737 or Q400 when I said that. Other airliners, e.g. A320 or 747, clearly have two.

Yes it is, great addition to airliner realism.
Aerosoft Brussels, Aerosoft Gran Canaria and obviously Pryeegue's Belfast that are identified (I'm sure I'm missing more). There are other airport sceneries available elsewhere, but it would be wrong to advertise for alternatives while on Orbx's site.

I believe Ben Gurion has it too, can't remember well about others, I don't use it much :lol:

• Like 1