A tale for two sims .... EGCK Caernarfon

renault

One of the things that I most enjoy about all the Orbx MS2020 offerings is the attention to detail and the visual immersion that this brings

to the flight experience.  EGCK Caernarfon  is no exception and the Orbx wizards have done it again :)

I started thinking, how does it compare with XPlane 11  and so decided to put together a little "montage" of the two.

All screenshots are direct from their respective "V" key  with no post editing.  I have to say though that I guess my passion around flight simming is really 

concentrated on the science of computer graphics , and the  lighting and computer science behind the scenes in computer gaming lighting engines. 

So the "Renault" pixie dust from my "second hobby "has been scattered liberally here .... :)

I do hope you enjoy them 

And fantastic job as always to the authors of this addon. Orbx, you do good work guys and never disappoint !

Cheers

Pete

rYrkgsA.jpg

DuOXHtk.jpg

b5tYah1.jpg

2jC6USD.jpg

UOQQTWk.jpg

wxE2nLz.jpg

UQGWa0I.jpg

gcIXQGx.jpg

cuP4imB.jpg

IEUUcba.jpg

Q6p9VkB.jpg

bWpljH3.jpg

NTbBXHa.jpg

Yyayxm0.jpg

zQTPxoS.jpg

F6IqIv1.jpg

A  little bit of "artistic license" here.  I was feeling a bit peckish and wanted to enjoy the sunset :rolleyes:

ShwiXim.jpg

10 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Grand set of shots Pete.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain

Cheers:)

Pete

10 hours ago, John Mac said:

Great shots Pete and comparisons. 
John.

Thanks John

Pleased you found it of interest:)

Cheers

Pete

7 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

An excellent set of images but where is the comparison with P3D as well!:lol:

I would have thought that leek soup and Laverbread would have been on the menu.:o

P3D - what's that?  Never heard of it and never installed it B):lol:

The rarebit & Gwynt Y Ddraig was mighty fine though.  Yes, mighty fine indeed !!

Cheers & thanks Martyn

Pete

7 hours ago, boetie said:

Great shots Pete!

Cheers

Graeme :)

Thanks Graham

See you :)

Pete

5 hours ago, BradB said:

Excellent set of shots Pete . 

Thanks John

Appreciate it :)

Just noticed your GPU in your signature. MS2020 must really like that !

Cheers

Pete

2 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Excellent shots and nice comparison.  I would have to say that MSFS looks the best.

Thanks John

I'm very pleased you found it of interest.

Both have their strong points and are different technologies, That was one of my objectives in my little comparison to show both how well each works, but also to show where the future is taking us .

Live streaming and photogrammetry augmented by what Orbx does so well, for me takes what we have available to a entirely new level.

Yes I would be the first to admit MS2020 has not been exactly a seamless exercise, but it is getting much better and when it is working well it is so very, very good. For me, its the future of our hobby and with Orbx beside us on the journey it will be really exciting.

I have a colleague who is into VR in a big way and reading his description of his experiences, makes me  very excited for him with this technology as that is a step above and beyond conventional screens. For me, though I am a flat panel guy , who is just enjoying  the heck out of what the Orbx./MS/Asobo partnership is bringing us.

If you look at the photos here, ( egck airport - Google Search) I found that Orbx MS2020  reproduces what's there so well it's almost scary .

I think it is also important to remember that MS2020 today is just at it's beginning and there is a interesting journey ahead for all of us as the 

technology and its application matures.  Very exciting times for all of us !!

They have done a really outstanding job in creating this one :)

Cheers

Pete

1 hour ago, renault said:

Thanks Iain

Cheers:)

Pete

Thanks John

Pleased you found it of interest:)

Cheers

Pete

P3D - what's that?  Never heard of it and never installed it B):lol:

The rarebit & Gwynt Y Ddraig was mighty fine though.  Yes, mighty fine indeed !!

Cheers & thanks Martyn

Pete

Thanks Graham

See you :)

Pete

Thanks John

Appreciate it :)

Just noticed your GPU in your signature. MS2020 must really like that !

Cheers

Pete

Thanks John

I'm very pleased you found it of interest.

Both have their strong points and are different technologies, That was one of my objectives in my little comparison to show both how well each works, but also to show where the future is taking us .

Live streaming and photogrammetry augmented by what Orbx does so well, for me takes what we have available to a entirely new level.

Yes I would be the first to admit MS2020 has not been exactly a seamless exercise, but it is getting much better and when it is working well it is so very, very good. For me, its the future of our hobby and with Orbx beside us on the journey it will be really exciting.

I have a colleague who is into VR in a big way and reading his description of his experiences, makes me  very excited for him with this technology as that is a step above and beyond conventional screens. For me, though I am a flat panel guy , who is just enjoying  the heck out of what the Orbx./MS/Asobo partnership is bringing us.

If you look at the photos here, ( egck airport - Google Search) I found that Orbx MS2020  reproduces what's there so well it's almost scary .

I think it is also important to remember that MS2020 today is just at it's beginning and there is a interesting journey ahead for all of us as the 

technology and its application matures.  Very exciting times for all of us !!

They have done a really outstanding job in creating this one :)

Cheers

Pete

My Twin Titan's handle MSFS very well , plus my temp's stay in the low 60's C .

Archived