Turismo classico

I went by helicopter from Rome Ciampino over the city to the FTX-upgraded airfield Urbe.

P2SU0nK.jpg

Well done, Orbx, and for free!

wDV6vXG.jpg

Not for free is the cityscape, but required. Under the belly of the Diamond you can see railway station Termini. Right below it is the Colosseum, left below that the Forum Romanum, ending at the Monumento Vittorio Emmanuele II and the Trajans markets. Right of this ensemble are the Palatin gardens and the Circus Maximus.

a8lWeez.jpg

Under the port engine in this picture is the Vaticano, directly under the plane the Castel Sant´Angelo. It is not possible to name the sights in the city center on the peninsula below, but you may see the round Pantheon temple with the hole in the roof?

7AoTDbe.jpg

We leave Rome to the south...

5eYxJnP.jpg

... over the fields near Latina...

kt6PSU3.jpg

... and across some more hills.

NqXjWuX.jpg

xCgeNb8.jpg

Finally we arrive at a big and famous hill.

uAirevd.jpg

GXefEjY.jpg

The ancient town of Pompeji was here - until August 24, 79. On that day the famous eruption of the Vesuv began.

fWjZKT1.jpg

Today it looks peaceful.

gYUwVPH.jpg

Its profile is impressive even in the GPS! Time to land and hike...

9rKWRNi.jpg

10 hours ago, TerribleT said:

Lovely shots indeed!

Thank you TT!

4 hours ago, adambar said:

Beautiful shots and a great tour Gerold! :)

Thanks Adam. Sometimes we must do a bit of virtual touring...

2 hours ago, mikee said:

Impressive shots Gerold , well done :)

Thank you Mikee. I come close to you in vrtual, but I am now going to turn back...

22 hours ago, boetie said:

You've done it again Gerold, one set of magnificent shots! Glad you shared them.

Cheers

Graeme :)

Thank you Graeme. With some little add-ons the scenery looks great.

18 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Super shots Gerold!!!!!!!!!!!!  Enjoying your tour!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you going on to Sicily?

Thanks John. Wait and see... but: no. I´ll turn back north now.

14 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Plenty of magic on this mystery tour Gerold.

Now where to I get the ticket for the next part of your extravaganza?:unsure:

Thank you Martyn, but that is no magic, just OLC, a cityscape, a lot of history and the memories of travelling to Rome.

As per the ticket: Please advise a bitcoin to my accouont on the British Virgin Islands, the ticket will then be faxed to you.

13 hours ago, BradB said:

Well done Sir , well done ........

Cheers

John

Thank you John. How great was the chance to see and hear Sir Paul playing in Hanover last year. Due to the unfortunate circumstance the concert was cancelled and we had to fight to get our money refunded from Eventim. Yes I have to blame this company, even here.

Archived