Just the one ....

renault

The end of the day, both for the sim and for me.

After 3 days of startup CTD's , not  caused by MS2020 but rather a Nahimic update , all is forgiven.:)

It's a quirky sim sometimes and at others it will drive you to distraction, but gosh I love it to bits when its working nicely :wub:

Cheers

R

KSBA

Flight-Simulator-2021-08-20-17-18-47.jpg

20 hours ago, BradB said:

Beautiful shot Pete , I guess I have been lucky ; in the last year I have had a grand total of

TWO CTD’s with the Sim . :):D

Thanks John :)

Actually I would count on one hand the number of times I have had an problem

In SU5 , it is non scenery addons (liveries sometimes etc.) that haven't been updated that cause issues.

The audio product was interesting though as it worked absolutely until it was updated this last time.

The windows event viewer is easy to use and basically will help you to pinpoint exactly what was causing the problem.

Worth its weight in gold, when you have issues.

Or if you want to make it very much easier, just type maintenance in the search window. The Security & Maintenance app will pop up. click Open.

then click the dropdown arrow for maintenance, and then click View Reliability History.

You will then get a nice graph by time which will have a red circle with a little x on it  under Application failure which is where you had the failing app. Put your cursor over the red circle, it will then change to a hand and click it.

Below the graph  under critical events you will see a line with the Flightsimulator.exe . It will give you info on the time and date of failure and at the far 

right hand side , under Action, you will see in blue lettering View technical details. Click that and you will then have a page which will describe exactly what happened to cause MS2020 to crash. Bit of "googling" for the exception code and you will now have the reason and any other programs, .dlls etc that were the root cause are also listed .

It actually is much easier to do than the description.   

Cheers

Pete

17 hours ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Magic shot Pete, beautiful sky, and love the way the marshall is lit up with the landing lights

Don

Thanks Don

It is quite neat  to see.  I always wondered why they always seem to be wearing sunglasses

Now I know - grin :lol:

Cheers

Pete

14 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine shot Pete.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain

Cheers:)

Pete 

14 hours ago, John Mac said:

One sweet shot Pete!

John.

Thank you John

Flying through the thunderstorm to get here, was a bit of a challenge though :(

Cheers & thanks again!

Pete

10 hours ago, wain71 said:

great shot Pete, lucky here to as I think the only 3 CTD's I have had in MSFS were caused by my impatience and pressing buttons to quick and changing settings to much just to see what happened......

Thanks Wayne. I'm pleased you enjoyed it.

That will do it. :D

I've been there as well :)

Cheers

Pete

8 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Outstanding shot Pete.  I have never had a CTD in MSFS, probably because my settings are pretty basic.

Hi John

Thank you :)

I've actually never had an issue with settings. 

As I explained above , it almost invariably caused by a misbehaving addon. 

SU5 changed many things and a lot of developers (mainly freeware) just haven't had a chance to catch up. 

But like everything , it will get all sorted out and then it will be good.

Cheers!

Pete

14 hours ago, adambar said:

Outstanding shot there Pete! :)

Thank you Adam :)

See you

Pete

7 hours ago, Taph said:

Fine shot Pete and thanks for information on maintenance pop up

Thanks Taph:)

And you are most welcome. The event viewer is very comprehensive, but the maintenance window gives the same info and is

much easier to use.  

Cheers

Pete

Archived