Orbx PC & Xbox 'cross-buy' options to be available?

18 minutes ago, craigeaglefire said:

Hi Orbx,

can you please advise if there will be any pathway for already purchased (via Orbx Central & Direct) Orbx PC addons to be available as 'cross-buy' discounted versions for the Xbox?

Craig = Already asked the boss

Edited by John Heaton
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, craigeaglefire said:

Thanks, John

I guess we are waiting on confirmation from 'above'...

even wondering about a Series S Xbox as a backup for MFS (they are available in Oz now)...

I just made a comment to Wayne71 on the subject - I have watched a number of videos comparing the S and X

Conclusion was ---  I gain nothing from the S compared to my mid range PC  - but the  X is so much better and other 

comparisons show that the X is around the best PC power in 4KHDR10

Although in OZ the difference is $250 - I will keep hoping one will come to me one day - and meanwhile - I'll Low and slow VFR

in 2020  - and Fly all my oldie birds in a Mass of Orbx goodies in my 50" HD - and keep my 43' 4K until someone higher smiles at me

Yes, @Nick Cooper

quoting Anna:-

Our understanding is that if you currently own one of our products on PC, and that same product is available on Xbox, you will get it "for free."

I quickly responded with emoticon at the time,

just simply asking where this is at - now MFS is released for Xbox Series X/S…

Kind regards

34 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

do you have an X Box and if so, have you tried buying an Orbx product that you already own?

no Xbox until I can verify the status of my current PC Orbx products library to be made available ‘for free’  for my potential Xbox library,

then I will make my Xbox purchase decision…

11 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

the CEO has already made the intention clear

is that bankable?

if so - then I can make Xbox purchase decision…

please advise if I can proceed with transferring all my current MFS Orbx licences for PC addons to Xbox now - ‘for $free’…

I am guessing that Orbx is on Marketplace within the Xbox enviroment, so if it's compatible it should be available in Sim and this is how it gets installed....how does Marketplace know I have it in Orbx Central? Monday I was in sim on my Xbox, I bought Carenado C170B, the next day when I was in sim on my PC it downloaded the plane, but my guess is if you didn't buy the initial version from Marketplace this won't happen?

I hope that makes sense....

@wolfko

yes, quoting Anna (from June 2021):-

Our understanding is that if you currently own one of our products on PC, and that same product is available on Xbox, you will get it "for free."

it is now August 2021 & MFS for Xbox Series X/S is released now…

what is my guarantee? - that if I purchase an Xbox X or S now - that my Orbx PC library will automatically be freely available on said new Xbox now?

just asking for Xbox pre-purchase clarification…

14 minutes ago, craigeaglefire said:

@wolfko

what is my guarantee? - that if I purchase an Xbox X or S now - that my Orbx PC library will automatically be freely available on said new Xbox now?

just asking for Xbox pre-purchase clarification…

There is no guarantee yet. We have to accept this.

12 hours ago, Spacewolf1 said:

He can't.

You MUST buy on in-game store (external store as OC are exclude) on Microsoft Store (PC or Xbox) version (Steam version is exclude).

Since I started this thread elsewhere and commented here - I feel that I must comment further - and agreeing with what Nick said

When asked the question sometime ago - Anna made it clear - the intentions of Orbx were to somehow integrate our current P.C. purchases

for those of us who intended to go to X Box Series X  sometime in the future.

Every man and his dog on this forum should know by now that I am a big fan of X box - and every intention of doing most of my flight simming

via the console - with the exception of certain uses of P3D and X Plane that MS2020 cannot give me - and only needs my mid range PC to enjoy.

particularly my huge aircraft hangar of older type aircraft

Being the impatient bloke I am - and I can't get my hands on a console - due to the shortages -  I have purchased quite a number of Orbx  scenery

and Just Flight aircraft - because of the simple fact that I have been purchasing "stuff" from both these companies for in excess of 15 years  - and they

have never let me down - so I trust them.

What has become fairly obvious since last August - is that Orbx and other major developers have made 2020 what it is today - and the size of peoples

Community Files - further indicates the reliance - of the future of the sim - on said developers and cadre of free developers

Now we have an X Box version at last - BUT - and it is a big BUT - does the X box version - include all the multitude of these scenery -etc- addons

used in the PC - EG. the Orbx Cityscapes - Airports - the aircrafts from Aerosoft - Miviz - Flying Iron - etc ???

I don't - know the answer - but unless said developers have done a deal with MS that the industry is aware of - I doubt it - and if that is the case - then

the X Box will fail to grow as MS have forecast recently

Microsoft needs these developers - to grow X box users to flight simming - and need the sim to be developed for both PC and Consoles - on the way they

have been spruking -  the massive developments -  in the use of gaming - and methods

My conclusion - MS and the developers are still crossing the "T" and the "I's" of a deal to do what the user - ME!! - expects them to do - to give us the sim 

we have started to enjoy - based on developers - and maybe a solution on the ines of the current 3rd party Community file - a MS Official file - and a paid

developer file - used by Orbx Central and others. A monetary adjustment made to MS.

