EGLC - missing apron texture - HELP!!

eglc-bug.jpg?dl=1

Looks like I'm missing an apron texture. This occurs at EGLC (and with the odd other airport) - with all sceneries/mods etc. removed from the Community folder.

Any ideas which texture it might be? It's probably a core MSFS texture, as reinstalling and/or verifying EGLC didn't fix it.

H-E-L-P!!

Adam.

After doing a bit of digging around, it appears I may be missing the CEMENTDIRT01 texture (maybe among others??).

I think it's a core Asobo file - and wonder whether it somehow got wiped with recent MSFS scenery updates.

Would anyone out there have any ideas?

Hello,

I don't think it can have been the Asobo update, or I would be seeing it as well.

3.jpg

I can't find that texture anywhere, either in the OneStore folder or in the Community folder.

I don't suppose you have any addons that affect the core files?

Many thanks, Nick. This is becoming a real mystery!!! I've tried with a completely empty Community folder - and with all caches cleared - and still get it.

The same texture (at least I think it's the same one) crops up in a couple of freeware airports (that's how I could find the texture name). Maybe there's some behind-the-scenes indexing gone awry - or some ID numbers got mixed up ... dunno!

I'll try a fresh install of EGLC and see if it goes away. I'm not too bothered about freeware airports showing them (you get what you pay for, as it were) but I hate my precious Orbx scenery being less than perfect!!!

That's a nice pic, BTW - even though it's only a reference shot!!

Adam.

8 hours ago, Adam Banks said:

8 hours ago, Adam Banks said:

I may be missing the CEMENTDIRT01 texture (

Adam this may help you, there is an article on FSDevelopers = missing-cement-texture.452488 where rhumbaflappy explains

Hard to see in the picture, but CEMENTDIRT01 is a material, not a texture. The texture it refers to is ASO_CEMENT01_ALBEDO.TIF.DDS

Thanks @Smudger and @Gulfstreamtwo ... it does look like I'm not the only one with this kind of issue.

I reinstalled ALL of my Orbx scenery and re-ran MSFS with a totally clean Community folder (with only EGLC active) and still got the problem. So ... it looks like I have a corrupt MSFS install :(

The question is - do I need to do a complete, fresh reinstall - or whether the usual Windows Repair would do the job. Both  options fill me with dread and I'm wondering that maybe I do like pink after all LOL!

Before doing a complete reinstall there are a couple of things to try before actioning the "last resort"

I don't know what version of MSFS you have, i.e. Steam, BUT MAKE BACKUP COPIES of the files I now mention.

In your Packages folder/Local Cache try deleting the Content XML txt file.

Also delete the contents only of SceneryIndexes, again having made backup copies of both.

Don't worry because MSFS will make new copiers of both those files.

Then try a flight at EGLC.

Regarding the Repair function option, I must admit I do not know if it like our Verify files option in that it reads your base files and will download any that are missing.

You could experiment by removing to a safe place, a couple of the core files from the Official folder, run the repair option and see if that replaces the files you removed.

That way you will see what exactly the repair function does.

• Upvote 1

I tried removing the XML and index files but, sadly, no go. BTW - I'm using the Microsoft variant, which encrypts the install folder - so copying/moving files from there is a bit of a nightmare. However - simple deletion works. What the system won't allow (quite understandably) is for me to obtain copies of these textures from someone else.

My next idea is to go to Content Manager and delete CORE CONTENT/Mandatory Packages and hope that I could then re-download them. Seems risky to me though.

Hi Adam,

So if you remove Orbx's EGLC do you get pink textures on the default version? 

If not could someone at Orbx look at Adam's screenshot and identify what is the texture name which is being used where the pink areas appear?  Either Orbx are using their own texture there and that is maybe corrupted, or they are calling a default texture but either way I would have thought that they could confirm which texture it is.

As an FYI I was following a thread on the official forum which I believe you posted to as I'm seeing pink textures on a freeware airport, but only at a distance.  I found two folders where the textures were and renamed those folders.  Starting the sim I noticed a hell of a lot more pink textures because for some reason the Sim did not download the missing textures and I could not find the option to force it.

Well … I renamed the materials folder and relaunched. MSFS correctly updated itself and a fresh copy of that folder was duly installed. Another restart … and … still I have the pink stuff … AARRRRGH!

Next step ... maybe  removing/re-downloading the complete mandatory packages. After that, I'm all out of ideas!

• 8 months later...