KAVX Catalina

Okay Ed, i will check this out! I thought it was a part of the KAVX scenery....

Kind regards,

Bouwe

Just checked. It was one of my addons, nothing to do with KAVX scenery!

BTW beautiful scenery!!

Regards.

Edited by bbking

So far Guys I found 2 anomalies at KAVX. this is probably due to the elevation Adjustment ASOBE/ MSFS did to elevations on the Latest update.  1) Some AI aircraft and vehicles are either bunched up into each other , or sunken into the terrain. and 2) the Taxi way to runway from the terminal parking is not flat ans smooth but following the terrain contours out to the runway. 

other that than., the scenery is beautiful. 

Thanks

catalina.jpg

Edited by FireRx
  • Like 1

Well done Orbx, the airport and surrounding areas are exceptional.  I love the final approach in particular as it looks photo realistic for the most part. The only disappointing aspect is the excessive coast/shoreline LOD morphing/pop in. It does kind of detract from the otherwise beautiful scenery. I wonder if Orbx could combine products by creating their custom airport but also include terrain mesh out to a reasonable radius of the airport combined in the package. I thought the NZ mesh was incredible in minimising otherwise distracting terrain morphing.  I get that ultimately this is down to Asobo to fix, but it is such a shame in this case as it impacts Orbx’s great work on KAVX. 

12 hours ago, kerrygipe said:

What did you do? I have both issues with my installation.

If you install freeware addons, always check to make sure you don't have one the covers the same area as the scenery you just purchased. You will end up with models on top of one another and all sorts of other weirdness that others won't be able to reproduce.

20 minutes ago, Seanmo said:

If you install freeware addons, always check to make sure you don't have one the covers the same area as the scenery you just purchased. You will end up with models on top of one another and all sorts of other weirdness that others won't be able to reproduce.

Yup, there was another. I have not tested it yet but I am sure this will fix it. I knew I had a Catalina scenery there already, and I did remove it prior to installing the Orbx version. I did not realize that there was actually a second installed I had forgot all about. Thank you!

• Upvote 1