Are Orbx scenery MSFS2020 SU5 ready?

Wise87

Landmarks London City is not compatible since SU5, it freezes the sim when loading a flight at London City airport. Others on the FS forum have reported it crashes the sim when entering London from outside.

The London City Airport scenery is ok.

Edited by DaftnDirect

Hi, I've got London Landmarks, bought in the FS2020 Marketplace (a definite mistake on my part).  It also seems to be causing me problems with CDTs when taking off from the default EGLC.

I guess I'll have to wait for Orbx to come up with a fix, then another month for MS to pass it on to me in the sim. 

Same here and on my mates pc, we both have London city airport and London landmarks and it freezes the game on the loading screen when you select London. I normally have to restart my PC. However if you select London on the new virtual tour it runs fine, but that’s not using the Orbx packs.

Edited by Nutloose

4 hours ago, DRS27 said:

Hi, I've got London Landmarks, bought in the FS2020 Marketplace (a definite mistake on my part).  It also seems to be causing me problems with CDTs when taking off from the default EGLC.

I guess I'll have to wait for Orbx to come up with a fix, then another month for MS to pass it on to me in the sim. 

Thanks

The common denominator seems to be the Marketplace version causing CTD's. Not sure what Orbx can do about that?

Those of us that installed via Orbx Central do not seem to be having these issues, I sure don't.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

the Marketplace version causing CTD's

OK, Thanks.  Looks like Asobo have screwed up in yet another area. 

They now have so many things to sort out (for XBox users as well as PC), it's going to be quite a while before we get back to where we were just a few days ago, if we ever do.

3 minutes ago, DRS27 said:

OK, Thanks.  Looks like Asobo have screwed up in yet another area. 

They now have so many things to sort out (for XBox users as well as PC), it's going to be quite a while before we get back to where we were just a few days ago, if we ever do.

If buying from marketplace is the culprit than it looks like MS has screwed it up, not Asobo.

6 minutes ago, wolfko said:

it looks like MS has screwed it up, not Asobo.

Well, both MS and Asobo, really.  Somehow, the download from the marketplace is either different, or installed differently in the sim.  Before the update implemented by Asobo, this difference did not matter, but after the update it does.  It's not obvious where the coding fault lies, but it certainly was not picked up by Asobo in the pre-release testing they did.  Or if it was picked up, it was ignored.

The beta testers are of course subject to an NDA, so cannot confirm whether or not they reported it.

33 minutes ago, DRS27 said:

Well, both MS and Asobo, really.  Somehow, the download from the marketplace is either different, or installed differently in the sim.  Before the update implemented by Asobo, this difference did not matter, but after the update it does.  It's not obvious where the coding fault lies, but it certainly was not picked up by Asobo in the pre-release testing they did.  Or if it was picked up, it was ignored.

The beta testers are of course subject to an NDA, so cannot confirm whether or not they reported it.

So, what are we learning from all that? We should always speak to the organ grinder (Orbx Direct), not to the monkey (MS Marketplace). ^_^

Edited by wolfko
  • Haha 2

Agreed.

As I said in my original post:

10 hours ago, DRS27 said:

bought in the FS2020 Marketplace (a definite mistake on my part)

I've always had to wait several weeks after Orbx issued an update before MS got around to releasing the update on the Marketplace.

I won't make that mistake again.

Well, KBUR is good news/bad news.  The good news is - it doesn't seem like SU5 has messed anything up.  Bad news is - it's still as messed up as it's always been as well documented in other threads with seemingly no care to fix.  No ILS on 08, ATC always forces you into visual 15 approach regardless of plan filed.  And still, no parking available when landing.  I guess the devs gave up on this one long ago...sad because it's so pretty.

On to testing the next couple.