London Landmarks Pack not compatible with MFS London photogrammetry

2 hours ago, gundamf91 said:

So It mean that I have to use scenery without photogrammetry function? Is that right Mister?

Hello,

it means that what is showing in your image is Asobo photogrammetry.

It has nothing to do with Orbx or the London landmarks scenery which is entirely made up of scenery objects.

If you do not like the look of the Asobo photogrammetry, you have the in-game option of switching it off.

• Thanks 1

Further to my earlier submission, I have now had a successful flight without CTD by turning photogrammetry off. So my current guess is that Orbx London and Bing Photogrammetry (or the way Asobo interprets it) have a clash.

Is there some way that you (Orbx that is) can turn off default photogrammetry in your sceneries? You know, something like FSX addon sceneries could switch off default meshes and scenery configurations...

@Nick Cooper I think this is what @gundamf91 also had concerns about...

It is somewhat of an inconvenience to have to remember to turn off photogrammetry before you approach a cityscape - leave it too late and you get a CTD and when you leave the area you have to remember to switch it back on. Especially in the case of flying from London to Booker because without photogrammetry, the areas just outside Booker tend to look a bit bare and flat.

• Thanks 1

Actually I would imagine that London Objects +LCY and the photogrammetry would make an awesome view in the Sim, which is why I actually bought it in the first place. If I had to deactivate the photogrammetry it would be like P3D, which is what I abandoned since MSFS2020 was released. Same goes for Paris, which also causes issues around La Defense. 

Kind regards. 

• 2 weeks later...

I did a bit of exploring around the City and found some weirdness. On the first pass, I'd get areas where no autogen buildings would be drawn at all - just the satellite tile showing. However - after flying on a little and then [physically] turning back, they'd be populated as per usual.

No amount of panning/scrolling makes these buildings appear on the first pass. Even pausing/unpausing the sim (to take screenshots) didn't do the trick. This was all with LOD at 2.00 and all object sliders maxed out.

Annoying as it is, I suspect this is one of the SU5 "pop-up" bugs mentioned in many posts all over the place - rather than something at fault with the Orbx addon(s). It must be pretty frustrating, being a scenery developer, to have so much hard work spoiled by the core sim after an "update".

I have the same issue as others, click 'Fly' and the loading bar hangs.  I had this for the London discovery flight, but also pretty much any airport near London (e.g. EGSG and EGMC).  Tried deleting all manual cache, rolling cache, emptying Community folder, deleting content.xml.  No joy on any front.  The only solution was to uninstall the packages (both EGLC and London Landmarks) and everything works fine now ... except that I've paid for an addon that I can't use!

Everytime I load the sim, I check those uninstalled packages to see the release date hoping a new one would have come out, and when I don't find it, I come here looking for an update on a fix, but there is none, and it's starting to really grate.  It's been well over a month now since sim update 5, is there no official word on this yet?

FYI, these are in-app marketplace purchases.