Catalina Island - Off The Beaten Track & a Graphics Query

I decided to take a chopper over to Avalon & have a look at the inhabitation either side of the town.

It did throw up some graphics issues, which I refer to in the last shot.

TTM (MSFS)

Surely the banner on the Porta-Loo is not a commentary on MSFS??:)

aa-1.jpg

Ridge running towards Avalon

aa-2.jpg

Past Avalon, at dawn.

aa-3.jpg

Same shot, set to dusk.

aa-4.jpg

This is the issue I came across when I got closer to the storage tanks. Obviously the housing should be wider than it is & I think some foreground items are missing.

I don't have a top of the line video card, (6GB RAM), but have 32GB of RAM & an I7-10700F CPU.

Up to now I have been able to run Graphics Global Rendering at 'High' without visual miscues.

Anyone have any idea what might be causing the issues below? Any settings I could try?

aa-6.jpg

Well spotted, MSFS uses AI to calculate everything from pebbles, grass, trees, outhouse, henhouse, sh..house building, boat from the PR, sometimes it has a meltdown and what you see there is an example, if hasn’t learnt to recognise fuel tanks laying horizontal. So it went for long skinny houses, once it learns that long skinny houses are incorrect it will hopefully choose fuel storage tanks, it is learning all the time so there is hope.

Love that sunrise shot, Catalinas landscape is great for these early morning,evening shots as the sparse vegetation exposes the ground to reflect the colours magnificently.

cheers

Beautiful images and those buildings are the Catalina Anorexia Recovery Centre admission wards.:huh:

The big round ones are individual rooms for those who have recovered.:o

The Porta Loo actually doubles as a flight simulator but for heavens sake avoid any severe turbulence and never ever try to loop the loop!:ph34r::wacko::lol:

3 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Beautiful images and those buildings are the Catalina Anorexia Recovery Centre admission wards.:huh:

The big round ones are individual rooms for those who have recovered.:o

The Porta Loo actually doubles as a flight simulator but for heavens sake avoid any severe turbulence and never ever try to loop the loop!:ph34r::wacko::lol:

I have a another colonoscopy in July , the Porta Loo / Simulator could be exactly what I’m

looking for ..........:blink::(:lol:

15 hours ago, Ken Hall said:

Well spotted, MSFS uses AI to calculate everything from pebbles, grass, trees, outhouse, henhouse, sh..house building, boat from the PR, sometimes it has a meltdown and what you see there is an example, if hasn’t learnt to recognise fuel tanks laying horizontal. So it went for long skinny houses, once it learns that long skinny houses are incorrect it will hopefully choose fuel storage tanks, it is learning all the time so there is hope.

Love that sunrise shot, Catalinas landscape is great for these early morning,evening shots as the sparse vegetation exposes the ground to reflect the colours magnificently.

cheers

Thanks for the insight. I hadn't realized how much AI there was in MSFS.

Did you put horizontal tanks in KAVX & AI changed it to skinny houses, or was there an empty space there & AL filled it with the houses?

Perhaps you need a disclaimer on your product - "Anything weird is probably AI" :)

TTM

Archived