Whatever happens - if I cant get get what I have already purchased for Orbx PC  - then so be it - it wont be the fault of Orbx for not trying and I will still use my 

games pass to use a limited Flight sim on the console

Now - where can I get my Hands on an X box series X :D

• Upvote 1

Anna have intentions, yes... and it's only intentions...

Asobo and MS have their position, and it's clear: only purchase on ingame store from MS version can be transfer to Xbox version (and they let to dev the choice to do this and if it's for free or not).

You really think that MS will accept to not touch commission on sales for Xbox ? You really think that MS will accept external content for its console ? Return to reality and business. Xbox is a closed and controled environment, it's not an "open" PC.

And you wrong on 2 points:

- MS needn't dev as Orbx for FS. It's Orbx that need MS (or Lockheed Martin for P3D) for exist.

- target of FS isn't simmer. You think as a simmer veteran. You don't understand that with FS2020 Asobo / MS don't target you, they target general people and casual that research to do tourism or stroll every where... not do flight simming. They have a much bigger vision than the niche of simmer.

On 8/5/2021 at 5:32 AM, John Heaton said:

Since I started this thread elsewhere and commented here - I feel that I must comment further - and agreeing with what Nick said

When asked the question sometime ago - Anna made it clear - the intentions of Orbx were to somehow integrate our current P.C. purchases

for those of us who intended to go to X Box Series X  sometime in the future.

Every man and his dog on this forum should know by now that I am a big fan of X box - and every intention of doing most of my flight simming

via the console - with the exception of certain uses of P3D and X Plane that MS2020 cannot give me - and only needs my mid range PC to enjoy.

particularly my huge aircraft hangar of older type aircraft

Being the impatient bloke I am - and I can't get my hands on a console - due to the shortages -  I have purchased quite a number of Orbx  scenery

and Just Flight aircraft - because of the simple fact that I have been purchasing "stuff" from both these companies for in excess of 15 years  - and they

have never let me down - so I trust them.

What has become fairly obvious since last August - is that Orbx and other major developers have made 2020 what it is today - and the size of peoples

Community Files - further indicates the reliance - of the future of the sim - on said developers and cadre of free developers

Now we have an X Box version at last - BUT - and it is a big BUT - does the X box version - include all the multitude of these scenery -etc- addons

used in the PC - EG. the Orbx Cityscapes - Airports - the aircrafts from Aerosoft - Miviz - Flying Iron - etc ???

I don't - know the answer - but unless said developers have done a deal with MS that the industry is aware of - I doubt it - and if that is the case - then

the X Box will fail to grow as MS have forecast recently

Microsoft needs these developers - to grow X box users to flight simming - and need the sim to be developed for both PC and Consoles - on the way they

have been spruking -  the massive developments -  in the use of gaming - and methods

My conclusion - MS and the developers are still crossing the "T" and the "I's" of a deal to do what the user - ME!! - expects them to do - to give us the sim 

we have started to enjoy - based on developers - and maybe a solution on the ines of the current 3rd party Community file - a MS Official file - and a paid

developer file - used by Orbx Central and others. A monetary adjustment made to MS.

Whatever happens - if I cant get get what I have already purchased for Orbx PC  - then so be it - it wont be the fault of Orbx for not trying and I will still use my 

games pass to use a limited Flight sim on the console

Now - where can I get my Hands on an X box series X :D

Good luck getting an XBox X took me over 4/5 months to get my son one. Also got him a Samsung 32” 4K Monitor to go with it. Don’t give up because MSFS looks sensational on the XBox X (performance is a dream).

My understanding was if you bought an Orbx product from the microsoft in game store you will be able to use it for free when it becomes available. 

If you bought from Orbx central on PC it will not show up on XBOX because they are separate stores. 

The question is if Orbx will provide a purchase code to reacquire it through the in game store?

chris

Edited by chrisdkramer
  • Like 1

But I have already bought my Aiports for England for the Xplane 11. Some USA airfields also etc.

Now the second time in the obrx central for the MSFS. Should I really pay her a third time? :unsure:

Kind regards

Mike

Hello,

the announcement does seem to state the intentions quite clearly.

On the subject of paying for things many times over and this is just an observation:

Anyone who bought FSX when it came out and then progressively bought each newer version,

FSX-SE, P3D v1, v2, v3, v4 and v5 will be well accustomed to buying the same thing many times.

Of course, each version is a development of the last and that is what is paid for.

In this case, the clearly stated intention is that if the version is the same there would be no charge.

At that point, no one knew if work was required to make the products compatible with XBox

or not and so far, I don't think that has been answered.

I realise that it is unrealistic to ask you not to speculate but I am certain that as soon as there is a

definite answer to this question, Orbx will be only too delighted to publish and then implement it.

• Like 2