MSFS Cityscape Sydney Performance

Hi guys, 

Its been a while that I've posted on these forums. 

I find that the performance while looking towards the City is severely affected, I've also noticed that there aren't any LODs for the buildings? ( I could be wrong but thats what the LOD checker in dev mode is showing). This could definitely affect the performance. 

Any help or tips would be appreciated. 

Best regards,

Ridvan Celik 

Haven't had any performance issues with the Sydney Cityscape however you do need to ensure your graphics settings are suitable for dense city scenery.  

I usually run the first slider at 80% and knock back from Ultra to High for most settings when moving from bush flights into the cities.

Hi Ridvan and John

Yeap it's been ages Ridvan

I do have a little bit of bad performance but only when I fly over the Sydney football stadium. When I head to that area the sims starts to go like in a little bit of slow camera but that is ithe only area.

Cheers

Carlos

On 11/28/2021 at 10:13 PM, John Dow said:

Haven't had any performance issues with the Sydney Cityscape however you do need to ensure your graphics settings are suitable for dense city scenery.  

I usually run the first slider at 80% and knock back from Ultra to High for most settings when moving from bush flights into the cities.

My system generally holds up pretty well everywhere else, I can fly into Fly Tampas YSSY no issue but as soon as I move the camera towards the City then the frames drop quite a bit... There's definitely some performance issues in Cityscape Sydney on my end anyway.  

On 11/29/2021 at 3:53 AM, carlosqr said:

Hi Ridvan and John

Yeap it's been ages Ridvan

I do have a little bit of bad performance but only when I fly over the Sydney football stadium. When I head to that area the sims starts to go like in a little bit of slow camera but that is ithe only area.

Cheers

Carlos

Hi Carlos, yes been a long time! Yes, when the camera is looking in the direction of the Sydney CBD the frames do drop, like I said, it looks like they didn't use LOD's in their objects from what I can see, using LOD's can certainly increase performance. From what I hear Orbx is teamed up with Asobo for the next world update which is AUS, maybe they will fix up some things with that. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Ridvan Celik said:

it looks like they didn't use LOD's in their objects

Correct, that's true for many objects and I'm working on it. But for a certain reason it doesn't make sense to release an update right now. I can only ask for a little patience - the next update will also contain further changes. :) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, John Dow said:

No, it'll have covid restrictions, you'll have to wait 72 hours after you start the sim before you can go flying over the scenery. 

And if you are not double vaccinated and fly under the harbour bridge you will be in deep doo doo B)

Kevin

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Frank Schnibben said:

Correct, that's true for many objects and I'm working on it. But for a certain reason it doesn't make sense to release an update right now. I can only ask for a little patience - the next update will also contain further changes. :) 

Thank you for clarifying that @Frank Schnibben ! As this is Sydney and I am a Sydney sider, my excitement for further updates and optimizations are pretty full on... so sorry cant have too much patience... haha only kidding. Take all the time in the world to make a great product even better. Once again, appreciate your work and you clarifying everything. 

• Like 1