Orbx/Fullterrain Servers Moving - Phase 2 85% complete

Jay Kae

Posted Image

Dear all,

In the next couple of weeks ALL of Orbx and Fullterrain servers will be moving from the old provider to a new provider as seen above. This provider is actually.... me :) The website above is a temporary placeholder until I get more time to build a nice one but for now it does the job.

I own a dedicated server array which will be providing service, bandwidth and 100% control to anything we do and have to do at Orbx/FTX.

I will not provide small/cheap hosting for I am aiming at the higher end of the market for those who know what they want and see the value of a good dedicated hosting package.

I will update this topic with more info if there are going to be any outages or anything that would inconvenience you as a user.

A special note here as well, I would like to thank John Venema and Adrian both for their support of my company and as one company out there supplies fanatical support, I will supply insanely fanatical support ;)

EDIT

09/06/2010 -- orbxsystems.com moved to my server, please report any unusual behaviour in this topic.
13/06/2010 -- orbxsystems.com transfer complete.
18/06/2010 -- fullterrain.com moved to my server, propogation in progress.

15/06/2010 -- fullterrain.com move will commence.

Yes indeed - Orbx has committed to a five year deal with Jay's new startup company and we're confident that both service and performance will be rock solid as we complete the migration over the coming weeks. We wish Jay the best of luck with his new venture!

Good luck with the new venture Jay. FTX and OzX are in safe hands.

Don't know too many other people who pull the hours you do during a major release.

Cheer Mate

Trev

Edit : oh and the new webite and banner are awesome  :)

Congrats and all the best with the venture Jay ... we're with you all the way!

With competence comes success ... therefore it is assured.  You won't need luck, but may it be with you anyhow.

Cheers mate.

Guest J van E

Oh phase one almost complete, original topic updated please report any unusual behaviour here.

Is there a possibility that posts might be erased or deleted or whatever due to the moving...? I posted a Congrats-post in this topic, but it's gone. No big deal, but I wondered if this is possible: maybe a post can disappear when you post something at the exact moment the specific topic is being moved...? Or something like that. (I clearly don't know much about servers and how they work... ;) .) I also noticed the list of Unread posts was shorter than it usually is, so... I just wondered.

Guest J van E

No, there was a lapover period so unfortunately your post lives in the depths of the old database, sorry about that.

LOL No problem at all, but it's good to know, also for others (who might have posted more important things ;) ).

09/06/2010 -- orbxsystems.com moved to my server, please report any unusual behaviour in this topic.

- One of my post replies in the "Concrete Hotel"- thread vanished of yesterday evening  (early morning Australian time).

- I have older unread posts listed which I have read already

Cheers

Archived