West Michigan Regional

Bermuda425

Nice ones Erik and it's good to see you.  How's life been?  I was wondering who would be the first one with this plane.  Is it up to A2A's standards or PMDG?  I got so tired of wasting money on planes that are just eye candy with 50% of cockpit functionality.  If someone could come up with a good quality helicopter in P3D v5 I'd be happy.

On 3/25/2021 at 6:12 PM, lifejogger said:

Very nice shots.  Chicago and old Meigs Field look very nice.

Thank you John! Days are getting warmer but my sim is still frigid :)

On 3/25/2021 at 7:20 PM, Stillwater said:

Somewhere... across the sea...

Great tour to an airport we rarely see here, Erik. If no Corona I would have visited it last year.

Oh nice, too bad you missed out on the chance. I like the area - it has some interesting winter weather - good for practicing IFR flights.

On 3/26/2021 at 4:01 AM, adambar said:

Where it all began, great shots Erik. :)

Ha ha! Yes indeed. Thanks!

On 3/26/2021 at 8:17 AM, Iain Emms said:

Nice shots.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Sir! ;)

On 3/26/2021 at 12:16 PM, boetie said:

Thanks for the Miegs memories Erik! Great shots mate.

Cheers

Graeme :)

Thanks Graeme! Nice spot for practicing some landings.

On 3/27/2021 at 1:31 AM, olderndirt said:

Gone because the Mayor's wife wanted a park - politics at its finest.

Yeah - and few people realize it was an airport! Glad there's a sim version.

21 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Nice ones Erik and it's good to see you.  How's life been?  I was wondering who would be the first one with this plane.  Is it up to A2A's standards or PMDG?  I got so tired of wasting money on planes that are just eye candy with 50% of cockpit functionality.  If someone could come up with a good quality helicopter in P3D v5 I'd be happy.

Thanks Jackson! Yeah, it's a pretty darn good airplane - especially being freeware. Every button clicks and each knob twists. I've picked this plane to practice some IFR flying as it has got a good pack of avionics. Documentation is great too, easy to get into flying it but then you can dig in deeper with the actual checklists. Cockpit a bit blurry in some parts but oh well. I'm not good at flying helis but they're fun every once in a while. Life's been keeping me moving - I'm home in Germany currently looking for flying work across the globe. Hope you're doing good too?

17 hours ago, mikee said:

Very nice set of shots :) The plane looks great !

Thank you Mike! It's a fun way to buzz around between smaller airports!

3 minutes ago, Bermuda425 said:

I like the area - it has some interesting winter weather - good for practicing IFR flights.

I´ve been there in winter as well, when windy city earns its name. Unfortunately even in IFR conditions I got stucked in O´Hare for many hours, so the practice did not pay off!

31 minutes ago, Bermuda425 said:

Thank you John! Days are getting warmer but my sim is still frigid :)

Oh nice, too bad you missed out on the chance. I like the area - it has some interesting winter weather - good for practicing IFR flights.

Ha ha! Yes indeed. Thanks!

Thanks Sir! ;)

Thanks Graeme! Nice spot for practicing some landings.

Yeah - and few people realize it was an airport! Glad there's a sim version.

Thanks Jackson! Yeah, it's a pretty darn good airplane - especially being freeware. Every button clicks and each knob twists. I've picked this plane to practice some IFR flying as it has got a good pack of avionics. Documentation is great too, easy to get into flying it but then you can dig in deeper with the actual checklists. Cockpit a bit blurry in some parts but oh well. I'm not good at flying helis but they're fun every once in a while. Life's been keeping me moving - I'm home in Germany currently looking for flying work across the globe. Hope you're doing good too?

Thanks Erik, fine as can be waiting on a knee replacement.  The pain is mostly unbearable.

Archived